Hacking Hardware Picofly C Point fail 1.663v

McLaren670

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've had the problem for a few days now that the picofly doesn't start. According to the LED, the D0 soldering point is what I measured earlier. I have a value of 1.663v at point C. Where is the error? Can you help me? I don't feel like opening the switch anymore

Attachments

• IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3584.jpeg
    IMG_3584.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
There are two threads about the picofly you will get better answer if you ask on that threads, you can use the search bar at top of page.

this is not a picofly chip, it's an rp2040-based hwfly. you won't get any support in the picofly threads.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Picofly is the nick name to raspeberry pico (RP-2040) - Hwfly hybrids on the wild.
the two large threads support the rp2040-zero/rp2040-tiny chips only, not these undocumented things

but to be constructive instead of just complain, the issue could be related to the fact that whoever makes these chips puts way too strong resistors on the dat0/C point connection, over 200 ohms. try switching to a 100 ohm resistor instead

Reactions: impeeza

McLaren670

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Picofly is the nick name to raspeberry pico (RP-2040) - Hwfly hybrids on the wild.
I also replaced the chip from picofly to hwfly, both have this error, it's the dat0 contact that doesn't have a proper connection, a bit of fiddling then it works, as soon as I shut down the switch completely it no longer works and boots into the OFW

SnackTec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also replaced the chip from picofly to hwfly, both have this error, it's the dat0 contact that doesn't have a proper connection, a bit of fiddling then it works, as soon as I shut down the switch completely it no longer works and boots into the OFW
So rework the DAT0 adapter? What do you mean with fiddling exactly? Push the adapter in gently? Did you solder the ground anchors on the shield and the anchor next to the eMMC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?