ROM Hack Suggestion Patch for Octopath Traveler Prologue Demo to remove 3 hour lock?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did that. Money value is in the save file at offset 3B0, little endian

Hi guys, I saw that you actually edited the money in the game...could someone make some screens of wich string exactly edit like the time one? thanks a lot =)

That's the offset. Little endian was just explained just reverse the pair of hex values places :) but if you use FF FF it doesn't matter lol.
Untitled.png

Last edited by GizmoTheGreen,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So EdiZon's save editor is out. Someone mentioned waiting for it, but don't know if anybody has done anything yet with this.

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So EdiZon's save editor is out. Someone mentioned waiting for it, but don't know if anybody has done anything yet with this.
I was the one that mentioned it, but I am not sure if the save file’s structure is fixed.
It may or may not work with EdiZon, I will need to check.
Would be nice if some one can share their save file.

mangotowel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to edit my saved playtime and money, thank you.
Better to edit the save to set the time back to 0h, at least you can play in OFW.
Its no problem. I also just figured it out thanks to another user lol. This works out better for me too since I can save after the 3 hour mark anytime I want to transfer to the full game.

Anacra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob here with a 5.1 OFW Switch. I want to edit my Octo save, so need to figure out what I need to do.

1. Install Homebrew on my Switch by following this guide.
2. Then ?

What's the current easiest way to edit the hours and other stuff like money? Is it using Checkpoint or Edizon or some other way? Any help appreciated. Also, can this get my Switch banned?

Edit: Oh wow. Going in to RCM seems like a real annoyance :(

Last edited by Anacra,

mangotowel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here with a 5.1 OFW Switch. I want to edit my Octo save, so need to figure out what I need to do.

1. Install Homebrew on my Switch by following this guide.
2. Then ?

What's the current easiest way to edit the hours and other stuff like money? Is it using Checkpoint or Edizon or some other way? Any help appreciated. Also, can this get my Switch banned?

Edit: Oh wow. Going in to RCM seems like a real annoyance :(
Use checkpoint to get the save, edit with HxD (hex editor). People have reported getting banned with just homebrew.

Reactions: Anacra

hrtbrkd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where does the octopath.lua go? in E:\EdiZon\editor\scripts or E:\EdiZon\editor\scripts\lib

freezes when i try to edit value.

Last edited by hrtbrkd,

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@cricket I tried to expand your work on the lua file

https://github.com/SleepyPrince/EdiZon_ConfigsAndScripts

Probably not the best implementation, currently it looks for CharacterID for the start of a character base from the beginning which is quite slow
I tried to use previous found base address to reduce time to look for downstream addresses
not sure why sometimes it gives corrupted values

Would appreciate your input

edit: btw, here are some offset values
49 ID
92 Level
DB Exp
126 RawHP
171 RawMP
2C5 JobPoint
386 Sword
3D1 Lance
41D Dagger
466 Axe
4AF Bow
4F8 Rod
544 Shield
58E Head
5D8 Body
62A Accessory1
67C Accessory2

Seems that EdiZon doesn't like negative values so I couldn't include the equipment in the file

Last edited by SleepyPrince,

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the prologue demo for Octopath Traveler just hit the eshop, it's 1.6GB and has a lot of the content from the full game. There is a time lock after you play for 3 hours though, seems like it wouldn't be too hard to remove. It's tied to the time played in your save file apparently. Unfortunately it's beyond my romhacking skills and I'm not too sure where to look, anyone have any experience patching things like this out? I can provide a save dump if needed.

So you want a way to pirate the game? Why don't you just buy it and remove the lock that way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto