Picofly AIO Thread

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of the picofly toolbox, I was unable to update the picofly to version 2.81 on erista V2. It works well on both lite and oled, I didn't have mariko at hand but only 2 erista v2 and on both it doesn't update.
Last I checked, 2.81 is unsupported modified firmware. All bets are off with compatibility.

Reactions: Dariush

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello everybody.
I have two questions.

1. The latest version on github of the firmware is 2.73. On the link to the download page on gbatemp, the latest version is 2.75, and here, folks are talking about 2.81. I'm a little confused. Which one is the best and where to download it?

2. I decided to install the pi pico instead of RP2040 zero this time. But the LED indicator on the pi pico doesn't light up at all. Not when it is powered by USB cable nor when flashing the firmware. Is it normal?
Is it possible to temporarily install several LEDs on this board to be confidently sure of installation?

I really appreciate your responses.

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody.
I have two questions.

1. The latest version on github of the firmware is 2.73. On the link to the download page on gbatemp, the latest version is 2.75, and here, folks are talking about 2.81. I'm a little confused. Which one is the best and where to download it?

2. I decided to install the pi pico instead of RP2040 zero this time. But the LED indicator on the pi pico doesn't light up at all. Not when it is powered by USB cable nor when flashing the firmware. Is it normal?
Is it possible to temporarily install several LEDs on this board to be confidently sure of installation?

Officially the last version where the source code is available is 2.75 if I'm not mistaken. The 2.76 is also available but I don't remember if there is a source. Version 2.81 has been released where the source code has not been made available but which still works from the tests.

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Officially the last version where the source code is available is 2.75 if I'm not mistaken. The 2.76 is also available but I don't remember if there is a source. Version 2.81 has been released where the source code has not been made available but which still works from the tests.

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind sharing a download link for ver 2.81?

I decided to install the pi pico instead of RP2040 zero this time. But the LED indicator on the pi pico doesn't light up at all. Not when it is powered by USB cable nor when flashing the firmware. Is it normal?

I think you know an answer to my other question. Could you please shed some light on this.
Sorry I didn't know how to mention you. So I edited the quote.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

I think you know an answer to my other question. Could you please shed some light on this.
Show the connection on your pi pico board, my pi pico with 2.75fw LED shows error code normal(the LED on left side of usb port) . I think you didnt short the pcb-type detection/GP22 pin to GND
1722213337958.png

Last edited by jkyoho,

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody.
I have two questions.

have a pm

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I think you didnt short the pcb-type detection/GP22 pin to GND
You're right. I made the short and now the LED is working. Thank you very much.
have a pm
Thanks man.
Post automatically merged:

I successfully installed pi pico on this unit. Wanted to say thanks to the people who helped me and sure the devs.
The biggest advantage of pi pico, in my opinion, is that you don't need to cut the metal shield. At first, I wanted to fix the pico on the battery, but it was a little tick for that space. But it perfectly fits in the place where it is in the second picture.
BTW I'm not sure if the pico blocks the airflow or it's not a big deal with it.

Attachments

• 20240729_184801.jpg
    20240729_184801.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240729_194150.jpg
    20240729_194150.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited by Dariush,

RatchetRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the pico blocks the airflow or it's not a big deal with it.
Should be fine. This is how I do my v1/v2 installs as well. Kapton tape may be unnecessarily blocking airflow since the v1/v2 shell is plastic. Make sure your double sided tape is strong enough. I use Grimco Banner Tape and it is stupid strong. I can barely rip the chip off if I try.

Attachments

• GLPxD2O.jpeg
    GLPxD2O.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Should be fine. This is how I do my v1/v2 installs as well. Kapton tape may be unnecessarily blocking airflow since the v1/v2 shell is plastic. Make sure your double sided tape is strong enough. I use Grimco Banner Tape and it is stupid strong. I can barely rip the chip off if I try.
Clean and beautiful work. I also like your pcb.
I need to buy a double-sided tape but I'm not sure if I can find the exact product. Thanks for advice by the way.

460cidpower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought two NX Lite chips from Ali. I assume they are based on the Pico fly and not real HW flys. Should I be able to update the firmware from rehius?

Just hold the boot button on the board, plug it into my PC, drag and drop the firmware uf2 file and that's it? Or should I try it first with whatever firmware that came with it?
signal-2024-08-01-221341.jpeg

lightautodark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need a little help here. Seller sent me this "lite" kit instead of "oled" by mistake. Rather than waiting for a new oled kit to arrive, is there any way I can use this for oled. How do I wire them? I can see the ground, d, a, c, b point to solder to. But there isn't a CPU point. I've already kamikazed dat0. Just unsure how to connect the CPU ribbon to the chip. Any help is appreciated!
PXL_20240802_120027494~2.jpg

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me, are you able to do a kamikaze and you are not able to solve such a small problem? Connect the flex of the MOSFET to the modchip and test the continuity between the G-point in the photo and the points on the modchip C A D B. Where you find continuity you will find the CPU point on the modchip

Attachments

• flex v2 pinout.jpg
    flex v2 pinout.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 18

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country

2.81 is not a real release. it was created by someone else and released without source. Might contain malware for all we know. The latest real released version is 2.75. Stick with that one.
Post automatically merged:

Hi, need a little help here. Seller sent me this "lite" kit instead of "oled" by mistake. Rather than waiting for a new oled kit to arrive, is there any way I can use this for oled. How do I wire them? I can see the ground, d, a, c, b point to solder to. But there isn't a CPU point. I've already kamikazed dat0. Just unsure how to connect the CPU ribbon to the chip. Any help is appreciated

You can connect the cpu wire to the middle two pins on this ribbon connector

cpupins.jpg

Last edited by deeps,

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
What coz this problem the emummc working fine but when chose ofw after nintendo logo black secreen 18.1.0 nand is skyhinex like that name sorry. I have boot1 boot0 i can backup sysnand raw gpp. Hats pack 1. 71-5..

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Check the values of DAT0/CMD/CLK resistors.
Thank you so much i fix it bro thank you so much...

I chose cfw sysnand and after nintendo logo i see console secreen show logo red factory reset as you buy it new and doing steps that console show to do and boom i fix so nice ofw working.

Last edited by Danook28,

Peeta01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help here. got the picofly RP2040. Everything checks out on the diode reading. Before install the OFW works. I'm able to get to Hekate, create partition, emummc created. but when i boot into OFW or CFW i just get a black screen. TIA!

Reactions: Danook28

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.