Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic and Knuckles (World) which would be the first one buttt i can run sonic 2 so i have that going.

I cant seem to get any roms to run on FBA for Windows over all Im having a hard time with that too (obviously a different topic of discussion). :/ Shouldn't it be easier to run roms for PFBA then FBA?
Not really, FBA is an emulator that has been live since pretty long ago, and PFBA its a port, so it might not work with all the roms that FBA do [10920 roms to be exact].

Does this files match the ones you have on sk.zip?

<rom name="mpr-16910-u.ic1" size="2097152" crc="0658f691"/>
<rom name="mpr-16911-s.ic2" size="262144" crc="4dcfd55c"/>

BakerxXxFiona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, FBA is an emulator that has been live since pretty long ago, and PFBA its a port, so it might not work with all the roms that FBA do [10920 roms to be exact].

Does this files match the ones you have on sk.zip?
<rom name="mpr-16910-u.ic1" size="2097152" crc="0658f691"/>

<rom name="mpr-16911-s.ic2" size="262144" crc="4dcfd55c"/>

No both the sonic_2.rar and sk.rar have in a .md file packed. Quite frankly cannot even find mpr-16910-u.ic1and mpr-16911-s.ic2 packed files for Sonic and Knuckles(world) (I thought fba would read the .md files: NOPE) on the net everything is either a .md file or a bin and zipped and rarred. Looked at a bunch of places :/

Last edited by BakerxXxFiona,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No both the sonic_2.rar and sk.rar have in a .md file packed. Quite frankly cannot even find mpr-16910-u.ic1and mpr-16911-s.ic2 packed files for Sonic and Knuckles(world) (I thought fba would read the .md files: NOPE) on the net everything is either a .md file or a bin and zipped and rarred. Looked at a bunch of places :/
You need to clean your roms to make them match. final burn alpha has an special format, you cant just grab a megadrive file and zip it, if the CRC dont match, it will be unavailable.

BakerxXxFiona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i dont mean to be a pest, i will figure this out. Maybe if I have further important ?'s regarding this i can pm you would that be OK?

BakerxXxFiona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should try to find an FBA romset online.
Yup it looks like im gonna have to do that, only problem is im running out of hard drive space. So its gonna be dl. torrented in parts :/ and repacked later.
Ok i was dumb and didnt search for mpr-16910-u.ic1and mpr-16911-s.ic2 specifically so thats on me. I found a spot and now i have the game, "its working" on fba, now to test it on pfba.\

EDIT works on pfba too.

Attachments

• Game.png
    Game.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by BakerxXxFiona,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup it looks like im gonna have to do that, only problem is im running out of hard drive space. So its gonna be dl. torrented in parts :/ and repacked later.
Ok i was dumb and didnt search for mpr-16910-u.ic1and mpr-16911-s.ic2 specifically so thats on me. I found a spot and now i have the game, "its working" on fba, now to test it on pfba.\

EDIT works on pfba too.
You are welcome.

Reactions: BakerxXxFiona

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
i downloaded the FB Alpha v0.2.97.42 romset anyway i can update this to FB Alpha v0.2.97.43 ? as no matter what i do they show as missing..................

poulp3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! Can I get battery issues with this emulator ? (Thinking about Lakka.tv with battery desync...)

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a major issue. I can create save states in all games EXCEPT for Neo-Geo games. I press A to save and instead of saving, the screen blinks and nothing shows up.

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

pFBA is a fork of FBA, an arcade and consoles emulator which run neogeo, cps1, cps2, cps3... arcade roms and megadrive, master system, game gear, pc engine.... consoles roms.

Tips:

You can also run console games (megadrive, pc engine...).
You can find some information in the ps vita thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pfba-portable-final-burn-alpha-official-thread.458445/
You can also find some information and source code here : https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba/tree/new

Download pfba releases on github : https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba/releases

• devkitPro and libnx people: yellows8, plutoo, profi200, WntrMute ....
  • fba main author: barry... https://www.fbalpha.com
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

pFBA 1.55:

• update to FBA 0.2.97.43
  • update/fix save states and nvram support (you NEED to delete old folders : "config" and "saves" to prevent crashes)
  • remove m68k cyclone asm core support
  • switch: disable single joycon support for now
  • fix console roms, no prefix needed anymore, roms need to be in their respective directories :
    • pfba/megadriv
    • pfba/gamegear
    • pfba/sms
    • pfba/coleco
    • pfba/msx
    • pfba/sg1000
    • pfba/pce
    • pfba/tg16
    • pfba/sgx

pFBA 1.54:
  • switch: fix audio :)
  • switch: add 4 player support. When joycons are not docked (multiplayer), use "L STICK" button press for start or coin instead (+) or (-)). All players share the same button configuration for now.
  • switch: fix a random crash on exit (hopefully)
  • switch: lower font size
  • switch: use linear filtering as default option (faster)
  • pfba: fix button textures not deleted when changing menu
  • pfba: fix version not correctly handled on some platforms
  • pfba: fix missing rom path slash on new config

pFBA 1.52:
  • SWITCH; new ui renderer (libcross2d/sdl2), improved texture and font rendering (no more scaling)
  • SWITCH: use bigger font size
  • SWITCH: add proper joystick implementation (joystick was previously interpreted as buttons).
  • SWITCH: add "point filtering", limited to 1x, 2x and 3x scaling. This is slower but may give a better image.
  • SWITCH: add basic/crappy scanline effect
  • SWITCH: fix input rotation (OFF=landscape, ON=landscape, FLIP=portrait)
  • SWITCH: fix random crash on exit? (libnx fix?)
  • VITA: fix wrong input rotation (hopefully)
  • VITA: add sharp-bilinear-simple shader back in
  • PFBA: don't play an audio frame when entering menu/savestates
  • PFBA: reset configuration when updating to a new version (sorry).

Changelog 1.51:

• PFBA: some ui adjustment
  • PFBA: fix 4/3 aspect ratio
  • NX: add audio (not perfect, but mostly ok)
  • NX: many fixes and improvements
  • PSP2: lot of ui changes
  • PSP2: fixed shaders (was not properly scaling, linear filter and sharp+scan shader is now perfect)
  • PSP2: many, many changes...

Changelog 1.50 :

• THERE IS MAJOR CHANGES IN THE CONFIGURATION, YOU NEED TO DELETE THE CONFIG FILES BEFORE PLAYING BACK YOUR FAVORITE GAME :
    • DELETE FILE "/switch/pfba/pfba.cfg
    • DELETE FOLDER "/switch/pfba/configs"

• add hardware scaling and rotation, big improvement in frame-rate.
  • fix scaling and rotation in any mode (horizontal, vertical, flipped)
  • add save state support
  • fix some random crashes
  • fix input change/mapping in configuration menu
  • add input names in configuration menu (textures to come)
  • add joystick support (basic, handled as buttons for now)
  • add rotation information in rom info box
  • add crappy audio support (disabled for now)
  • add fba version in loading screen
  • disabled unused filtering option for now (only linear filtering is available)
does it work on 5.1.0

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does work on 5.1.0

I'm having trouble with multiplayer. Two players worked fine, but when I connected a third joycon, I can't seem to get three players going. It detects the first two joycons as one player, either first or second depending on which order I pair the joycons. It never gets all three joycons as three separate players with three coin and start buttons. The closest I can get for example is a coin and start for homer and Bart (players 2 and 3) and a coin for Marge (player 1) but no start button for her. But even then, they don't have action buttons.

Reactions: MrWhosHacking

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone please explain to me how you set this up and running. I have installed version 1.55 on my sd card put my mega drive roms in switch/pfba/megadriv.. folder but none of the Roms show up in pfba or working it’s saying missing on them all I just wanted to play good old sonic 1. I’m getting my roms from good old trusted paradise? It’s not working for me surely I’m setting my sd card up wrong or do I need extra files in the switch/pfba/megadriv.. folder to work properly. Please pm me if you prefer with links that would help. I’m new to pfba I have never used this before.

Last edited by Reecey,

chowyunfatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anyone please explain to me how you set this up and running. I have installed version 1.55 on my sd card put my mega drive roms in switch/pfba/megadriv.. folder but none of the Roms show up in pfba or working it’s saying missing on them all I just wanted to play good old sonic 1. I’m getting my roms from good old trusted paradise? It’s not working for me surely I’m setting my sd card up wrong or do I need extra files in the switch/pfba/megadriv.. folder to work properly. Please pm me if you prefer with links that would help. I’m new to pfba I have never used this before.
  • pfba/megadriv try roms here, i have a bunch of fba roms and there just in the roms folder, maybe try that folder?

Last edited by chowyunfatt,

chowyunfatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So they have to go in pfba/megadrive.. folder not switch/pfba/megadrive..
Is that correct?
mine are in switch/pfba/roms but i only have fba roms as in arcade. try a megadrive game in that folder see if it works. It should be switch/pfba/magadrive tho as stated on first page

EDIT: sorry its /magadriv

Last edited by chowyunfatt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...