Results are only viewable after voting.

bicnoodle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC! random playstation maintenance periods suck anyways :P

i use to own a ps4 but after building my rig i do not regret it at all. graphics are 2sexy4me

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now i have 2 choices:

Get a ps4

Upgrade my pc so it can run overwatch

Now, the reasons why i want the ps4 are that (in my opinion) the games just look better.

The reason why I want to upgrade my pc is because:

a)NO ONLINE PLAY FEES!!
b)it's easy to pirate :)
c) it will help with stuff other than videogames.

I'm kind of tempted to get my PC upgraded, but what do y'all recommend?
PC + Wii U/Switch = ALL GAEMZ AVAILABLE TO YOU!

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pc all the way. Far better graphics, free online, and besides, by the end of the year you'll be able to stream PS4 games to your PC via PS now. Second choice would be switch if your into all their franchises.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say PS4, but you should go with PC if you plan to play Overwatch. I just can't aim with an analog. Sony would make a lot of money if they had mouse support.

Also, before anybody asks, I will take PS4 over a gaming PC anytime for the following reasons:

- cheaters. Thankfully Sony and Microsoft aren't Nintendo
- pirates. You won't believe this, but companies actually dislike when people pirate their stuff. With some exceptions, the majority of them choose consoles because they know it's difficult to pirate on. When they just HAVE to release anything on PC, they hire a bunch of freelancers to make a shitty port that translates to ridiculous specs unless you have a machine that costs several times more than a PS4.
- community. The console community is bad because is big, but the PC gaming community is awful. Want proof? Here's one: /r/pcmasterrace started as a joke until it was quickly taken seriously by entitled pc gamers and now it's a real thing. You can't make this up.
- garbage games. Two words: Steam greenlight

I have a laptop I use for many things. I also use it for gaming, mainly Overwatch and Treasure Island. Unfortunately consoles don't seem interested in supporting a mouse for FPS and Treasure Island, well... I doubt Sony was around when they made it.

Waiting for the PC elitist to call me an idiot with no evidence to back their claims, as it already happened in this thread.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC for work and play if you have the money to invest in a nice PC you can't buy better.

PS4 only makes sense if you have a lot of money and can afford to own both.

Consoles are a luxury item, they do not do any sort of work. Even a cheap low end PC can do school work and resumes and get you more money. Good luck doing those things on a console.

I used to buy consoles, but with everything going multi plat (one of those plats being PC) it was kinda redundant to own both. So I just rolled the extra money I would have spent on consoles into my PC.

D

Deleted User

I would say PS4, but you should go with PC if you plan to play Overwatch. I just can't aim with an analog. Sony would make a lot of money if they had mouse support.

Also, before anybody asks, I will take PS4 over a gaming PC anytime for the following reasons:

- pirates. You won't believe this, but companies actually dislike when people pirate their stuff. With some exceptions, the majority of them choose consoles because they know it's difficult to pirate on. When they just HAVE to release anything on PC, they hire a bunch of freelancers to make a shitty port that translates to ridiculous specs unless you have a machine that costs several times more than a PS4.
- community. The console community is bad because is big, but the PC gaming community is awful. Want proof? Here's one: /r/pcmasterrace started as a joke until it was quickly taken seriously by entitled pc gamers and now it's a real thing. You can't make this up.

I have a laptop I use for many things. I also use it for gaming, mainly Overwatch and Treasure Island. Unfortunately consoles don't seem interested in supporting a mouse for FPS and Treasure Island, well... I doubt Sony was around when they made it.

Waiting for the PC elitist to call me an idiot with no evidence to back their claims, as it already happened in this thread.
I'm pretty shure there is a difference between pc gamers and pc elitist's since pc does bring new things to the table such as mods,but I'll agree that pc gaming wasn't a big deal until people jumped on the bandwagon somewhere in late 2011.

Reactions: Vipera

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Objection! Fanboy detected! Initializing extermination procedures.

UGH. I have consoles, but a PC aswell. PC supports PS4 controllers, if that's you problem, also, cheaters exist everywhere (cough cough COD). Besides, you wouldn't care about pirates, since you aren't a company, don't know if you have noticed that. Pirates are limited to local multiplayer / singleplayer most of the times. Community? I'm sorry, but I think cancerous 12 year old kids that play COD are much worse than PC gamers. Yeah, sure. PC elitists and stuff. They suck, but afterall, everyone gets to choose who likes what, don't they? If someone is trying to mock you for liking something, ignore them. Garbage games, don't even know why you mentioned that. You do know you get to choose what you pay for? Most of the games out on consoles are out on PC aswell.

There I go, a non PC elitist proving you wrong. Want proof for that too? Read my post again.

EDIT: Yes, I did notice you stated you have a PC aswell, for that I can't say you're a complete fanboy, but you did go pretty harsh on us, don't you think? (AND Nintendo. I don't think you can say anything about them without actually owning a console made by them, since the experience is quite awesome.)

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Depends.

If you like PS4's exclusives then PS4 obviously. Otherwise, go with PC.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal feelings on the matter are PS4, simply because I already own a PS4 and I don't have to pay the silly hurtle of starting a PC build. However, if you are looking to upgrade an existing PC, then you might be able to do that simpler.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Objection! Fanboy detected! Initializing extermination procedures.

I'm sorry for having missed this pearl of trashy post. Let me get started.
UGH. I have consoles, but a PC aswell. PC supports PS4 controllers, if that's you problem
...what does that have to do with anything?
, also, cheaters exist everywhere (cough cough COD)
The PS4 hasn't been hacked. No hacks, no cheats.
Besides, you wouldn't care about pirates, since you aren't a company, don't know if you have noticed that.
I do care about people being entitled in playing games for free when they also pretend companies to port all their hard work on PC where it just awaits to be cracked. Random example: Batman Arkham Knight's PC port. Why bother when your userbase just wants to play for free? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Pirates are limited to local multiplayer / singleplayer most of the times.
wat
Community? I'm sorry, but I think cancerous 12 year old kids that play COD are much worse than PC gamers.
Again with the COD stereotype, ignoring all the cancer in MOBA games for PC. We don't even have to change genre, just look at the CS:GO community and the complete disinterest of a company to make a decent anti-cheat system that fans of the game had to fund their own paid anti-cheat service.
Yeah, sure. PC elitists and stuff. They suck, but afterall, everyone gets to choose who likes what, don't they? If someone is trying to mock you for liking something, ignore them.
There isn't a greater community that one where the majority of PC elitist focus on specs rather than games themselves, sure. Where the discussion isn't about the game but how many fps you can squeeze out of two titan X in 4K. Such deep discussions about the core of games indeed.
Garbage games, don't even know why you mentioned that. You do know you get to choose what you pay for? Most of the games out on consoles are out on PC aswell.
Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have some standard, while PC has none at all. I'd rather play a shitty PS4 game than any of the "<insert unfunny meme> SIMULATOR XDXDXDXXD give me money pls" that Steam has welcomed in their stores multiple times, for no reason other than riding the fad.
There I go, a non PC elitist proving you wrong. Want proof for that too? Read my post again.
Make sure to take out the trash.
EDIT: Yes, I did notice you stated you have a PC aswell, for that I can't say you're a complete fanboy, but you did go pretty harsh on us, don't you think?
It's harsh to boycott companies just because they won't port their games on PC. It's harsh to bully some indie devs into saying that piracy is ok. It's harsh to judge people who want to play on console because of reasons and all of you treat them like retarded people. As for my post, I just stated the facts.
(AND Nintendo. I don't think you can say anything about them without actually owning a console made by them, since the experience is quite awesome.)
Too bad I owned a DS, a 3DS and a Wii. Any online DS game was full of cheaters. Metroid Hunters, my favorite FPS game for the portable system, was made useless by people who thought it'd be funny to have one-hit death cheats. Nintendo never cared. Sony and Microsoft do, because they get a lot of money for their online service.

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even gonna quote your whole post, because it makes my shitty pc lag.
Also, how interesting. I have played online on all of the Nintendo consoles you mentioned, yet NO cheaters turned up.
It's harsh to bully some indie devs into saying that piracy is ok
Do you even mental bro? "Bully some indie devs into saying that piracy is ok?" ARE YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED OR WHAT?! I literally said that pirates (the shitty scums they are), are limited to singleplayer and local multiplayer. This means, that unless your 5 year old brother downloaded some pirated game and played online with you, NO ONE WILL TURN UP AS A PIRATE. Anyways. why do you care about pirates, you are supposed to enjoy your games, but instead you thought for like 3 days straight just to reply to my post with some shitty counterarguments.

I'd rather play a shitty PS4 game than any of the "<insert unfunny meme> SIMULATOR XDXDXDXXD give me money pls" that Steam has welcomed in their stores multiple times, for no reason other than riding the fad.
I'm thinking you didn't even read my post. YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHAT TO PLAY! That applies to every console, mobile phone or iShit ever. You should always look up what you buy, before you do it.

There isn't a greater community that one where the majority of PC elitist focus on specs rather than games themselves, sure. Where the discussion isn't about the game but how many fps you can squeeze out of two titan X in 4K. Such deep discussions about the core of games indeed.
*i wonder why i never met one, HMMM*

The PS4 hasn't been hacked. No hacks, no cheats.
>http://www.ps4hax.net/

Again with the COD stereotype, ignoring all the cancer in MOBA games for PC. We don't even have to change genre, just look at the CS:GO community and the complete disinterest of a company to make a decent anti-cheat system that fans of the game had to fund their own paid anti-cheat service.
DID YOU JUST CALL ME A CS:GO PLAYER?! That's the biggest insult I've ever choked on.

If you didn't get what I meant, you shouldn't even be on GBATemp.

I do care about people being entitled in playing games for free when they also pretend companies to port all their hard work on PC where it just awaits to be cracked. Random example: Batman Arkham Knight's PC port. Why bother when your userbase just wants to play for free? I sure as hell wouldn't.
IS IT A PLANE?? IS IT A BIRD??? No, for f##ks sake. It's legit users buying your games.

...what does that have to do with anything?
Your PS4-praising syndrome, and me trying to enlighten your fanatic brain to stop replying to me and start enjoying some games. (on whatever game system you like, of course)

I'm sorry for having missed this pearl of trashy post. Let me get started.
Sorry, that just slipped out. I'm starting to get into PW:AA since I can't find any other game I would enjoy and one that my pc can even run.

Make sure to take out the trash.
Yes, Sir, yes!

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you even mental bro? "Bully some indie devs into saying that piracy is ok?" ARE YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED OR WHAT?!
There you have it, folks. Another PC elitist runs out of arguments and proceeds to insult people and the mentally handicapped people he's trying to compare myself to. You should be ashamed of yourself dude. I'm not even going to reply to any of your bullshit until you apologize to everyone.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Personal computers (both desktops and laptops) are much more versatile with what you can do with them than any PlayStation could ever hope to be.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you were to build a new PC on a $250 I'd say PS4 but if the choice is to upgrade then maybe PC depending on which games you have in mind besides overwatch.

Switch if Splatoon does it for you.

D

Deleted User

PC MASTER RACE, PC MASTER RACE - YEAH!

Well, the advantages are obvious.
  • Free online that outmatches paid console online
  • More of a community than PS4/XB1
  • Cheaper games
  • Better quality ports than consoles for multiplats
  • Technically cheaper since you can upgrade rather than having to buy a new console every 6 years for outdated hardware

Reactions: Lucifer666

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So much misinformation in this thread

A gaming PC is definitely miles better than a PS4 in terms of the look & feel of games, you do have to fork out quite a bit initially but keep in mind that PC games can be snagged at much better prices usually due to things like Steam key trading (not everyone's favourite habit I know), Humble Bundle, etc.

I'm saying this as a PS4 owner. I don't have a gaming PC because I live in the tiniest flat on Earth with no space or money to even think of building one. I pay around 15 quid every 3 months for PSN and it's decent, I get to play all the big titles and quite well but I know the 'fullest' experience is a maxed out PC.

EDIT: Piracy is a terrible reason to pick either. PC games are cheap and your PS4 library WILL build up like crazy over time, especially if subbed to PSN+.

Last edited by Lucifer666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@