Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

LazarusGX4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone encountered this? Rp2040 keeps on glitching?

..I experienced that (Switch Lite though..)...then after the glitching attempt a RED LED then off...

what I did is to replace my wirings with enameled 0.2mm (DAT0, CMD, RST, CLCK, CPU)

then it worked... It might also be a soldering issue (cold solder?)...

Reactions: nico77 and vvveeee5

vvveeee5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Fw2.5, it happens to run a while ago. But when i tried to put back the backplate, it just keeps on glitching for what ever reason.

SQc04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
nono a Switch game :)
1682351779144.png

voddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AAtmosphere patches block fuse burning, so you should use the official updater in either "Full Stock", or OFW mode (clean unpatched system).

Now you have two ways:
1) boot "Full Stock" mode using hekate (completely stock system, Nintendo Logo on the boot), then apply the official updater (not sure if that is possible when you already have the latest version)
2) use daybreak to downgrade back to the 15.0, then boot OFW and apply the official updater again
Post automatically merged:

This was made as a last resort for people who can't get a smaller board like rp2040-zero. It lacks RGB LED for debug, needs to be cut, and have difficulties with D0 connection. You have to be skilled to use that
I just tried holding + and - on Boot. It started ofw (Nintendo Logo) and the Update to 16.x went through. Sadly i still get a blackscreen.

I downgrade to 15.x again and it booted ofw again. So i tried running Hekate -> reboot -> ofw and did the same updating process using wifi and the Nintendo updater.

Same result - didnt work :s thats kind of strange - no fuses were burnt… is this a bug?

Chonay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
sure u can use them , but why would u want to use them?
there is already limited space that why we use smd

he loves the grass just like u

here u go heres a direct link to the ones i order if u order today they will arrive tommorow

Buy Me

purple schreen is most likely an issue with the 4.7k cmd resistor
It's not like they're huge, they're almost as thick as the beak, I say this because they're the ones I have on hand, what I can't get are the mosfets, I mean I know they're on aliexpress but they arrive in 60 days or more and also resolve the issue of it will take DAT0 from the nand of the Oled because in Oled there is no DAT0 test point as in the lite, right?

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried holding + and - on Boot. It started ofw (Nintendo Logo) and the Update to 16.x went through. Sadly i still get a blackscreen.

I downgrade to 15.x again and it booted ofw again. So i tried running Hekate -> reboot -> ofw and did the same updating process using wifi and the Nintendo updater.

Same result - didnt work :s thats kind of strange - no fuses were burnt… is this a bug?
I don't understand. You have working both CFW (as you said) and OFW (reboot->OFW)

where do you get a black screen?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not like they're huge, they're almost as thick as the beak, I say this because they're the ones I have on hand, what I can't get are the mosfets, I mean I know they're on aliexpress but they arrive in 60 days or more and also resolve the issue of it will take DAT0 from the nand of the Oled because in Oled there is no DAT0 test point as in the lite, right?
ah okay well then u need to make it fit somehow.
no oled u need a adapter or u need to take the emmc out the emmc ,reball emmc , set permanent dat0 adapter

voddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand. You have working both CFW (as you said) and OFW (reboot->OFW)

where do you get a black screen?
Oh sorry
Well its like this:
1. Firmware 15.x is installed
2. i Start using + and - to Boot in ofw
3. ofw starts with no problems
4. im running the updater (ofw) and it installed 16.x
5. it demands a reboot.
6. i hold + and - to boot ofw
7. blackscreen

After some booting fails in ofw i Boot into cfw and reset using Daybreak to fw 15.x

Again with fw 15.x i tried this
2. i boot hekate
3. i Click restart
4. i Click on ofw
5. ofw Boots (fw15.x)
6. i m updating using the Updater to fw16.x
7. the Update installs and demands a reboot
8. it Boots into hekate
9. i Click reboot
10. i Click on ofw
11. blackscreen

After a lot of tries i reinstalled ofw 15.x again and it Boots.(but the desired 16.x does not boot)
My fuses are still at 17(15.01)

Cfw Boots when i m on 16.x but ofw just doesnt work at all in v16.x - only 15.x works.

Not a big deal but thats a strange behavior. Thanks for all your hard work and sorry for the trouble

Last edited by voddy,

sionka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi, are there any replacements for irfhs8342? I really dont want to wait 40days to arrive from china.

are there any replacements for irfhs8342? I really dont want to wait 40 days to arrive from china.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh sorry
Well its like this:
2. i Start using + and - to Boot in ofw
3. ofw starts with no problems
4. im running the updater (ofw) and it installed 16.x
5. it demands a reboot.
6. i hold + and - to boot ofw
7. blackscreen

After some booting fails in ofw i Boot into cfw and reset using Daybreak to fw 15.x

Again with fw 15.x i tried this
2. i boot hekate
3. i Click restart
4. i Click on ofw
5. ofw Boots (fw15.x)
6. i m updating using the Updater to fw16.x
7. the Update installs and demands a reboot
8. it Boots into hekate
9. i Click reboot
10. i Click on ofw
11. blackscreen

After a lot of tries i reinstalled ofw 15.x again and it Boots.(but the desired 16.x dies not boot)
My fuses are still at 17(15.01)

Cfw Boots when i m on 16.x but ofw just doesnt work at all in v16.x - only 15.x works.

Not a big deal but thats a strange behavior. Thanks for all your hard work and sorry for the trouble
CFW you mean CFW SYSNAND OR CFW emuNAND?
Are you using latest Hekate 6.0.3 and ATM 1.5.2?

voddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CFW you mean CFW SYSNAND OR CFW emuNAND?
Are you using latest Hekate 6.0.3 and ATM 1.5.2?
Yes i m on Hekate 6.0.3 and ATM 1.5.2
Both CFW Sysnand and CFW Emunand (file based - didnt set up a Partition Emunand) work on 16.x but trying to Boot 16.x OFW just shows blackscreen. (While 15.x OFW works)

I use 47 Ohm resistors and a pi 2040 by waveshare

if i cant find a fix i might just use emunand

Last edited by voddy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night