OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never heard of this title nor about the developer but after reading
some news I must admit that's pretty nice idea from marketing point of
view.

You can get full commercial game just for $1. The catch is they want
10 million prorders to sell it at that price. I'll give it a try.

Here's trailer: http://youtu.be/DhP1cjukKq8

And official site: http://www.afterfall-universe.com

j0nx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's about time I guess. :) But seriously, I check forum/site on daily basis for
specific infos and hardly ever have something to share with. I'm just not typical user.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for the heads up, that game does look rather sweet, and that charity deal is rather excellent especially since they know their personal goal will never be met. I'll buy into it asap (probably in a few minutes), and I'm curious to see how this game shapes up.
(In all honesty, this is one of the most useful first posts I've seen in quite some time).

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Preordering a game from a totally unknown game company with no editor is definetely something I will not do.
Do you have something against indie developers? I see promise in projects like this (like I saw with Minecraft back in 2009 when I first started playing it, and with Frozen Synapse earlier this year which is very popular right now). Especially when the game is only $1, and they are launching a large sales campaign like this. There's what, a dollar to lose? Imagine what happens if it ends up as a successful game?
Anyway I digress, indie games are cool and I'm a hipster like that. I play World of Goo on my hypothetical Macbook Air while drinking a virtual Frape in a Cyber-Starbucks. Oh, and if you want to see more "promising" indie games, I must recommend TIGSource.

Reactions: 1 person

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Preordering a game from a totally unknown game company with no editor is definetely something I will not do.
Do you have something against indie developers? I see promise in projects like this (like I saw with Minecraft back in 2009 when I first started playing it, and with Frozen Synapse earlier this year which is very popular right now). Especially when the game is only $1, and they are launching a large sales campaign like this. There's what, a dollar to lose? Imagine what happens if it ends up as a successful game?
Anyway I digress, indie games are cool and I'm a hipster like that. I play World of Goo on my hypothetical Macbook Air while drinking a virtual Frape in a Cyber-Starbucks. Oh, and if you want to see more "promising" indie games, I must recommend TIGSource.
Absolutely not, I bought a fair amount of Indie games myself. I can see their point at needing financial support if they're small and all. But preordering ? No demo, no beta, ONE MONTH from the release date ? I call it a scam.

Indie games I preordered were at least backed up by Steam

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's $1 and you pay through PayPal, if it is a scam, it's a very good scam.

Edit: it was also shown at E3, how much proof do you need?

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's $1 and you pay through PayPal, if it is a scam, it's a very good scam.

Edit: it was also shown at E3, how much proof do you need?
Well, my bad. I didn't know about the E3 stuff, no way it could be faked.
I wish they had mentioned that on their website, though. The oldest "news" is dated from yesterday !

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Realistically the game wont sell 10 million copies but you never know with someone buying 5000 of them for a givaway or things like that.
You still get the soundtrack (if you even want it), donate money to some big charity(unknown which one) and the dollar will still be taken of the full price as you already payed for it.
So its not that big a loss if it fails.

anyway you can also embed youtube in here so no need to just post a link this video is also closer related to the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1