Gaming Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Time for a Fan Translation?

tathra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need help from the hackers from other projects try to talk with ChepChep , JamRules or SkyBladeCloud. see if they can help with the hacking maybe make a tool so you can recruit translators to get this started.

you might also try contacting the group that did the innocent sin psx translation to see if they might help with creating some of the tools needed. they had a blog at tsumi.wordpress which might have contact info.

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might also try contacting the group that did the innocent sin psx translation to see if they might help with creating some of the tools needed. they had a blog at tsumi.wordpress which might have contact info.

I wouldn't count on it, Gemini's got all kinds of other stuff going on. But hey, maybe you'll get lucky.

GDW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might help.

https://github.com/esperknight/CriPakTools

EsperKnight created a series of tools for CriWare, which is basically what most late era PSP RPGs run on. It should make your life a bit easier.

This looks like a professional chunk of work!

Unfortunately, all of this seems to be work I'd already done in my tool. :lol: The only hurdle at this point is (still) re-compression into CRILAYLA. It's sliding-window compression, standard stuff, just implemented in a funny way. I wrote a tool that does it linearly, but it's not 1:1 with what the official CRI software does, and as a result, on re-insertion the game locks up in places in a somewhat unpredictable way. A satisfactory implementation of the compression will involve sliding-window tree manipulation, and I've started it -- I just haven't had the time to finish my solution this summer. If someone savvy wants to write an implementation, I'll put up a doc about it.

That's the only big part of the hack itself that's left. xyz implemented a VWF and other things related to that, and detailed what he's figured out about the script format, which can be checked out at the link he posted. The work on character encoding is far enough along that we could write a decently-formatted script dump to start work on. I just hate releasing part of an unfinished hack.

@Interested parties: Come by irc.paradoxirc.net:#Zelda if you want to be in the loop. That's where you'll hear about goings-on first -- I only stop in here when I remember to.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
So... What's the actual status on this by now? Are people even interested in translating this?

EDIT: Is a full translation really necessary now that I think about it? What about just translating Tatsuya's scenario and just play the PSX version for the rest?

Elementalchevalier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm new here, and have been watching this post for a while! Rooting for you guys! Thanks so much for working on getting a translated version of p2EP!

I don't know a thing about translating, hacking, or homebrewing psp or whatnot... But I am curious... If this translation is successful, will we need the umd of P2EP in our psp for this to work, or will this be completely digital? If completely digital, can this be brought over to the vita in its completed state?

Sorry for all the noob questions :/ and thanks for your hard work!

DarkenRaul1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I love this idea for a English translation. Someone mentioned in the first page of this thread that there was a script for Tatsuya's extra scenario thing (and since I'm lazy and didn't check to see if anyone else had already posted a link to that yet Imma do dat now ^_^)

http://pastebin.com/uiqvLAcV Hope this helps!

Elementalchevalier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean there are two teams working on this project? Also, will with translations be playable on the vita? Hmmm...now that I think about it, did they ever make p2:EP a digital download?

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nice choice of games from tradukosoft :o

persona 2 eternal punishment psp and conception 1 - i´m very interesseted in both these games ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1