PC Wad installer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by schamber, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

PC Wad installer by schamber at 1:37 AM (2,164 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    Dont know if there is one available but is the a program that you could use to install you wads onto a SD card using the PC as supposed to onto the Wii then copy across to SD card.

2. This is just theory, but I would assume that the homebrew made for the wii so far, couldn't it be engineered to install the files onto a SD card, and having the wii's key to help install it? o-o

This wasn't aimed at the original poster.

3. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't think such a thing like this exists. But cIOS rev 14 should have something like that when it comes out, since it has NAND emulation.

I mean it's not the exact same thing, but I think it's better.

4. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    I think anything is better than what we have to do now. It takes forever to install then copy across. I have 107 WiiWares and I just dont have the time to put them all on SD.

5. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    if you have a fast sdhc card like i do , its not that bad....my kingston card is slow though

6. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    Just looking around and found the source code for Wad Manager 1.4 and got to thinking. Surely all (Loosely used) you have to do is edit it so instead of installing to the Wii internal memory it installs to the SD card.

7. I opened up the wad.c and wad.h file and I'm having issues figuring out how it decides where to install it. :wtf: I'm brand new to this. xD

Well, is there anyway to track down exactly how the Wii Shop Channel installs things straight to SD card?

8. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    I to had the same problem in understanding where it installs to. I think the best option would be to speak to waninkoko and ask him hoe easy it would be to alter.

9. I'll pop open more source. This is a project I was planning on following. =]

10. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ah...guys...you can't just pop the contents of the WAD onto SD and boot them. It isn't as simple as that. If it was, everyone who wanted to pirate Wiiware would be doing this already.

11. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    You can pop the contents of a wad onto the sd card and run it. You use wad manager to install channel then move it to SD using system menu 4.0.

After a quick sleep I thought of another possible solution be it a little long winded. You could intergrate the code from Wad manager with the code that copies channels from Wii memory to SD.

12. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    NO ! wads installed on the nand have a few files, on the sd card that is packed into 1 file YOU CAN NOT EDIT WAD MANAGER for gods sake

13. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
  14. kornychaos

Member kornychaos Organized.

United States
    I've been waiting for a solution for a while now, it takes far too long to install with WAD Manager then copy to SD using 4.0.
    I'd rather just be able to batch install tickets using FTPii or something of the sort and having .bin files created from .wad's on the PC.

15. Yeah, the tickets and other items would have to be installed to the NAND to show that, that channel belongs to the Wii, then the title 001 0013, etc, would be installed, then could be moved over to the SD card in the process of like a simple transfer. So, basically, we would be adding another step? We would need to figure out the process of it moving over. =| Where would we get started with that?