Personal Headers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xolima, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Xolima
    OP

Xolima Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    Hello, I have one quick question. If I inject a header I made myself from a game I own on a 3ds rom is it possible to play online without risking a ban ? Can I dump a 3ds singleplayer only game to have access to my own header ? I just want to know the risks of the whole proccess. Thanks in advance

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You only need the UniqueID of the cartridge, the rest of the header has to reflect the game you're running (correct Cart and EEPROM ID etc.). So far people using private headers seem to be safe, but nobody really knows how the bans work.

3. Loke

Loke GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    As foxi said, no one really knows. I do recommend using a private header though. When the online function was released I wanted to have minimalize the risk and recently lots of players have been banned, while i didn't even receive a message. I used an offline game for the header and edited it to fit the different games (size, card 2).

But remember; It's always a risk playing online, even with a private header.

4. Dotmore

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Sorry if i ninja this theat, but how to do you, say, put a personal header of MGS:SE or Streetfigther onto another game? (Pokemon Omega Ruby in this example) I want to play online with it

Also, i guess i need to downgrade Sysnand? Since if i do get banned, i wont be able to use the brower explain to get to EmuNAND?

5. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    You need a way to dump your game (gateway) and extract the header
    There's another possibility to extract the header info, but that involves a bit more of a risk, cause you need wifi access for that using the browser exploit (if i'm correct)