1. Ziko

Ziko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In that case, you can sail the high seas for these episodes then.

PineappleGod likes this.
  2. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    I would find it interesting to see a new series with completely new characters and stories. But set in the same world, and who knows, maybe they'll run into Ash and the already known characters sometime, but to have a fresh start. Let Ash be "the very best" lol.

JavaScribe and Chary like this.
  3. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    I want the Pokemon Adventures manga series to be animated. I know it'd never happen, but I think that'd be an insane anime series that people would actually love to see.

osaka35 likes this.
  4. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Has a PhD in dueling

United States
    hopefully they'll capture legendaries and actually USE them instead of just befriending them (Solgaleo doesn't count but poiple does since Ash keeps him)

5. VartioArtel

VartioArtel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Kinda Ash's goal for this season. After hitting League Champ in Alola he's basically now participating in a sort of tournament on a World level with a ranking system and everything. Seems they're posing Leon (Sw&Sh) as the absolute best of the best in the world, ranked top. So after beating Leon... Ash really is the very best.

Issac likes this.
  6. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Ash must have been drinking youths their blood in all those years... I stopped watching Pokemon since 2003.

7. GbaNober

GbaNober GBAtemp Regular

Ash Friends has already set their own paths,I bet Brock is already settled down
    while ash is still in the state of chilly kiddie adventure that never end$

8. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Professional Lurker

United States
    I honestly haven't ever been caught up on the Pokemon anime. Master quest was as I far as I'd gotten but I usually tap somewhere in orange islands. I don't mind the move to Netflix, but I'm wondering if this will effect the writing to make it more binge-able.

And it would be cool to see them do a more mature series following Red (or each gens respective protagonist) with a whole arc focusing on the grittier side of Pokemon. Kind of akin to Generations but a little darker. Show Team Rocket holding Silph co at gunpoint to get the masterball, have Red investigate and try to shut down the black market with stolen Pokemon and slowpoke tails. Would never happen but would be cool.

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

You don't have to watch it. I've not watched the anime since the Orange Islands, which is what 20 years ago now?

Regardless I still enjoy the core games, no need to be totally invested in every little bit of the franchise.

10. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

United States
    That sounds interesting. They also wouldn't have to retcon/ignore the events of half of the movies they've released over the years.

I didn't care about Pokemon before about 2014 (weird, I know), and I still felt a strong sense of deja vu from the description. The only thing that stood out as new was being Netflix exclusive, which isn't part of the story.

11. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

United States
    This should be interesting as I'm someone who returned to the anime for Sun/Moon.

I stopped watching back in Hoenn shortly after the Thunder Armor episode. I was impressed with how much better the show was than all 4 Gen 7 games put together. I actually thought I was in a parallel universe or something.

12. Ziko

Ziko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yep. His new goal now is simply to be the best trainer out there now. He will most likely beat Leon this time and not lose hopefully but we've been fooled before. In my eyes, he is a Pokemon master now. Beyond that, the anime mostly is just run of the mill filler when he's not doing his thing.

13. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

United States
    The animation is really good though, have you seen the show?

14. VartioArtel

VartioArtel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We never get clear specification what a "pokemon master" is to be fair. Champion isn't a Master. He isn't exactly hunting every Pokemon. It's an arbitrary Role he has designated for what he wishes to be.

But what we can be certain is this season should finally explain some of his goals.

JavaScribe likes this.
  15. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Really? Netflix exclusive? No GooglePlay? No Amazon? No Disney?

16. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Good. Not taking time slot of other anime on channel for the pretty much same forever young Ash's quest.

17. call me Ken or Accel

call me Ken or Accel GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    80% of the people here never watched SunMoon or this anime (its already airing in Japan. West getting it late, as usual). SunMoon and this specificly are very different from previous seasons (I watched all of them, yep. All +100 episodes of each seasons)
    As a person who grown up with the games and animes, SunMoon and this season are very refreshing. The same feeling when BlackWhite was released

This new season is very episodic. They go to different places in different regions each episode

18. GbaNober

GbaNober GBAtemp Regular

19. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Not you like it's mandatory to have Netflix to watch your shows, the ar' matey side of the internet can lead to abilities some would consider unlegal...

Last edited by Idaho, Apr 30, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - exclusive, Journeys, Pokemon