elmoreas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Below is the report I have, these intruder attempts started and now my pc is acting all messed up but the AV scan (complete is clear and up to date and is Norton), could someone please help me and tell me what to do about it and how to make it stop. BTW these all started while I was on GBAtemp with no other windows open and other than paypal I havent and yahoo news I havent been on any other sites. No emails opened yet either and I am first one up so no one else has been on the PC. Help please.

Risk Name: HTTPS Tidserv Request 2

Severity: OOX High

Attacking Computer: 01n02n4cx00.com (91.212.226.5, 443)

Destination Address: My PC (xxx.xxx.x.xxx, xxxxx)
wink.gif

Source Address: 91.212.226.5

Traffic Description: TCP, https

Attacking Computer: 194.28.113.22, 443

wink.gif

Source Address: 194.28.113.22, 443

Traffic Description: TCP, https

Attacking Computer: cljkpixelabn.com/QvS4FEJX5Q6MJ5O8dmVyPTMuOTYmYn 212.117.177.13

wink.gif

Source Address: 212.117.177.13

Traffic Description: TCP, www-https

It says that: An intrusion attempt by (the above) was blocked. Application path \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Norton sucks, Most free scanners are better than Norton anyway try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials and running a scan with that but by the looks of what you wrote, it should be fixed, "An intrusion attempt by (the above) was blocked. Application path \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE" An attack was blocked but still get MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) It's free, make sure you update the definition/database file first then run a full system scan. You should also try looking here http://gbatemp.net/t208774-spyware-adware-...r-removal-guide

Maybe run the scan in Safe Mode. Hope it helps bit tired atm to write more instructions (technical instructions) If none of the stuff listed works (that includes the gbatemp removal guide then I will guide you through some detailed explanations.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Norton isn't actually such a bad AV anymore... but I feel they still deserve all the hate directed towards them. It's heavy, succeptible to false positives, rather difficult to uninstall, and they picked yellow for their UI (at least Kaspersky is a nice forest green), but they do catch most viruses these days. Once I even used it on someone's infested computer just because it was so heavy that it did a great job of cleaning it out... then it took half an hour to figure out how to fully uninstall it in favour of MSE for their very basic protection.

Just don't get AVG. I've never come across an AV program more liable to getting crippled, hijacked, disabled, converted or generally destroyed by viruses over the years.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
With AVG, I've had both free and paid versions on my dad's computer and it just didn't help at all. With Norton, I believe there's no difference whether you're using the 30/60 day trial or the full package - it will still deal with viruses it encounters.

elmoreas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I found is Norton was fine, my neighbor was trying to hijack my wireless signal and is an idiot/jerk. Also I upgraded to Win7, Office 2010, and bought a ex-us govn't hardware firewall with non comerical av/fw software on it. I got it at a govn't auction site, it is a 2009 hardwall with 4096 encryption and runs an av and soft fw that are made by a company called daebenware which apparently only supplies products to govn't institutions but it was a legit buy from the US govn't itself with 874 days left on updates so I am not complaining. It also acts as an 802.11b/g/n router, it has the ability to choose 1 of 3 bandwiths to broadcast on I am using 5ghz and it even offers the ability to broadcast in more than one encryption type at once so my DSi XL and Wii and PS3 and Laptop can all connect to the same network at max encryption and speed. Of course I paid $300 for it and 2 USB dongles but c'est la vie. It works great. The sticker on the side is gone but you can clearly tell it came from the IRS so not to happy about supporting them more than I already do but its a good investment.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elmoreas said:
What I found is Norton was fine, my neighbor was trying to hijack my wireless signal and is an idiot/jerk. Also I upgraded to Win7, Office 2010, and bought a ex-us govn't hardware firewall with non comerical av/fw software on it. I got it at a govn't auction site, it is a 2009 hardwall with 4096 encryption and runs an av and soft fw that are made by a company called daebenware which apparently only supplies products to govn't institutions but it was a legit buy from the US govn't itself with 874 days left on updates so I am not complaining. It also acts as an 802.11b/g/n router, it has the ability to choose 1 of 3 bandwiths to broadcast on I am using 5ghz and it even offers the ability to broadcast in more than one encryption type at once so my DSi XL and Wii and PS3 and Laptop can all connect to the same network at max encryption and speed. Of course I paid $300 for it and 2 USB dongles but c'est la vie. It works great. The sticker on the side is gone but you can clearly tell it came from the IRS so not to happy about supporting them more than I already do but its a good investment.

So your neighbour was just trying to hack your wifi?
mellow.gif

It shouldn't show up to you though..

elmoreas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No he came into my house and got my router info off my pc and was trying to hack in but didn't know the pw as I change it every 2 days.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
elmoreas said:
No he came into my house and got my router info off my pc and was trying to hack in but didn't know the pw as I change it every 2 days.
Wtf how did he get into your house?

Anyways, I agree in saying Norton is definitely not the best choice for an AV.
Kasperysky + Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware + weekly scans = good to go.

But that's just my setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"