ShaDeFinale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.twitch.tv/peefsmash

I've been watching this stream for a while and it's really pretty cool to watch, if you are interested in seeing some melee I'd suggest tuning in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N97i-nvFdYo[/youtube]

"Currently transferring here from Ustream! Hello I'm PEEF, a competitive Super Smash Bros. MELEE player from the Midwest streaming friendlies and tournament matches. I also host the Melee State of the Game every other Thursday. I have the chat open constantly and the stream features alcohol, rage, singing, commentary, saltiness and generally acting a fool. Come hang out and talk sh*t. "

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
...Why would people play Melee over Brawl?
I used to like Melee more until I hacked my Brawl. Event and Adventure mode were amazing, and there were Mewtwo, Roy, Kid Link, and Dr. Mario, plus some of the levels not included in Brawl were pretty amazing and for the longest time I liked Melee more (that is, until I hacked my Brawl). But for what this guy's doing...I don't know.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because in a lot of ways it's superior and much more fast paced. After playing melee, brawl somehow seems slow.

Ha: SDF beat me to it.
happy.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShaDeFinale said:
Objectively speaking, melee is faster paced, and where are you going to watch brawl on a regular basis?

The bigger question is why even watch people play Melee/Brawl?

It's not so much a fighting game as much as it is party game.

Also, Brawl is pretty much exactly the same as Melee except it has more characters, more stages, more music, better single player, a stage creator, and better graphics.

I just get really sick of people saying "Melee > Brawl!" while Brawl is clearly better. It's not like Street Fighter II to Street Fighter IV.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
ShaDeFinale said:
Objectively speaking, melee is faster paced, and where are you going to watch brawl on a regular basis?

Also, Brawl is pretty much exactly the same as Melee except it has more characters, more stages, more music, better single player, a stage creator, and better graphics.

I just get really sick of people saying "Melee > Brawl!" while Brawl is clearly better. It's not like Street Fighter II to Street Fighter IV.
The Single Player is way better in Melee, IMO.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:

I lol'd.

It was either playing the single player from the original SSB or playing a boring adventure mode with some basic levels and random fights spliced in. At least Brawl had a proper story mode that felt like a hack and slash platformer with actual boss fights and stuff. Only bad part was that awful maze segment, rest of it was rather solid.

ShaDeFinale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
ShaDeFinale said:

I'm not saying anything about whether one is better than another. I'm not trying to upset anyone, but I was just posting this here for anyone who does play smash bros competitively or even enjoys watching smash bros.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

I lol'd.

It was either playing the single player from the original SSB or playing a boring adventure mode with some basic levels and random fights spliced in. At least Brawl had a proper story mode that felt like a hack and slash platformer with actual boss fights and stuff. Only bad part was that awful maze segment, rest of it was rather solid.
I don't think the story and cinematics made up for the gameplay. I loved those, but I loved everything about Adventure mode.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShaDeFinale said:
I'm not saying anything about whether one is better than another. I'm not trying to upset anyone, but I was just posting this here for anyone who does play smash bros competitively or even enjoys watching smash bros.

Ugh, very well, I'll let your thread go in peace. I just have a major grudge with this whole "Melee > Brawl!" crowd. That's for another time though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
ShaDeFinale said:

Ugh, very well, I'll let your thread go in peace. I just have a major grudge with this whole "Melee > Brawl!" crowd. That's for another time though.
Just make a thread about it, it needs to be made.

Though personally, I like them equally for different reasons.

OT: I really don't want to watch a video of someone who uses the phrase "salty" -_-

ShaDeFinale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ShaDeFinale said:

Though personally, I like Melee more, but Brawl is better.

OT: I really don't want to watch a video of someone who uses the phrase "salty" -_-

"Salty" is a term that is used a lot in the smash community, along with phrases such as "No Johns" and "Legit"

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShaDeFinale said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ShaDeFinale said:

Though personally, I like Melee more, but Brawl is better.

"Salty" is a term that is used a lot in the smash community, along with phrases such as "No Johns" and "Legit"
"Salty" is yet another term popularized by the youth of today to the point of "bro-term"-ship. In other words, it`'s an annoying teen phrase.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
ShaDeFinale said:

Hey guys, Guild here pretending I know what i'm talking about again.

It's alright man, just go talk to the corner.

While I also think Melee > Brawl hate is stupid, since they're both fantastic games in the own right (unless you're a mario/falco/dr mario/roy player), you don't have any grasp AT ALL on how capable SSB is for being a competitive game. Even moreso then Shoryuken fighter 4. While Brawl and Melee can tier the characters off, most of them (aside from joke characters like Jiggly and pichu) can be played competitively if used right. Compared to 1 button spam fighter 4, and a typical tournament will be dominated by people using the top 5 tier characters, because they're so blatantly unbalanced it throws any kind variety off.

If you're going to bring down SSB, please don't try to put Crap Fighter on a pedestal...because it is a TERRIBLE game balance wise.

SSB is a fantastic party game, but that doesn't mean shit for it "not being competitive".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY