Hacking Patching region-free directly into Home Menu (arm9loaderhax or EmuNAND only)

ieeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a patch be made to always force the n3ds to be overclocked? That's the only thing I use NTR for, besides cheats.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a patch be made to always force the n3ds to be overclocked? That's the only thing I use NTR for, besides cheats.
It's possible, but it would require the use of arm11, which currently no CFW uses. Some people are looking into it.

I asked someone who's working on a CFW if he would be able to implement this. This is what he told me:
Heh, I don't like doing that, forcing everything to the maximum can (and will) cause problems. Also, every time you boot a title you'd need to patch the module that checks headers, quite complicated. You can still create custom .cia patches that modify the header of a specific game to get it going with full resources.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight before I flash it to my emuNAND... Will this get overwritten with a system update or anything? Like if Ninty released 10.8 would I have to re-patch the home menu? Also, does this let out-of-region games load their DLC if it is detected on the SD card? Or is NTR still necessary for that?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight before I flash it to my emuNAND... Will this get overwritten with a system update or anything? Like if Ninty released 10.8 would I have to re-patch the home menu? Also, does this let out-of-region games load their DLC if it is detected on the SD card? Or is NTR still necessary for that?
Through normal means? Yeah, this can get overwritten with an update. You can bypass by doing this:
It would have to be done on every update that updates Home Menu and NS, but like @ihaveamac said, if you change the version numbers to something really high (like 0xAA00) they won't be changed. However, I don't recommend doing that personally, at least for NS, because while NATIVE_FIRM will happily load an old Home Menu, I'm not entirely sure what'll happen if you have it trying to load an [eventually] really old NS module.
It's not recommended though.

Reactions: tiduscrying

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Through normal means? Yeah, this can get overwritten with an update. You can bypass by doing this:

It's not recommended though.
Alright, so I'll just flash a normal non-version spoofed cia then just to see what this is like. The whole idea of this sounds pretty damned awesome! Now all we need is something to implement LayeredFS without NTR and NTR itself will pretty much become obsolete.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I flashed the patched HomeMenu CIA from that ISO site and I am not sure whether it is working or not. I flashed it with FBI in NAND mode, since I thought that was how it was supposed to install... But now I've got a black box on my home menu that doesn't do anything but make the system require a reset after I launch it... Anyone know how I can remove that? I'm on 10.6 emuNAND right now, if that helps.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I flashed the patched HomeMenu CIA from that ISO site and I am not sure whether it is working or not. I flashed it with FBI in NAND mode, since I thought that was how it was supposed to install... But now I've got a black box on my home menu that doesn't do anything but make the system require a reset after I launch it... Anyone know how I can remove that? I'm on 10.6 emuNAND right now, if that helps.
Hmm, well I messed myself up by proceeding to try to update to 10.7. That made my emuNAND just not boot at all, but luckily I fixed it all by just restoring my emuNAND backup I made before installing anything. No issues now, whew.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming this is only for retail carts? I know 3ds to cia converter patches the region by default so I was just wondering.

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed them on both of my 3DS. The first one worked, while the other one didn't (The game won't show up on the home menu BUT Running Pokemon for other region worked).

Then I noticed that the Home Menu are different for each regions, and my 2nd 3DS is EU. Just glad it didn't bricked when I installed the US version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm assuming this is only for retail carts? I know 3ds to cia converter patches the region by default so I was just wondering.

Some cias doesn't have region patches (Most of legit cias, and not-so-many cias made by some users are examples of this)

Reactions: Februarysn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag