FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only goons here are people like you

Just because the dev won’t help you with “muh piracy”

The dev locking out atmosphere does absolutely nothing for chip manufacturers..especially when it was designed for a $5 readily available raspberry pi lmao

Why block emunand ? That’s just another way for you to say you just want HOS support.
Why would I even want to pirate on sysnand is beyond my wildest imagination.
But you didn't even get the whole sense of what I said about chip manufacturers in not one, but two posts. So I won't bother

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigpatches are not piracy dude, none of the code in those are copyright or anything that's illegal in any way. Those patches just patch an instruction at an offset based on a files sha256 value. However downloading game dumps and playing them is. Sigpatches can be used for nro forwarders or installing homebrew nro/xci files or for running those.
That's why i said sigpatches and illegally optained dumps. I'm fine with sigpatches for playing your own dumps. An argument can be made however that the DCMA has a clause that forbids bypassing copy protection which sigpatches do.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you didn't even get the whole sense of what I said about chip manufacturers in not one, but two posts. So I won't bother
I pirate on sysNAND. Why? Because I’m already banned so why not. I also have an unpatched Switch that runs emuNAND for homebrew and sysNAND for legit that is still unbanned.

While I support was done in the firmware to not allow Atmosphere to boot, I would like to point out the hypocrisy of the the statement being made. If it were in fact to not allow piracy, it also would not have allowed Android to boot as piracy is rampant and incredibly simple in Android. It seems pointless and hypocritical to condone piracy in one operating system and be vengeful about it in another.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your entire argument was that this doesn’t put any pressure on chip manufacturers of course it doesn’t because it doesn’t enable piracy so that idiotic

Why would a firmware made for a completely different PCB and FPGA put pressure on something entirely different(HWFly)

It’s fine you just want to pirate, but pick a better straw man argument if you want to pretend

qgywibczozfvvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And he chose the correct way to show that people are hypocrites saying that they don't want it for piracy!
We can already have any emulator we want through linux (and android) , but people keep asking for HOS support..
The only real reason for that is piracy...
So, sorry but personally I m with him on that and his firmware is indeed complete!
Post automatically merged:

Even though i haven't seen any pico based chip on public sale (or even on private apart from here which i m not 100% sure it really works as we only have boot videos till hekate so it could be the same ubuntu firmware), as the firmware he made is not able to boot HOS , there is no way for somebody to take that firmware and make a "product for sale" that boots hos without reversing it..So it is not hypocrisy at all from his side...
To be honest, it is way harder to reverse what he did and decrypt it that to rewrite it from scratch if somebody wants to enable piracy....
Nah can't take his side on this , with freedom comes piracy on many ends . People mostly are aware why they are using the hwlfy as it allows both experimentation on locked hardware as well as piracy . Piracy is the sole reason why hwfly is able to boost upto 70$ and people still pay for it . Blocking atmosphere doesn't really help as somewhere out there exist a private fw that is either already rolling out slowly or will do so .

FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s fine you just want to pirate, but pick a better straw man argument if you want to pretend
Boy, all you do is crying and point your finger at the people who would like the Pikofly to be able to load Atmosphere, while yelling that they just want to pirate.
Dunno about you, but luckily I'm not so broke that I can't afford a 70$ HWfly if I wanted to pirate (and actually saving lots of money for that 70$ value, in the long run).
But for some Mario and Smash mods? Definitely not worth the price. But keep up the good crying, what can I say.

Also, like this other guy said:
While I support was done in the firmware to not allow Atmosphere to boot, I would like to point out the hypocrisy of the the statement being made. If it were in fact to not allow piracy, it also would not have allowed Android to boot as piracy is rampant and incredibly simple in Android. It seems pointless and hypocritical to condone piracy in one operating system and be vengeful about it in another.
I guess that people who use emulators all have their original copies of the game, huh?

Reactions: some1ne

qgywibczozfvvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you really wanted to pirate games, you could maybe try to run them in the yuzu emulator under linux.
Some of us own patched switch by mistake or foolishness + switch is portable. Driving insane prices for jailbreak doesn't really make sense other than corporate greed

wud3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pity rehius just wanted to make money, but malaysians cut him off and now he is just crying in the corner playing botw on his $5 unlocked switch

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That's why i said sigpatches and illegally optained dumps. I'm fine with sigpatches for playing your own dumps. An argument can be made however that the DCMA has a clause that forbids bypassing copy protection which sigpatches do.
An arguement can also be made that cars kill people every day, however that's not their intended use - they are just a tool for convencience, sigpatches are the same, they are just a tool that can be used in different ways for different things.

Also laws change depending on the country you come from, in my country you are legally allowed to backup your own games, and you own the hardware you play them on, so if I want to temporarily patch an area of memory on hardware I own, I don't really care what some judge in the USA says, USA laws are not world laws.

Last edited by mrdude,

qgywibczozfvvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
An arguement can also be made that cars kill people every day, however that's not their intended use - they are just a tool for convencience, sigpatches are the same, they are just a tool that can be used in different ways for different things.

Also laws change depending on the country you come from, in my country you are legally allowed to backup your own games, and you own the hardware you play them on, so if I want to temporarily patch an area of memory on hardware I own, I don't really care what some judge in the USA says, USA laws are not world laws.

Do you think community will find a way ? .

~Optimistic_Reader

tyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
6E{H1I89W${@NRMLA~MTK9I.jpg

[YA@9_W2QDR55G)0~2)2[5J.jpg

Cut the shell to make it match

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum