Phantasy Star Zero (DS) announced

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the latest issue of Famitsu, Sega had a surprise for us: a new game in their long-running series for the DS called Phantasy Star Zero. Not much is known about the game yet, but I'll post what I have uncovered thus far:

First of all:

"- Phantasy Star Zero (DS)
Publisher: SEGA
Developer: Sonic Team?
- Character Designer : Toshiyuki Kubooka (IdolMaster, Lunar)
- Scenario : Tooru Shiwasu (formerly in charge of the online quest on the original PSO, now a writer)
- Scenario : Teru Arai (mystery novels writer)
- New in the PSO series
- Multi play over Nintendo WiFi connection
- Chat system supports sending of stylus sketches (Something like Pictochat)
- Huge Dragon: Rayburn"

This is the info that was in Famitsu. Source is: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=1

Scans:

73601020080910_094944_0_big.jpg

73601020080910_094944_1_big.jpg

These are pretty high quality!

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oboy oboy oboy!
smile.gif

Man, that's going to be great! Thank you SEGA. Thank you.

3D? Awesome.
Wi-Fi multiplayer? Awesome.
Wi-Fi Chat? Awesome.
SEGA doing something on the Nintendo DS that's awesome? Awesome.

All I've got to say is that it had better be translated to English or it will be WWII all over again.
hate2.gif

yaynds.gif

omgroffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES PLEASE.

I loved the original Phantasy Star Online so much that I've been debating picking up a PSP in part for this game. Hopefully this turns out great, and the pictochat should really be interesting.

Scared about the social aspect though. In the original PSO it was so easy to add friends to your list because you would just trade "cards." Nintendo isn't too keen on this simplicity of friend-making, not to mention people had a tendency to type and draw pretty naughty things. I hope it doesn't turn out botched.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
ZOMFG this is awesome!!!!

I just hope the WiFi play can support 4 and hoping more than that players
tongue.gif

So from the screenshots I'm expecting action RPG like, kinda like Soma Bringer.

Nice find dude~

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JOY!!

Ive dreamed of this since NDS day one.
It might not be full out MMO but thats just fine aslong as theres a little more immersion to fill it in.
Though the long drawn out gameplay can get some people rather tired.
So hopefully theres a lobby in there somewhere.

Still, its just what I've been waiting for. I hope it turns out well.

Yay SEGA! Still kicking and screaming.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just edited this to add two more scans. Same scan, better angles, and more pictures made it into camera view.
yaynds.gif

It's hard to tell at the moment, but the 3D looks pretty good!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA sure do have a lot of RPG's for the DS don't they? All are looking pretty good too, hoping that they can get back to their former glory.

The look of this title matches the Dreamcast & Gamecube games, I just hope its better than Phantasy Star Universe as I really couldn't get into that one.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AHHHHH YYYEEEEAAHHHH!!!! I was just thinking about a phantasy star for ds. I loved the original online games for the dreamcast and gamcube, I played online for awhile and it was quite fun. I do hope they have the "card" feature in rather than friend codes as it would be easier to find out if your friends are online. I just hope they don't charge you for your cards like they did on the gamecube....

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...are the scans down? But this sounds really good...especially since they say it's a new addition to the PSO series...the more players the better on Wifi, but hell, I'd be fine with just 2 players as long as it's co-op. As long as it's as good as I & II, although never tried III but people seemed to like it depsite the C.A.R.D. system.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
Hmm...are the scans down? But this sounds really good...especially since they say it's a new addition to the PSO series...the more players the better on Wifi, but hell, I'd be fine with just 2 players as long as it's co-op. As long as it's as good as I & II, although never tried III but people seemed to like it depsite the C.A.R.D. system.
I think I fixed them. No clue what happened though.

P

pasc

WoW ! great ! *pray pray pray* I heard Phantasy Star was an awesome Dreamcast game, and according to the screenshots, it will rock ! YAY !

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As much as I enjoyed PSO on the dreamcast (I went a little overboard and now it is the reason I do not play mmorpgs) I was truly hoping for a continuation of the megadrive/genesis games. Oh well back to the emulators (I see a couple of the pre internet megadrive/genesis modem versions have now been translated anyhow: http://www.romhacking.net/?genre=&plat...asy&author= ).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over...