PictoDS updated.

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by FAST6191, Aug 26, 2007.

Aug 26, 2007

PictoDS updated. by FAST6191 at 6:05 PM (7,740 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom

Comic Book DS updated

Frontend updates.

The frontend to the popular image viewing software comic book DS has been updated.

• * New: Pictods now runs on Linux and Mac.

* New: Possibilty to link PictoDS to your prefered PDF to JPG software (new command line available in "Path" dialog box).

* New: In command lines ("Path" dialog box) it was just possible to specify the executable to use. That was annoying if you wanted to add an extra option, so now you can use %filename and %outputdirectoryname and enter the exact command line you want (see pictods.properties to have an example).

* New: Possibility to change the software to browse the output directory (command line option in 'Path' dialog). Usefull for linux and Mac users or if you don't like the default Windows explorer.

* New: Possibility to use PictoDS through a command line. Go to 'lib' directory. Enter java -cp org.pictods.jar org.pictods.Pictods. Read the help.
      * Change: File extension is not added in the image names after conversion anymore.

* Change: ComicBookDS.ini file is now only generated when the generate button is pressed.

* Change: Output directory has been renamed from 'nds' to 'cbds'.
    [​IMG]PictoDS download

Thanks to Paco_777 for the news.

2. MR_COW

Member MR_COW GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yay! My favorite homebrew!

"* New: Pictods now runs on Linux and Mac."

Heeeeellllls yea!

3. unr

Member unr GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    I`m excited about this too. Last time I tried I was unable to run it neither via wine, neither crossover or cedega.

4. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    I was able to run it under wine, but getting JRE 1.5 to work was a nightmare (1.6 didn't even pretend to work).

5. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Linux, yay! Can't wait to try that with my freshly acquired copy of "Civil War" [​IMG] .

6. enarky

Member enarky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Unfortunately it "runs" in Linux, but it doesn't do anything for me. First time I tried to convert a complete folder and it just sat there, doing nothing. Canceled that after looking at a non-moving status bar for a while. Then I tried to convert a single cbr, which it always quits with this message:

[​IMG]

while unrar clearly is in /usr/bin/. Anyone knows what's wrong?

7. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    YOU MUST install java, it said the same for me ( win)

8. outphase

United States
    I got that same error, too. I changed the line to be "rar x" instead of "unrar" and made a copy of rar in ../bin but it still doesn't get too far.

9. Paco_777

Newcomer Paco_777 Member

France
    Yes,
    Unfortunately, NicomOOk told me that .rar (and thus .cbr) extentions doesn't seem to work.
    It's quite hidden, but i wrote it here : http://cbds.free.fr/Softwares/PictoDS/#troubleshoots [​IMG]

The workaround (until someone can fix the problem) is to unrar manually the .rar (or .cbr) file and then to use pictods with the folder containing the images (the result of the unrar process).
    .zip (and .cbz) files should work correctly.

EDIT : by the way, converting a folder will only convert the image files in this folder, not the archives files in it (.zip, .rar,.cbr,.cbz)

10. outphase

United States
    Putting the rar file in ../bin relative to lib/ gives the error "Unrar could not extract: x.rar"

At least you already knew about the problem, I missed it when grabbing the file. Thanks

There's another non-issue that's a little annoying though. Starting up the program leads to just the title bar instead of the whole program at once. I can resize the window though.

11. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    This program has single-handedly made my eyeglass prescription worse. Anyway, great tool!