Performance difference between 4-pin and 7-pin hardmod?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CaptainSwag101, Oct 21, 2016.

1. CaptainSwag101
    OP

CaptainSwag101 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    California
    I have been reading through the "noob-friendly" hardmod tutorial here, and I noticed that it mentions that you can get better performance by soldering to all 4 "DAT" pins on the board, instead of just "DAT0". I am looking into getting a hardmod installed on my New3DS XL, and I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of performance increase you get from a 7-pin hardmod compared to a basic 4-pin one, so I can determine if it's worth it.
    Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. Since I'm new to the forums, I can't PM any of the reputable hardmod installers to ask what they charge, so if you're a hardmod installer in the US, please PM me!

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    That would be me, on another note, 7 pin saves 2 or 3 minutes. So its not really worth it.

CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  3. CaptainSwag101
    OP

CaptainSwag101 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    California
    Awesome, thanks for the info! To be clear though, how long does a 4-pin usually take for dumping and writing to NAND?

4. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    7 minutes or so. Maybe less, maybe more.

CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  5. ThreeShotYou

ThreeShotYou Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    Vb_encryption_vb can you please pm me so I can get my 3ds shipped to you can't seem to find a pm on this website thank you