Newcomer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kk well I want to play my ezflash 3-in-1 in my GBA SP, so I took it apart.
Now its like this.
DSC00258.jpg

Amazingly, its playable

But its kinda annoying to have all that stuff sticking out I'm planning to cover it in plastic wrap or something.
Any suggestions?

Also: not in the pictures is tape holding the battery down.

S

spectral

Would it not be easier just to buy one of the bigger 3 in 1 carts to use with the SP?

S

spectral

I guess it depends how much you value your time and enjoy the modding. Personally to me it'd be worth $20 not to have the hassle of it all.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not remove the ez flash v board from the case? Then you might be able to put your gba sp together. If you were to use smooth needle nose pliars you should be able to insert and remove it.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tedmg09130913 said:
Why not remove the ez flash v board from the case? Then you might be able to put your gba sp together. If you were to use smooth needle nose pliars you should be able to insert and remove it.
Yeah, I'd think it would be easier to dismantle the cartridge case than the gba's case. it's the plastic case the only thing preventing it from fitting in the slot?

tatzelcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a fairly simple solution to this.
I had purchased the Opera Web Browser for my ds lite back when I did not have my M3DSR (Rumble + GBA Expansion) yet. After I got my Rom cart and found out that I could get Opera to work with my GBA Expansion memory I got tired of switching between the actual cart and the rom cart. Thus the real cart became useless...for me at least.

Now, since I have a DS Lite I no longer needed my DS Phat so I gave it to my little sis. Eventually she asked me if she could have my extra Opera cart that I'm not using anymore. I was like, sure, but one problem....DS Lite RAM Expansion card instead of a DS Phat RAM card.

I tried to take it apart and just use the board like tedmg09130913 suggested, but it's very difficult to unscrew a tri-wing screw with flat and phillips head screw drivers.

The solution to this problem was simply to file away the extra nubs/tabs on the side of the cart and to file away the groove on the face of the cart that makes it easier to remove from your ds. All I did to it after that was to put a kind of tab on the back of the cart that was made out of duct tape so that I could still remove it after I had it shoved into the DS Phat.

All together, once I figured out what I was going to do, it took about 10 minutes (using crappy files) and it works perfectly and no damage or modding was done to the actual system.
happy.gif

I suggest trying it out, It should not hurt anything.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tatzelcow said:
The solution to this problem was simply to file away the extra nubs/tabs on the side of the cart and to file away the groove on the face of the cart that makes it easier to remove from your ds. All I did to it after that was to put a kind of tab on the back of the cart that was made out of duct tape so that I could still remove it after I had it shoved into the DS Phat.
Unfortunately I plan to use the 3in1 with my DS Lite too

tatzelcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will still work perfectly fine. The extra plastic and whatnot are just there either to make it easier to remove the cart or to just complete the form. As long as you put some sort of tab on the back of it (Like I said, Duct Tape works wonders) then you should have no problem whatsoever.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Even simpler solution

Just break off the tab part of the EZFlash and glue a piece of wood to the end to make it same size as normal GBA cart

Work good.
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: