People who like big cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
3 minutes of a walk or basically everything.
Rubbish, you're not 3 minutes walk from a mountain or the sea or nature or a forest. People in cities are weird, they don' know their neighbours, can't leave their doors open or let their kids roam freely. I hate cities and would never live in one again. I've lived in a couple. London (too many foreigners) and Osnabruck (which was far superior to London), but I've also lived in towns and villages and I can assure you that I'd live in a town or city any day of the week rather than a city, there's no competition at all. I'm 5 minutes from the sea 5 minutes from the hills, live next to a forest, I see wildlife every day such as deer and foxes etc. Kids can go out and play and roam the fileds/woods without needing to worry about weirdo's and junkies. if I want to visit a city I am about 20 minutes drive from 3 different ones - although I rarely go to them and when I do I am glad to get home again.
I'd rather live in the mountains of Bavaria than live in a city on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Beetlejuice90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rubbish, you're not 3 minutes walk from a mountain or the sea or nature or a forest. People in cities are weird, they don' know their neighbours, can't leave their doors open or let their kids roam freely. I hate cities and would never live in one again. I've lived in a couple. London (too many foreigners) and Osnabruck (which was far superior to London), but I've also lived in towns and villages and I can assure you that I'd live in a town or city any day of the week rather than a city, there's no competition at all. I'm 5 minutes from the sea 5 minutes from the hills, live next to a forest, I see wildlife every day such as deer and foxes etc. Kids can go out and play and roam the fileds/woods without needing to worry about weirdo's and junkies. if I want to visit a city I am about 20 minutes drive from 3 different ones - although I rarely go to them and when I do I am glad to get home again.
I'd rather live in the mountains of Bavaria than live in a city on earth.
I live close to a lake or park and we know all our neigbours. Who leaves his door open 24/7 anyway? You are weird for even mentioning it. If you hate cities and don't like living in one it is your problem and preference. Not every part of a city is full of foreigners (racist much?) or junkies. I constantly see squirrels, raccoons, birds, cats. What is the big deal? I don't even understand you. Your points are mostly ridiculous. You could have mentioned the noise in the city as a negative point and I would agree with you but everything else is rubbish.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
More options, more convenience, and the night life is better. Housing and everything else is stupid expensive everywhere right now, so might as well go for a job that's gonna provide regular raises and/or benefits. Until it affects you personally, crime isn't something worth being paranoid or stressing about, though of course you should take common sense precautions.

Kids can go out and play and roam the fileds/woods without needing to worry about weirdo's and junkies.
Until some meth head or Hills Have Eyes MFer snatches them up in broad daylight with no cameras around to help identify the perpetrator. False sense of security and a warped view of reality.

Reactions: Beetlejuice90

Beetlejuice90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
More options, more convenience, and the night life is better. Housing and everything else is stupid expensive everywhere right now, so might as well go for a job that's gonna provide regular raises and/or benefits. Until it affects you personally, crime isn't something worth being paranoid or stressing about, though of course you should take common sense precautions.

Until some meth head or Hills Have Eyes MFer snatches them up in broad daylight with no cameras around to help identify the perpetrator. False sense of security and a warped view of reality.
Wait until his kids reach the school age and he needs to find a school for them. By the time his kids are teenagers they will want to move away to a bigger city to find jobs or a partner. He is going to be an old man living on his own in a shack. With no one to take care of him. He is going to be more of a burden for his kids, who have moved away long time ago by then. Seen it too many times.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Wait until his kids reach the school age and he needs to find a school for them. By the time his kids are teenagers they will want to move away to a bigger city to find jobs or a partner. He is going to be an old man living on his own in a shack. With no one to take care of him. He is going to be more of a burden for his kids, who have moved away long time ago by then. Seen it too many times.
Hahaha, people have been living in villages and towns since history began and managed to survive and those towns and villages still exist - how come? By your logic they should be extinct. You've got a strange imagination, maybe you've inhaled to much city fumes and it's messed up your brain.

German Town 2023
KvrdNeY.jpg

US City 2023
bd22Lpk.jpg

Guess which one of these places I'd rather live it, I'll give you a clue - it's not the place with the junkies shitting in the street, the vast crime, the imported foreigners, the rats, the noise, the mess, the polution and the place where weirdos congergate.

Reactions: Megadriver94

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hahaha, people have been living in villages and towns since history began and managed to survive and those towns and villages still exist - how come? By your logic they should be extinct. You've got a strange imagination, maybe you've inhaled to much city fumes and it's messed up your brain.

German Town 2023
KvrdNeY.jpg

US City 2023
bd22Lpk.jpg

Guess which one of these places I'd rather live it, I'll give you a clue - it's not the place with the junkies shitting in the street, the vast crime, the imported foreigners, the rats, the noise, the mess, the polution and the place where weirdos congergate.
That's a German village at best, not a city. Also comparing Osnabrück, a 180k city, to London, an 8.8 million city, is a wee bit silly.

Though I'm not at all surprised to learn you prefer sundown towns over literally anything else.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That's a German village at best, not a city. Also comparing Osnabrück, a 180k city, to London, an 8.8 million city, is a wee bit silly.

Though I'm not at all surprised to learn you prefer sundown towns over literally anything else.
I didn't compare them, I said I'd lived in them both. Also Who said the german town was a city? You need to read and pay attention/understand what you are reading before commenting. Maybe English isn't your first language?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah dude would fit right in at any Florida retirement community, regardless of the population density. Clearly his highest priority is surrounding himself with people who are equally close-minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto