Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Pcbway not Jlcpcb. I already told you these people will not make this design.
Pcbway have a different quotation system the price can increase during the audit dramatically.
Ah i see. Then my decision to avoid them is already correct :rofl2:

Its similar to my local country. You sent the gerber via whatsapp or email, than chat.
The price will be on discussed.
If you have capability to persuade you might got a cheaper price, but if you're looks like a dummy, you will got charged more.

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, V3 version (with double MOSFET) and I verified before installing it that S, D and G were properly connected/soldered to the flex.
If you have spare flex replace it with a new one. I am 80% sure this is your problem. I have face it more than 5 times.
The mariko random long glitch failure issue happens only there, not on oled.

Reactions: Phantomas77

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Ah i see. Then my decision to avoid them is already correct :rofl2:

Its similar to my local country. You sent the gerber via whatsapp or email, than chat.
The price will be on discussed.
If you have capability to persuade you might got a cheaper price, but if you're looks like a dummy, you will got charged more.

No they have similar website to those pcb fabs you send them via their website
www.pcbway.com

But like I said, need to be cautious of their quotation system because you can get burned.

------
That being said, I think pcbway is cheaper if you're going to buy bulk. My last order comes down to $0.3 per piece.
I also would like to add something about Jlcpcb BS, they give the green light passing audit and ready for fabrication but once you pay them they start complaining about design choices.

Last edited by Hassal,

Vigintiduo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand.
Do you mean, disconnecting the 3.3V that goes to picofly and place the emmc back to the original slot?
I mean disconnect the whole actual chip part, put the eMMC in the original slot but leaving the CPU flex soldered on (and of course insulating the flying connector)

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Left side is pcbway
Right side jlcpcb

Pads completely obliviated with jlcpcb not to mention missing silkscreen. Quality control at its finest with these but I'm not mad because they didn't charge me an arm.

Attachments

• IMG_4249.JPG
    IMG_4249.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4253.JPG
    IMG_4253.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 31

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Left side is pcbway
Right side jlcpcb

Pads completely obliviated with jlcpcb not to mention missing silkscreen. Quality control at its finest with these but I'm not mad because they didn't charge me an arm.
I understand now the gist of the capability of jlcpcb.

If i were you, i might just order with the corner to the jlcpcb, then manually cut it myself.
Get cheap price and jobs done.

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is the change from picofly firmware 2.75 to 2.74? When I compare the 2, the github site shows the information: PicoFly_2.75_2023.09.09_08-16 and PicoFly_2.74_2023.05.26_22-58 are identical.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What is the change from picofly firmware 2.75 to 2.74? When I compare the 2, the github site shows the information: PicoFly_2.75_2023.09.09_08-16 and PicoFly_2.74_2023.05.26_22-58 are identical.
Give ss that github says its identical.

You could see the commit, for further information.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I understand now the gist of the capability of jlcpcb.

If i were you, i might just order with the corner to the jlcpcb, then manually cut it myself.
Get cheap price and jobs done.
That one from jlc could still used but requires more effort on my part. That extra effort of opening a trace to link the lines is just not worth it. I want to avoid nuisances not add them.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That one from jlc could still used but requires more effort on my part. That extra effort of opening a trace to link the lines is just not worth it. I want to avoid nuisances not add them.
Not opening trace.

Just make the 'touch point' big enough for jlcpcb precision, then cut it manually.
If necessary use some custom plunger to cut the flex accordingly.

Of course if you have more money, order to a decent manufacture will solve your problem.
Almost everything are solved by money.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not opening trace.

Just make the 'touch point' big enough for jlcpcb precision, then cut it manually.
If necessary use some custom plunger to cut the flex accordingly.

Of course if you have more money, order to a decent manufacture will solve your problem.
Almost everything are solved by money.
I meant the ones I have. I'm not going through that cycle again with them.

By the way, for flex pcbway doesn't charge you solely on quantity. They would charge you the same whether you order 10 or even 300 pcs.

Last edited by Hassal,

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I was not using the switch for a month and put it in its box with 80% charge turned off and now when i boot the switch it automatically boots into ofw. The led only lights up as its saying success but no matter what i cant get into the no sd card logo. Can anybody help?

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I was not using the switch for a month and put it in its box with 80% charge turned off and now when i boot the switch it automatically boots into ofw. The led only lights up as its saying success but no matter what i cant get into the no sd card logo. Can anybody help?
Post a video that shows the LED.

LaFruta

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
oled switch turns off suddenly due to overheating. It's not a temperature issue, this can happen at 38 or 45 degrees, any ideas?
picofly has installed everything working correctly, suddenly the problems started

WorfRB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys. I know we can also install the rp2040 on erista v1 unpatched. In this scenario is the installation the same like the other chips? (solder wires to testpoints and without using cpu cable)

Vault76

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello everyone, i have an oled switch that have already installed rp2040 in 2 months ago. But it was suddenly stop working and blinking **= which is no eMMC block 1 read like in the manuals. Do anyone know what is the problem? Thanks alot

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I know we can also install the rp2040 on erista v1 unpatched. In this scenario is the installation the same like the other chips? (solder wires to testpoints and without using cpu cable)

no, the picofly glitch method is completely unrelated to the rcm unpatched exploit thingy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu