Hacking People who ordered DSTT from Deal Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
They don't make tracking numbers up - the post offices assign them. In my case I could not track on the HK website, nor in fact on the royal mail website, as the tracking method they used to me (registered) only allows for a signature and doesn't actually have tracking
smile.gif

It's useful for them in that they then have a signature to show delivery was achieved (in case people try the "it didn't turn up" trick) - but doesn't actually do what it says on the tin....

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I wouldn't think DE makes up the tracking #, That should be HKP. My point was, HKP then stinks too! Issuing a number 5 days before it then shows up in tracking AND posting and preparing it 5 day later is INCOMPETENCE; on the part of HKP. Just PART of the incompetence that you will have to endure, if you attempt business with DealExtreme.

B E W A R N E D ! Don't do as I did and chance it. You can get these things WEEKS quicker and with shipping added for about $10 more. EDIT: $6 or less difference in combo. With some respect too. It's Your call. (and possibly even as lower priced if you use coupon codes).

After reading the entire thread here's what I notice and think:

1. They're doing this to everyone.
mad.gif

2. It's not just a long wait.
wacko.gif

3. I feel that they would post positive here; in order to make themselves look better. I Can't prove that but I know they aren't posting the negative ones. This is my intuition.
lecture.gif

4. I'm having the same bad experiences as recored in this thread, so I do not doubt the bad ones.
dry.gif

5. Far be it for me to make excuses for them because you know how I feel but I hope that those who reported a backorder; AFTER a tracking number was given, are PERHAPS due to split up orders (to be fair). If this is the case, they are still miss managing the situation!
wtf.gif

6. Their system stinks! FUBAR. Bad. Childish. Immature. Inappropriate. Aggravating. Lost. Misleading.
wtf.gif

7. Even though I now have a tracking # and it shows with HKP (5 days later) I'm still not sure I will ever get it. That feeling alone is just not worth it. If I get an "out-of-stock" on the DE site NOW, after tracking my one lone DSTT item with HKP, there WILL be %$# to pay! I kid you not.
blink.gif

Please shop around. Let's find a better service AND price. How about that? One thing I did was buy my flash card separately as they are quickly dropping well below the DealExtreme price. I had to watch for days but I found a great deal shipped and with no rebate to file. Different companies offer steep discounts at different times. Keep a look out. Slickdeals does a fair job of presenting your options among all dealers; for the day.

P.S. ...almost forgot. They have literally and actually updated their "New Arrivals" so many stinkin' times since they took my order/money. While that's all well and good, perhaps they should spend a little effort on customer relations as well!

Say it with me now... Freakin' pocket monkeys!
biggrin.gif
(Excuse me, sorry, but I'm leaving it in.)
tongue.gif

nds.gif

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to calm down a bit... True I have been watching the tracking as anxiously as anyone, but you got to remember that you get what you pay for. If you think they are pocket monkeys then why did they still ship your product? Because it has the lowest price on the net (20$ cheaper than retail), of course the stock is going to run out fast. I'm sorry, you can call me a DX fanboy all you want, but I'm sick of seeing all these people just jumping on deals as soon as they see them without using any insight and then whining when stock is out. Sure, I'll agree that DX did a bad job of reporting the stock status, but for gods sakes there were shipment complaints all up and down the comments on both the products page and the forums, how could you not foresee that??

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you're kinda sending mix messages there friend. Are you not?

No offense there but the price difference is more like $6.03 (shipping included) and maybe less with coupon codes. My whole point is, I would have GLADLY paid $10 more and I'm a self admitted cheapskate! Week less waiting alone is worth it and the peace of mind is invaluable.

I'm calm and a little pissed.

I already admitted I made a mistake (for me). I didn't think it wouldn't be this bad. It is. I'm telling! So why would you disrespect my opinion on the matter? Could it be that you feel you made a mistake too, and if you completely agree, can't forgive yourself? They fooled us all man.

Not only is there much more negative feedback here (Now, than when I ordered) but I'm telling the next guy the dirty details. I want to create more of what I needed that might have kept me from taking the risk. Understand?

I mean, disagree with me all you want. Order from DealExtreme every day; if you please. I'd fight for your right, even to do so. But please, give us your own experience and let me give mine. How about you speak for you and let me speak for me. No hard feelings, OK?

We need to stick together.
grog.gif

P.S. I did not order with "EMS shipping" and slow is not the only problem.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ironically enough, while I was reading this, my DX order slips just came in the mail slot. I've never once had a problem with DX, I've ordered many items from them. One thing though, never order EMS shipping. Regardless of how you order from DX, the shipping time is roughly the same.

Also, I ordered two DSTT's from DX during the whole "OMG ITS A DEAL" rush during christmas and I received them no problems.

It all depends on how patient the person is. I 'know' DX has slow shipping, but for me, I don't care how long it takes as long as it gets here safely.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you're kinda sending mix messages there friend. Are you not?

I already admitted I made a mistake (for me). I didn't think it wouldn't be this bad. It is. I'm telling! So why would you disrespect my opinion on the matter? Could it be that you feel you made a mistake too, and if you completely agree, can't forgive yourself? They fooled us all man.

Not only is there much more negative feedback here but I'm telling the next guy the dirty details. I want to create more of what I needed to keep me from taking the risk. Understand?

I mean, disagree with me all you want. Order from DealExtreme every day; if you please. I'd fight for your right, even to do so. But please, give us your own experience and let me give mine. How about you speak for you and let me speak for me. No hard feelings, OK?

We need to stick together.

No, I didn't mean to offend you, but you are wrong in assuming I made a mistake in ordering from DX.

You see, a friend of mine in RL ordered an R4 (perhaps the only product from them that ships worse than the DSTT) so I knew well beforehand what the shipping would be like from DX. I looked on the comments page and the forum and found that people were already getting the "packaging -> processing" deal. However, I knew they only started selling a few weeks ago, so I could order and just wait a bit for the second batch to come. I figured I could mind the wait, and it would actually be beneficial as I am a senior in high school and still have college applications to finish. So I placed my order, forgot about it, finished my college apps on the 15th and waited anxiously for 4 days to get the shipped notice, and here I am happily awaiting the arrival of my DSTT because I went into the purchase with prior research and thus knew what I would be getting.

I hate to sound pretentious, but a lot of people buy flashcarts with the attitude that they have when ordering a memory card or a book online, which is absolutely wrong. A flashcart is an illegitimate product, you cannot expect to receive the same degree of professionalism as amazon or even ebay when buying a product such as this.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A flashcart is an illegitimate product, you cannot expect to receive the professionalism as amazon or even ebay when buying a product such as this.

Oh there's where I have a bone to pick with you partner. No offense intended.

I do not subscribe to the same definition of what is illegal as someone at Nintendo (for example) may propagandize.

First of all, homebrew for example is perfectly legal, at least in the free world. If a law were to be scribed that said different, I'd say your justice system then isn't worth horse poo. That promates chaos.

Second, it doesn't even matter. That has nothing to do with the services rendered. We are not buying cocaine in the sewer! Now I think in this regard, those who expect poor service for a so called "illegal" product may need to calm back a bit. That's not the case at all. But it's your right to think that. If you please.

See we can ponder what is actually on the law books and where and how defensible it is or is not. How insane it is, or is not. IT'S A TOY! We could go on about human rights and even corruption among some corporations (and IP) but the fact remains it is in question. What that means is you may not infringe on my rights to have a differing opinion about the legalities of flashcarts. Just as I may not on your opinions thereof.

My opinion is, what difference does it make if I order the "stress boob" on the site? We still deserves a little respect, timely communication, honesty about back ordering and tracking that does not take 5 days to work (among others).

BTW Amazon sells R4's.
wink.gif
ph34r.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
A flashcart is an illegitimate product, you cannot expect to receive the professionalism as amazon or even ebay when buying a product such as this.

I do not subscribe to the same definition of what is illegal as someone at Nintendo (for example) may propagandize.

First of all, homebrew for example is perfectly legal, at least in the free world. If a law were to be scribed that said different, I'd say your justice system then isn't worth horse poo. That promates chaos.

Second, it doesn't even matter. That has nothing to do with the services rendered. We are not buying cocaine in the sewer! Now I think in this regard, those who expect poor service for a so called "illegal" product may need to calm back a bit. That's not the case at all. But it's your right to think that. If you please.

See we can ponder what is actually on the law books and where and how defensible it is or is not. How insane it is, or is not. IT'S A TOY! We could go on about human rights and even corruption among some corporations (and IP) but the fact remains it is in question. What that means is you may not infringe on my rights to have a differing opinion about the legalities of flashcarts. Just as I may not on your opinions thereof.

My opinion is, what difference does it make if I order the "stress boob" on the site? We still deserves a little respect, timely communication, honesty about back ordering and tracking that does take 5 days to work (among others).

BTW Amazon sells R4's.

Actually on terms of "Homebrew", yes, programming for a DS IS legal. Except the method of USING the Homebrew is not. Any device that is meant to emulate/simulate(or allow a user to use the product in an unintentional way) [how] a patented product works is illegal if the patent holders do not allow such method. If you do not agree with Nintendo's "Propaganda" then you're breaching their terms of service. If you don't agree with their terms of service, you have the full right to return the product.

No, it's not a toy. It's a product. Therefore money was put into creating/licensing/patenting; It is perfectly able to be a reason to get sued in court for. You MAY have a different opinion about the legality of flashcarts, but that doesn't mean it is right. That's just like saying, murder isn't wrong; you may think that way, but the law prohibits murder, therefore you would be wrong.

EDIT: Also, I would like to add. Out of all the place in the world, your country has the harshest software/ip/patent laws. These flashcarts are considered to be highly illegal in the US. Where places like Canada, Europe, Australia are much more lenient. (Also big groups backing anti-piracy: RIAA, MPAA, ESA)

EDIT2: Also, I don't see why you even brought this up, it's not like Nintendo is going to go hunt down every flash cart user and sue them. They'd run out of money before they even reach the western hemisphere

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

My opinion is, what difference does it make if I order the "stress boob" on the site? We still deserves a little respect, timely communication, honesty about back ordering and tracking that does not take 5 days to work (among others).

BTW Amazon sells R4's.Â
wink.gif
Â
ph34r.gif

Lol I didn't mean to take it as far as human rights.... But piracy is still piracy. Obviously I don't condone it, as I am ordering it myself, but regardless of its purpose it is illegitimate. I assure you that once gamestop or whatever starts selling them (I say this hypothetically) I assure you that Nintendo will put a hit out. And again, regardless of whether its just a toy or not, the market is not as idealistically subjective as you are. DSTTs or any brand of flashcarts are not being manufactured in multiple chains of factories like other toys are, and why? Aside from monetary lacking, such activity would bring swift action from Nintendo and the RIAA. So thus there is a low production rate, and when there is high demand with a static price, there will be stock issues.

And don't give me that 'homebrew is legal' backing, if even 5% of flashcart owners only use their flashcarts for non-rom homebrew, I'll kick my own ass
rofl2.gif

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK first of all I didn't bring up the issue but I didn't feel like it should stand unanswered.

Now I will attempt to stay on thread here. Thus, my main point was that whole debate is actually completely unrelated to the quality of service that DealExtreme should give. Now I see your point, some people consider it shady and we do need to keep that in mind. Granted, I give you that. We agree there.

Then you (or who ever) opened this whole door about legality, laws, rights, murder and piracy.

So if you don't care what I think about that then move along right now....

I answered to laws, legality, suites and rights already. Read it.

As to murder, I am so sorry but flashcarts are not one of the Ten Commandments. (LOL) I am also aware that a DS and flashcarts are a product and lawyers of highly profitable companies love to throw their weight around. Yet, you missed my point about how ridiculous all this is, over a toy. Because it is a product AND it is a toy. Well, actually and technically it is a computer. One used as a toy and do you know what kind of computer. Is it a government computer? Is it a company computer? Is it Nintendo's computer? No! it is a personal computer. MY person. Anyone who thinks they can tell me how I run my computer can kiss my (you know)! (Kids could be reading).

So, lets say I did load up a Nintendo DS game from the net. Well, string my tale up for murder! LOL. Come on people, get real. Do you actually believe everything you are told?

So what do I believe about it. Well I don't claim this is perfect but the best I can tell is it would be immoral for me to buy or sell licensed ROMs (CD or not) without appropriate permission. That's COUNTERFEITING. I'll give you that and you be careful not to do that either in your trades. I never said there was no danger.

BUT! I don't care what anyone says, sharing is not evil, it is good and it is a inalienable right. the whole popular idea of IP (Intellectual property is amiss), You can't own what I think and I can't own what you think. The whole idea of a poor company and its poor struggling employees is ludicrous. Why are the employees struggling so in the first place when typically the management isn't? Do you really think using our judicial systems to capture ROMS sharers is the answer? Do you really thing the employees at the bottom benefit from that? You do understand it's the corrupt (not all are) corporate heads who mainly benefit from this travesty, don't you? Maybe you better ask your self why our law enforcement agencies are for sale?

So there you have it. We are supposed to get up and arms and send our DS's back to Nintendo in protest, in order to keep from their idea of being a criminal. I don't think so.

Then there's the "Well you don't buy then." and "No body is making you buy it." twist. Well, let me tell you the flip side of that; right now. It is not illegal for us, to not buy it (IP) and share either! Notice I didn't say buy or sell out of their chain.

What is a copy? The first thing companies do is put software(IP) on discs or cartridges. Why, because they want you to think of it as a product. But is it really? Are you sure about that? NO! Think deep now, If it's their copy on their media then taking their physical disc/cart would diminish their stock. We should all agree, taking a box of software that's not yours and sneaking it pass the cash register is stealing(Which is a Commandment BTW). Yet, internet sharing DOES NOT actually constitute diminishing them IN ANY WAY. You then didn't take ANYTHING of theirs. Therefore it is technically NOT stealing or piracy. Counterfeiting may be given the old colorful name of piracy but not good sharing. "Piracy" is inappropriately associated (by real propaganda) with sharing. Didn't your mother teach you to share and that sharing is good?

I know what your thinking. But what about their sales? Well friend, you are not listening closely. They can not (justly) cause us to buy their product. I paid for a DS (Two in fact BTW) and thus supported Nintendo. You do understand that they make so much money selling the lock-in cartridges that they can literally, surely and easily GIVE away the DS, don't you? Not that it's wrong to sell a DS, if they can do it. It's just our choice. It is not their right. Yet, this whole deal with the games is their pot of gold. They'll say ANYTHING to protect it. If they can buy out laws and confuse the issue, you know they will.

But you see, it's all a IP smoke screen. Now I ask you to put on your futurist cap for a moment. Because you not going to believe this reality that is already emerging and it is this; people create equal (and some better) quality content and it's free to you. Now you might say the games are not as good. Yet we're just getting started. What about Whee? What about free movies? Do you like Star Trek? Are you waiting on the new commercial movie? Why? Good content is available right now, just Google "New Voyages" (for one). The latest one I saw has about 15 major and actual, original stars in it.No joke. Free and legal music, no problem. Just look around. It's all happening now.

Nintendo is not going to lose ALL it's cartridge buying fans. People will still buy them. You see, it is their right as a convenience to pay for that SERVICE (made to resemble a product). If you think ROM sharers (not buying) will make the price rise, you got it backwards. There is zero ill effect, accept the one less Ferrari the CEO might have to forget. He hates that and he will lie, cheat and steal to retain his thrown. That's his game. World domination. Want to play? Just observe Bill gates and Microsoft. Sony. The RIAA, etc, etc.

So in conclusion, you brought up their favorite propaganda word, PIRACY! Now as we understand the word, an actual pirate would break onto a vessel that was not their property, and take the rights of passengers. Including their life, wealth, property and family. This in a (it's just business) fashion. Now I ask you. Who is the pirate in todays world? Those who share without harm (lack of their sales don't count, that's our choice of convenience, not theirs.) or those who would break down your door and cart your son off to jail and would take his last dime to protect their sales racket? Give me a break! Who is corrupt?

Do not combine what is in fact... wrong, with what you don't know and can not prove; might be right or wrong and call it all stealing or "piracy". Do not cite propaganda and opinion as fact; like they do. A mixed truth is not true. In regard to what is opinion, you have zero right to infringe upon mine. Ever. That my friends, is a valid defense. Else, would you say that if you picked up a quarter in front of a Bank, you are a bank robber? What if you picked up a tune someone was singing in front of the RIAA headquarters. Oh you hummin' IP pirate thief you! LOL

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are certain items on DX that have major delay problems. This definitely includes new, popular, good, and dirt cheap flashcarts, such as the DSTT (Like the R4, except this is even cheaper) You just have to accept that when making purchases there. Am i saying it is an acceptable business practice? No. But I still love DX nonetheless, the just need to work on these types of issues.

DealExtreme is the type of website you purchase from tho receive your items within a month. And with extremely cheap shipping, that is what you should expect. (BTW, they just calculated shipping costs into the product price for many items and called it "free." But still, it is cheap)

As for DSTTs, I heard the factory was delaying regular shipments unil the end of Chinese New Year. So they might get more in stock early February.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jeez, you guys. It seems this discussion is getting _a little_ out of control. While it may be funny to read, let's just all relax and get back to the topic at hand.

Picking up on my "OMG it's arrived" post from last night, here's (yet another) update: While the DSTT and EFA Linker arrived and work like a charm, the "18-in-1 Multi-Memory Card Protective Case Keychain" (of all products) is now out of stock and wasn't included with my shipment. This is getting ridiculous. I don't think it's a high-demand product, so I'm tempted to agree with neogba that DX is basically an on-demand no-inventory online shop. I don't blame them (too much...) considering their cheap prices, but as I've already written on DX's forums, it'd be really nice, if they implemented some sort of queue system for stuff like the DSTT (or the M3DSR for that matter) to tell you how many more folks are waiting for out-of-stock products. I wouldn't dare order aforementioned M3DSR from DX - though I'd like to - because I assume my order wouldn't be included in at least the next two batches shipped out.

Discuss! (But please do keep your calm..
wink.gif
)

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest HKP reports:

QUOTE said:
Outward Registered Letter

Destination - United States of America
The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 25-Jan-2008

I am so glad it is now out of DE's hands. I pray I never have to deal with them again. Now I never said that you couldn't. I'm suggesting that you shouldn't. Unless your into pain and not knowing. Oh how patient I planned to be when I ordered. I say again, it's not speed, Although, who wants slower delivery? It's all the other things (that I said already).

You guys should see the DE site and the posts at the product pages. I could paste some in but I won't. You gotta see it before DE takes it down. It's massively negative and DE's responses are criminal.

Let me ask you, what better way to effect a positive change, than for customers to get together and warn each other about all the trouble? To send DE an message about exactly what, we find acceptable and what we don't. Mostly, to vote with our wallet.

*Attention*
Now I have a bit of interesting news that you definitely want to know. There's a new flashcart and it is called "Edge". It is suppose to be better than the R4 or DSTT and others. It is supposed to have continuing support. We'll see. Have you heard of it yet? Do you know any more details?

Update: Link http://www.diytrade.com/directory/global/b...eplacement.html

Viettxboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lenience.
You've got to understand that there are massive ammounts of people yelling at them, for this issue.
At least it was sent.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I also see reports of DSTT's arriving broken, no matter the new replacement OS for them. Imagine what fun it would be to return the product? Now how long are we talking about and how important is communication and good service then?

Did any one get a bad one?

After considering all reports it also seem these problems are not just on high demand items!

I am indeed very happy that they actually shipped my item (I hope) because otherwise I have no 100% way to know that anyone is getting their product. But reasonably, I have to hope the reports I see of received and working ones are true.

Never again. Please be warned.

You guys (in the minority) really need to think about your recommending DE; without severe warnings. Still, it's your right. I'm just saying.

Please do report your getting a DSTT and it working. I'd really like to read that; at this juncture.

How's is the SDHC reader? Have you tried a 4GB MicroSDHC card with the reader? Is everything alright?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Please do report your getting a DSTT and it working. I'd really like to read that; at this juncture

i got two dstt's & both work perfectly 1 from DX & 1 from minionlinestore no connection problems & both make saves perfectly.

QUOTEHow's is the SDHC reader? Have you tried a 4GB MicroSDHC card with the reader? Is everything alright?

both readers on mine are a load of shite the minionline store one would corrupt my memory cards & shrink them by half so i would have to format to get the other half back (so i binned that one)

& the DX one wont read any cards at all i tested regular microsd & SDHC cards none would read with it

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Man! Did you try the XP special request "hotfix"?

I hunted the link for you but MS has the expiring password deal; because it has not gone through "regression" testing yet. Microsoft can not keep up!

I use Kubuntu myself. http://www.ubuntu.com Read then pick Kubuntu.

The package management system is so much nicer, among many other things.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, you guys. It seems this discussion is getting _a little_ out of control. While it may be funny to read, let's just all relax and get back to the topic at hand.

Picking up on my "OMG it's arrived" post from last night, here's (yet another) update: While the DSTT and EFA Linker arrived and work like a charm, the "18-in-1 Multi-Memory Card Protective Case Keychain" (of all products) is now out of stock and wasn't included with my shipment. This is getting ridiculous. I don't think it's a high-demand product, so I'm tempted to agree with neogba that DX is basically an on-demand no-inventory online shop. I don't blame them (too much...) considering their cheap prices, but as I've already written on DX's forums, it'd be really nice, if they implemented some sort of queue system for stuff like the DSTT (or the M3DSR for that matter) to tell you how many more folks are waiting for out-of-stock products. I wouldn't dare order aforementioned M3DSR from DX - though I'd like to - because I assume my order wouldn't be included in at least the next two batches shipped out.

Discuss! (But please do keep your calm..Â
wink.gif
)

Yea, you're right. neogba, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Anyways, my shipment also departed from Hong Kong post today!
biggrin.gif
Now I just have to order my 2gb Kingston.

My final words: I recommend DealExtreme.com as long as you only care about getting your product, not about service, CS, haste, etc.... Thats my opinion. If you are patient enough, and know to investigate a vendor before purchasing, I strongly recommend it as it is much cheaper than most other sites.

I'm so stoked for my DSTT!!!
yaynds.gif

Youch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I hope mine gets shipped soon it says it's packaging it might be a lie but I am so keeping my hopes up

Ordered Jan 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q