Hacking Performance difference between 4-pin and 7-pin hardmod?

CaptainSwag101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading through the "noob-friendly" hardmod tutorial here, and I noticed that it mentions that you can get better performance by soldering to all 4 "DAT" pins on the board, instead of just "DAT0". I am looking into getting a hardmod installed on my New3DS XL, and I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of performance increase you get from a 7-pin hardmod compared to a basic 4-pin one, so I can determine if it's worth it.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. Since I'm new to the forums, I can't PM any of the reputable hardmod installers to ask what they charge, so if you're a hardmod installer in the US, please PM me!

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading through the "noob-friendly" hardmod tutorial here, and I noticed that it mentions that you can get better performance by soldering to all 4 "DAT" pins on the board, instead of just "DAT0". I am looking into getting a hardmod installed on my New3DS XL, and I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of performance increase you get from a 7-pin hardmod compared to a basic 4-pin one, so I can determine if it's worth it.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. Since I'm new to the forums, I can't PM any of the reputable hardmod installers to ask what they charge, so if you're a hardmod installer in the US, please PM me!

That would be me, on another note, 7 pin saves 2 or 3 minutes. So its not really worth it.

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

ThreeShotYou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vb_encryption_vb can you please pm me so I can get my 3ds shipped to you can't seem to find a pm on this website thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.