Partly taken apart GBASP?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Diablo1123, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008

Partly taken apart GBASP? by Diablo1123 at 1:21 AM (1,786 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Diablo1123
    OP

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    kk well I want to play my ezflash 3-in-1 in my GBA SP, so I took it apart.
    Now its like this.
    [​IMG]
    Amazingly, its playable

But its kinda annoying to have all that stuff sticking out I'm planning to cover it in plastic wrap or something.
    Any suggestions?

Also: not in the pictures is tape holding the battery down.

2. spectral

spectral Newbie

Would it not be easier just to buy one of the bigger 3 in 1 carts to use with the SP?

3. Diablo1123
    OP

United States
    Yes, but then I'd lose 20$.
    Besides why get 2 when if I can mod the SP to work with both?

4. spectral

spectral Newbie

I guess it depends how much you value your time and enjoy the modding. Personally to me it'd be worth $20 not to have the hassle of it all.

5. Diablo1123
    OP

United States
    Good point. I enjoy not being bored, and you would think I'd play my DS or SP more because of that.

6. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why not remove the ez flash v board from the case? Then you might be able to put your gba sp together. If you were to use smooth needle nose pliars you should be able to insert and remove it.

7. Diablo1123
    OP

United States
    Well when I tried using a board from a regular gba cart, it didn't work, is there anything different with this?

8. Votkrath

Member Votkrath GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Isn't it hard to put it in and remove it all the time?

9. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I'd think it would be easier to dismantle the cartridge case than the gba's case. it's the plastic case the only thing preventing it from fitting in the slot?

10. tatzelcow

Newcomer tatzelcow Newbie

United States
    I do have a fairly simple solution to this.
    I had purchased the Opera Web Browser for my ds lite back when I did not have my M3DSR (Rumble + GBA Expansion) yet. After I got my Rom cart and found out that I could get Opera to work with my GBA Expansion memory I got tired of switching between the actual cart and the rom cart. Thus the real cart became useless...for me at least.

Now, since I have a DS Lite I no longer needed my DS Phat so I gave it to my little sis. Eventually she asked me if she could have my extra Opera cart that I'm not using anymore. I was like, sure, but one problem....DS Lite RAM Expansion card instead of a DS Phat RAM card.

I tried to take it apart and just use the board like tedmg09130913 suggested, but it's very difficult to unscrew a tri-wing screw with flat and phillips head screw drivers.

The solution to this problem was simply to file away the extra nubs/tabs on the side of the cart and to file away the groove on the face of the cart that makes it easier to remove from your ds. All I did to it after that was to put a kind of tab on the back of the cart that was made out of duct tape so that I could still remove it after I had it shoved into the DS Phat.

All together, once I figured out what I was going to do, it took about 10 minutes (using crappy files) and it works perfectly and no damage or modding was done to the actual system. [​IMG]

I suggest trying it out, It should not hurt anything.

11. Diablo1123
    OP

United States
    Unfortunately I plan to use the 3in1 with my DS Lite too

12. tatzelcow

Newcomer tatzelcow Newbie

United States
    It will still work perfectly fine. The extra plastic and whatnot are just there either to make it easier to remove the cart or to just complete the form. As long as you put some sort of tab on the back of it (Like I said, Duct Tape works wonders) then you should have no problem whatsoever.

13. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Even simpler solution

Just break off the tab part of the EZFlash and glue a piece of wood to the end to make it same size as normal GBA cart

Work good. [​IMG]