Hacking PC Wad installer

  • Thread starter Thread starter schamber
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,550
  • Replies Replies 14

schamber

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
56
Country
Dont know if there is one available but is the a program that you could use to install you wads onto a SD card using the PC as supposed to onto the Wii then copy across to SD card.
 
This is just theory, but I would assume that the homebrew made for the wii so far, couldn't it be engineered to install the files onto a SD card, and having the wii's key to help install it? o-o

This wasn't aimed at the original poster.
 
I don't think such a thing like this exists. But cIOS rev 14 should have something like that when it comes out, since it has NAND emulation.

I mean it's not the exact same thing, but I think it's better.
 
I think anything is better than what we have to do now. It takes forever to install then copy across. I have 107 WiiWares and I just dont have the time to put them all on SD.
 
Just looking around and found the source code for Wad Manager 1.4 and got to thinking. Surely all (Loosely used) you have to do is edit it so instead of installing to the Wii internal memory it installs to the SD card.
 
I opened up the wad.c and wad.h file and I'm having issues figuring out how it decides where to install it. o_O I'm brand new to this. xD

Well, is there anyway to track down exactly how the Wii Shop Channel installs things straight to SD card?
 
I to had the same problem in understanding where it installs to. I think the best option would be to speak to waninkoko and ask him hoe easy it would be to alter.
 
I'll pop open more source. This is a project I was planning on following. =]
 
Ah...guys...you can't just pop the contents of the WAD onto SD and boot them. It isn't as simple as that. If it was, everyone who wanted to pirate Wiiware would be doing this already.
 
You can pop the contents of a wad onto the sd card and run it. You use wad manager to install channel then move it to SD using system menu 4.0.

After a quick sleep I thought of another possible solution be it a little long winded. You could intergrate the code from Wad manager with the code that copies channels from Wii memory to SD.
 
NO ! wads installed on the nand have a few files, on the sd card that is packed into 1 file YOU CAN NOT EDIT WAD MANAGER for gods sake
 
One do exist
tongue.gif


http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151174
 
I've been waiting for a solution for a while now, it takes far too long to install with WAD Manager then copy to SD using 4.0.
I'd rather just be able to batch install tickets using FTPii or something of the sort and having .bin files created from .wad's on the PC.
 
Yeah, the tickets and other items would have to be installed to the NAND to show that, that channel belongs to the Wii, then the title 001 0013, etc, would be installed, then could be moved over to the SD card in the process of like a simple transfer. So, basically, we would be adding another step? We would need to figure out the process of it moving over. =| Where would we get started with that?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted