Picture I took

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a picture i took while on a mission in Quito, Ecuador. it's in a rinky-dink contest, so give a 10!
biggrin.gif

Link

praise and criticism equally welcome.

that one is kinda small...here's a bigger one.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no taste in photography(or art for that matter) but I still voted 10... because you're my best GL referral.

Hope you win!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
I have no taste in photography(or art for that matter) but I still voted 10... because you're my best GL referral.

Hope you win!

Same here, except the Gaming Lagoon part
tongue.gif

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The picture is a bit flat in terms of contrast. You're losing a lot of detail and texture. Cameras tend to flatten images when they take an average of the available lighting, so you're going to lose detail in the darks and the lights. Hope you don't mind, I adjusted the local contrast to show you what I mean.

quitoedityh3.jpg

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hanman said:
techforumz said:
I don't really see the point to that picture.

the point? i'm sorry. next time, i'll make sure there is some grand political/social/philosophical aspect to the pictures i take.

I didn't say it wasn't a good picture. All I meant was that I am inadequate at logically rating creativity. In other words: That could be the worst, or best picture taken, and I wouldn't know the difference.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techforumz said:
hanman said:
techforumz said:
I don't really see the point to that picture.

the point? i'm sorry. next time, i'll make sure there is some grand political/social/philosophical aspect to the pictures i take.

I didn't say it wasn't a good picture. All I meant was that I am inadequate at logically rating creativity. In other words: That could be the worst, or best picture taken, and I wouldn't know the difference.
Thats because you're going about it the wrong way. Even people who cannot paint, or draw, or take good pictures, knows a good painting, drawing or picture when they see one. And thats because a good piece of art can have an impact on a very broad range of viewers, not just a select few. While this picture is missing that sort of pop that makes really good photographs what they are, that doesn't mean that you, as a human, cant appreciate in some capacity what has been taken. To deny such a facility is almost ridiculous.

DBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no depth, no contrast, if the kid is the point of interest surely you could have taken the picture to show that. The composition doesn't work at all.

Keep working and look around a lot it's just a matter of taking pictures every day. And also do some research on great photographers to see what makes a photograph great, of course the subject is important, but not really necessary. Check out Henri Cartier-Bresson.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: