Status
Not open for further replies.

asbrohapollo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so i might be wrong, but a very good (smart) friend of mine had an idea, more of a strike of billiance. But since he isn't here, i must ask. How would I take the text from an english game and bring it over to a japanese version. I know how to APPLY, i just need to know the file NAME, and what it would be known AS. COuld somebody help me? Please, for more explaination of my idea and Ideas of your own, email me at
[email protected]
Try and be cool about this.

Mickoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has been tried and doesnt work. please read other topics (sorry dont have links) i suggest you close the topic

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asbrohapollo said:
Okay so i might be wrong, but a very good (smart) friend of mine had an idea, more of a strike of billiance. But since he isn't here, i must ask. How would I take the text from an english game and bring it over to a japanese version. I know how to APPLY, i just need to know the file NAME, and what it would be known AS. COuld somebody help me? Please, for more explaination of my idea and Ideas of your own, email me at
[email protected]
Try and be cool about this.
A stroke of "billiance" that has been thought of and asked many times before.

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many strokes of this same "brilliance".
do you really think nobody else thought of this?
there are much smarter people working!

...I just went ahead and ordered an AK2i.
it was cheap from one of the gbatemp recommended site. (0shippingzone, for less than $17)
also, i think buying from gbatemp recommended store through gbatemp profits gbatemp,
which we all love and cherish.

Kaiyos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm.....maybe.....just MAYBE.....Someone has tried this and found that it doesn't work? I dunno though....*facepalm*

In Before Block? =D

FantajiFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mickoo said:
this has been tried and doesnt work. please read other topics (sorry dont have links) i suggest you close the topic

Anyone else got a link? I read through hundreds of pages of this stuff when it was big (and topics weren't locked for thousands of posts). I frequently saw that people thought of it but didn't think it'd be worth the time since a patch was coming out. Not once did I actually see someone say they tried it, or that it was impossible to do so, merely that it'd take a long time and it wouldn't be worth it because people want to play the real English version and would wait for a patch (or now a firmware update).

Edit: Just thought about this for two seconds, if anything it's probably the fact that the US and Japanese version wouldn't have the same character limits right? Anyway, if anyone knows for sure it wouldn't work for this, or other reasons it'd be nice to know since all I've seen is that it's not worth the time.

xbrosss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this stroke of brilliance like 1 hour after xenophobia released the ROM, and many people did it before, please close this topic : D

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard couple seemingly-credible people say it can't be, or just way too hard to be done.

this thread is going to give me a stroke.

D

Deleted User

maybe what he wants is change the text in the JP ver for the US version so we can play the game COMPLETE IN ENGLISH with the JP game...which has a working AP patch

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s0dp4z said:
maybe what he wants is change the text in the JP ver for the US version so we can play the game COMPLETE IN ENGLISH with the JP game...which has a working AP patch

everybody understood what op meant.

darkstar723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im tired of seeing people have this idea over and over and over, it would be nice if their was at least a sticky saying, 'No, you are not the first person to be smart enough to think of this idea that sounds ridiculously simple, but is actually very very painstakingly difficult, these items have been tried , and they have failed, please wait for a method by someone who actually knows what they're doing'

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumb/obvious things that (don't/can't work) noobs keep bringing up over are...

1. copy english txt and paste jap game!
-apparently not as easy as it sounds/not compatible
2. get anti-AP from cycloDS/acekard2i and use it!
-firmware decrypted/programmed for specific hardware
3. all dumps are bad. make fresh dump and profit!
-all dumps aren't bad.
4. just buy the game you bum lol
-not released in UK, people don't want to switch cards, no benefits of flash card

also, noobs who play game for 3 min and post "it works on 1.xx on r4!".
then noobs who spend 30 min to get that exact setup, and play 30 min in euphoria until it freezes,
then starts another thread about how it doesn't work.

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
thiefraccoon said:
dumb/obvious things that (don't/can't work) noobs keep bringing up over are...

1. copy english txt and paste jap game!
-apparently not as easy as it sounds/not compatible
2. get anti-AP from cycloDS/acekard2i and use it!
-firmware decrypted/programmed for specific hardware
3. all dumps are bad. make fresh dump and profit!
-all dumps aren't bad.
4. just buy the game you bum lol
-not released in UK, people don't want to switch cards, no benefits of flash card

also, noobs who play game for 3 min and post "it works on 1.xx on r4!".
then noobs who spend 30 min to get that exact setup, and play 30 min in euphoria until it freezes,
then starts another thread about how it doesn't work.

Well the list is longer than that, but generally yeah.

Requesting Lock/Delete.
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had to "pop in" for a laugh
smileipb2.png

As soon as I saw the words "DO NOT DELETE" in the title, I knew what I was in for....it's a bit like that annoying ad on TV you just can't avoid watching....so many n00bs....if only GBAtemp could sell membership every time a Pokemon game gets released, they'd be swimming in loot!

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say, "If GBAtemp gets money for anyone who post about pokemon in a release of the game".... they'll be very rich lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la