Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Presidente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered two from DX for delivery to UK.

First came within 2 weeks when they had stock (Nov 07). Second has taken 4 weeks while stock was out, but arrived today.

Both work and both cost me much less than a direct UK or US supply.

What is with all these gripes? Just because they showed stock when in fact they had run really low?

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being the fool that I am i have last night ordered a EDGE card from them as well....
wtf.gif

biggrin.gif
LOL. I can understand that. You want to risk it and test the new card and you know how bad it can get. At least you have seen my reports and know how they give false impressions, and you have backup carts.

How much did you save exactly? Are you sure about your comparative price? If I get an Edge card, I will wait for a similar price from someone else who values my patronage at bit. I am in the market for several things that DE will not profit from.

I would hate to think that DS demand is promoting shady companies with one sided deals, like DE's. I have simply learned, the best price isn't good, if the company is questionable. Do we really want this mess? Wouldn't it be nice if customers (with their wallets) had a low tolerance for this poor servicing? I understand, everyone has their own breaking point. If you kick me, I may take you down. I'll certainly not ask for more. To each their own.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is with all these gripes? Just because they showed stock when in fact they had run really low?

What's not to understand? We paid for "in-stock" and got back ordering.

Did you see where I reduced my desired order to just the DSTT and per their statements, but it made no difference?

Did you see all there excuses?

Did you see the lack of tracking accuracy? Do you understand that the Hong Kong Post, is lacking at best?

Do you understand that these carts/reader can have returnable flaws and DE complicates that process?

Why would any of that not be a concern for you?

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Totally Messed

I ordered an M3 DS Real and a DSTT with 1gb microSD and they sent me 2 DSTT with two 1gb MicroSDs.

I assume they ran out of M3 DS Reals so they sent another DSTT with another 1gb microSD to compesate for the missing M3 DS Real.

They did add in an extra gift two little key chain flash lites.

I'm pretty disappointed, not really mad or upset but its disappointing.

I can understand with the high demand and all but they should have asked me first before going ahead and sending me something I didn't order.

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding cost in the UK, in my brief experience and looking the savings are fairly sizable. TTDS from DX is about £13.00 on current exchange rates. You will not find a UK supplyer anywhere near that ,, waits for all the posts to prove me wrong,,

Gameyeeeah is slightly more expensive , but they charge a 'reasonable' size postage rate on top.

So.. why not go for an EDGE for £13.00 delivered .. i dont need anothet card at the moment .. I have passed on the other 3 at cost to work collegues..

What would i have to post about if i wasnt waiting on another DX shipment
wink.gif

Youch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nice to know some people are getting there DSTT but the story I'm having is that Firefox isn't loading DX.. anybody have thing same problem?

I hope this doesn't screwup my order

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I orderd one, and it came in about 3 weeks. I live in Alaska, so I feel that was pretty quick.

I did regular postage, and I got a tracking number that worked on both Hong Kong, and US postage sites. It told me when I was going to reach my home. Also DX game me a 2 refund on the item, (I have no idea why). I am very happy with DX.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cancelled mine... just wanted it cuz it is unique, didn't need it.. thinking about edge but same thing, they'll probably have distribution issues with that.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cancelled mine... just wanted it cuz it is unique, didn't need it.. thinking about edge but same thing, they'll probably have distribution issues with that.

Well its too late now. It debuted on DX a few days ago, from what I see, the service is flawless when it is actually in stock, but its been two days so it might be out already... Not to mention they are also closing up due to holidays.

As for the Edge being a CycloDS clone, I would still buy it if it that was really the case, as thats the best cart out now. In actuality, the hardware is shittier than the CycloDS, so I don't think it worth it...

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anybody received the two-dollar refund for the missing rumble pak yet?

I've just remember that DX had promised to grant a refund to those people, who had originally ordered a DSTT/rumble set, before the latter was out-of-stock. When I checked my paypal account, I realized that the money wasn't in yet.

I've opened (yet another) ticket with "Tiffany", since I'm still missing the memory protection case, too, which I want to cancel now. I actually plan to order from DX again, but not before I've received my refund and been told how to cancel the last partial shipment ("Cancel" button is greyed out for me..). For future dealings with DX, I've adopted some earlier poster's attitude to just order and then forget about it, until some almost-unexpected shipment arrives at my doorstep a couple of weeks later.

Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
My order's been shipped - ordered on 21/1
Too bad for who cancelled theirs
There is only a huge request, so some days for delay
Nothing to whine so lot about
Happy shopping somewhere else
GG

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:

Will HKP ever say anything else but left; for the US (or your country)?

Did anyone track their package once it hit the US? How long after tracking (first shows up in the US) do we get to see it? Do we have much of a chance to catch it? How are we supposed plan for arrival? This isn't exactly what I had I mind, for tracking! Feedback needed.

I expect it as early as tomorrow but who knows? I have zero indication at this minute (HKP and USPS). It might be a a week or more.

Pis, WHINE, moan.

Help! How does it go?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Questions:

Will HKP ever say anything else but left; for the US (or your country)?

Did anyone track their package once it hit the US? How long after tracking (first shows up in the US) do we get to see it? Do we have much of a chance to catch it? How are we supposed plan for arrival? This isn't exactly what I had I mind, for tracking! Feedback needed.

I expect it as early as tomorrow but who knows? I have zero indication at this minute (HKP and USPS). It might be a a week or more.

Pis, WHINE, moan.

Help! How does it go?

Basically, it goes:

Order, Wait till it says "Shipped", now we know it's in the air.

Wait about 10 days, or check the mailbox often.

Pick up at post office.

Done. You've successfully received something from China.

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cancelled my order with DX
refund took 1 week
second refund took 3-4ish days

ordered from EBuyRealm.com

Got mine in 2 weeks from them to here.. (Canada)

Not bad if you ask me.
micro sd card 2gig Sandisk + DSTT Card = 60ish bucks

im happy

Swanstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi All,
Ordered my DSTT with rumble and 2G SD card on the 15th of January and received it today.
Not too bad as it did say, out of stock when I ordered.
Also bought screen protectors which arrived in 4 days.

Cheers,
Swanstar.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,
Ordered my DSTT with rumble and 2G SD card on the 15th of January and received it today.
Not too bad as it did say, out of stock when I ordered.
Also bought screen protectors which arrived in 4 days.

Cheers,
Swanstar.

I really thank you for your report. Any information helps at this point.

How would you feel then, if you were me and ordered the DSTT (showing In-Stock) without Rumble (to speed it up) and after writing them beforehand, and then ordering (with no mention of low stock) on the 4th (by about an hour, else the 3rd) and then we still don't have any product, or even tracking details? Why did you get yours; out of order?

This also suggests my idea of getting something ironically quicker; when it says Out-Of-Stock, might (in a back asward way) work. This, because they have no stock anyway.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying tips:

Order your commodity MicroSD(HC) Flash drive on-line and separately from a lowest priced, local dealer (and trusted source). Try http://slickdeals.net/ search for "MicroSD". One can find a lower price deal every week. You might get a 2nd MicroSDHC reader in case you have trouble with the included one, if it's included.

Example:
QUOTE said:
A-DATA 4GB MicroSDHC Class 6 with SD Card Adapter
A-DATA Turbo microSDHC cards use the new speed class rating of Class 6 that guarantee a minimum data transfer rate of 6MB/sec. for optimum performance with devices that use microSDHC.

$39.99 - 25% Coupon HOT25P - $5 MIR = $24.99 + Free Shipping
Note: I hate non-instant rebates and got mine without, for $32. I've also seen 1GB Kensington for about $5 and 2GB for about $15!

If you also want GBA (Homebrew RAM, Opera Browser) then buy a Slot-2 GBA/RAM - Pak "2 in 1" (and perhaps a separate Rumble Pak too, if desired) with the DSTT (including MicroSDHC reader) and you may find a much better deal. This deal; with paid shipping (much faster) is currently only $6.03 more than DealExtreme N' Gamble. This way you'll have GBA requirements covered. This is a drag and drop GBA solution and it loads them quickly, One at a time. This package (DSTT,Reader,GBA/RAM,Rumble) is less than $45 plus about $6 shipping. Way better!

Didn't your mama ever tell you to shop around? Stop driving up the price (and funding poor service.) Still, your choice.

Viettxboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, mine shipped quite fast, it shipped from dx on the 8th, arrived in canada on the 16th...
i'm getting really impatient though....
it's been at customs ever since...
tmr marks the 2 week point at customs... they'll be getting a very angry phone call tmr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, and the 12 inches pianist?