PS1/2 Pcsx2 - recommended settings for better speed?

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a toshiba satellite L775-14n
It has 8gb Ram
Processor: AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.60 GHz

I figure it's up to spec to run the ps2 Emulator Pcsx2. However I am having trouble locking it down at a good framerate. It slows down easily and I have tried lowering the resolution and allowing framelimiting.
So far I have only tried Kingdom Hearts 2. After shutting down unnecessary background software and such, the only noticeable slowdown was in combat.

I am running it with Pal Bios and a PAL copy of KH2 since that's the copy of the game I own and was able to rip the ISO file from. I know NTSC games run at 60 frames while PAL run at a capped 50 frames. I might try a NTSC game later.

Any advice for settings to get better speed? Or are my PC specs just not cutting it? I have yet to try other games.

Thanks! (I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Your specs aren't necessarily the best. Also, there aren't really any all around recommended settings, it depends on the game your playing.

PCSX2 isn't optimized for APU's, basically because of their integrated GPU and CPU they aren't as powerful (in most cases).

Reactions: 1 person

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your input. After you said it depends on the game, I tried google "PCSX2 optimal settings for Kingdom hearts 2". It brought me to the official forum for the emulator, with people sharing their settings and agreeing on the best one.

After applying it, the game runs at a very playable framerate. I have yet to get to any big battles with much going on though. Realtime Cut-scenes look near perfect though! Thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1