OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Comic Book DS updated

Frontend updates.

The frontend to the popular image viewing software comic book DS has been updated.

• * New: Pictods now runs on Linux and Mac.

* New: Possibilty to link PictoDS to your prefered PDF to JPG software (new command line available in "Path" dialog box).

* New: In command lines ("Path" dialog box) it was just possible to specify the executable to use. That was annoying if you wanted to add an extra option, so now you can use %filename and %outputdirectoryname and enter the exact command line you want (see pictods.properties to have an example).

* New: Possibility to change the software to browse the output directory (command line option in 'Path' dialog). Usefull for linux and Mac users or if you don't like the default Windows explorer.

* New: Possibility to use PictoDS through a command line. Go to 'lib' directory. Enter java -cp org.pictods.jar org.pictods.Pictods. Read the help.
    * Change: File extension is not added in the image names after conversion anymore.

* Change: ComicBookDS.ini file is now only generated when the generate button is pressed.

* Change: Output directory has been renamed from 'nds' to 'cbds'.
icon11.gif
PictoDS download

Thanks to Paco_777 for the news.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Unfortunately it "runs" in Linux, but it doesn't do anything for me. First time I tried to convert a complete folder and it just sat there, doing nothing. Canceled that after looking at a non-moving status bar for a while. Then I tried to convert a single cbr, which it always quits with this message:

pictodserrorrn6.png

while unrar clearly is in /usr/bin/. Anyone knows what's wrong?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got that same error, too. I changed the line to be "rar x" instead of "unrar" and made a copy of rar in ../bin but it still doesn't get too far.

Paco_777

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Gnese.free.fr
XP
Country
France
Yes,
Unfortunately, NicomOOk told me that .rar (and thus .cbr) extentions doesn't seem to work.
It's quite hidden, but i wrote it here : http://cbds.free.fr/Softwares/PictoDS/#troubleshoots
wink.gif

The workaround (until someone can fix the problem) is to unrar manually the .rar (or .cbr) file and then to use pictods with the folder containing the images (the result of the unrar process).
.zip (and .cbz) files should work correctly.

EDIT : by the way, converting a folder will only convert the image files in this folder, not the archives files in it (.zip, .rar,.cbr,.cbz)

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Putting the rar file in ../bin relative to lib/ gives the error "Unrar could not extract: x.rar"

At least you already knew about the problem, I missed it when grabbing the file. Thanks

There's another non-issue that's a little annoying though. Starting up the program leads to just the title bar instead of the whole program at once. I can resize the window though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate