Hacking Pc cannot red sd card

Javanya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
Hello everyone, recently I hacked my switch using this video: . everything is fine but now i want to move from 64 to 256 sd card. Many people say that I should just copy contents of the card but wheh I put my 64gb sd card in computer, windows cannot open its files and says I need to format it. If you look in the video author also had such notification from Windows near the end of the video but it didn't matter so he didn't tell anything about it. What can I do?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
never follow videos they are at most click bait and always are outdated.

I am pretty sure what your PC have windows and windows is telling you what the Emunand raw partition is not formatted which is normal, if you let windows to format that partition your emunand will be lost.

Migrating between cards can be that simple as copy files from one to other if you don't have a emunand or your emunand is file based.

if your emunand is a raw partition, you need to backup the source partition and restore to the new card, you can use EmuTool https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/ for that job.

Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://switch.hacked.us/extras/transfer_sd/
Here's a guide I use. As for accessing the files on your sd, when you plug in your sd. Your gonna get that pop up saying it can't read that partition. Just ignore it and you'll be able to navigate to your sd.

I'll highly recommend using hekate's ums feature, doesn't require taking your sd out of the switch and you just connect your switch to your pc. This will also save wear an tear on the cheaply made/design sd reader.

Reactions: impeeza

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Outdated and not recommended, impeezas links fit better.
As for accessing the files on your sd, when you plug in your sd. Your gonna get that pop up saying it can't read that partition.
Uhm no, you usually don't, there might be something wrong with yours.
I'll highly recommend using hekate's ums feature, doesn't require taking your sd out of the switch and you just connect your switch to your pc. This will also save wear an tear on the cheaply made/design sd reader.
An even better recommendation would be DBI's or Tinfoil's MTP utility with which you can access the SD (amongst being able to do other things aswell) while being booted, without having to reboot to hekate.

Javanya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
Outdated and not recommended, impeezas links fit better.

An even better recommendation would be DBI's or Tinfoil's MTP utility with which you can access the SD (amongst being able to do other things aswell) while being booted, without having to reboot to hekate.
where can I find that utility?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, recently I hacked my switch using this video: . everything is fine but now i want to move from 64 to 256 sd card. Many people say that I should just copy contents of the card but wheh I put my 64gb sd card in computer, windows cannot open its files and says I need to format it. If you look in the video author also had such notification from Windows near the end of the video but it didn't matter so he didn't tell anything about it. What can I do?

Did you set up partition base emunand?

Reactions: impeeza

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason that pop up appears is because of the order of partitions on the sd. Took me awhile to figure this out. This is some old info so i may not remember things exactly but I wanna say back around ofw 8.x, hekate would put the emunand partition before or after the fat32 partition causing windows to freak out and the error pops up.

Yes the guide is a lil outdated but the method still works. Also for whatever reason I couldn't get emutool to work last time I upgraded sd's. Probably because my computer was shitty, but it's still a viable method.

I only recommended hekate's ums without mentioning tinfoil or dbi because I was under the impression they couldn't boot into cfw, I got this thread mixed up with a different thread I was reading earlier so my bad on that. But I personally use dbi's mtp, couldn't get tinfoil to work for me, again could be my computer.

Reactions: HalfScoper

Javanya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
The reason that pop up appears is because of the order of partitions on the sd. Took me awhile to figure this out. This is some old info so i may not remember things exactly but I wanna say back around ofw 8.x, hekate would put the emunand partition before or after the fat32 partition causing windows to freak out and the error pops up.

Yes the guide is a lil outdated but the method still works. Also for whatever reason I couldn't get emutool to work last time I upgraded sd's. Probably because my computer was shitty, but it's still a viable method.

I only recommended hekate's ums without mentioning tinfoil or dbi because I was under the impression they couldn't boot into cfw, I got this thread mixed up with a different thread I was reading earlier so my bad on that. But I personally use dbi's mtp, couldn't get tinfoil to work for me, again could be my computer.
So, you recommend using dbi's mtp? If yes, do you have any helpful guides/links?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Javanya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
All the games on SD card are inside a different folder with all games on switch
I could copy everything from sd card to pc but when I try to copy things back to new sd card I get error which says "file is too large for destination file system"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free