Paris Conference with Shigeru Miyamoto reveals some 3DS info

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nice ideas with the ghost stories (please, not another mario game) and with the one eye effects. Zelda is great. Everything else, is like playing the same game again and again.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ikki said:
I like most of what I read.
I'm kinda frustrated with Mario Kart 3D since we get a "will be released in 2011" but we know nothing about it.
We just have a couple of early (I hope) screenshots and a video.

Also, Lylat Wars sounds pretty stupid. I guess I'm more used to hear Starfox (which sounds stupid too).

I want new suits in SM 3DS

Well you can't expect them to come out in late April and say "Hai dere, here is a bunch of infos on all our core platform titles for the 3DS" when E3 is less then 2 months away. In fact, why would they say anything at all about their games? They aren't obligated to do so and the fact that they are shedding some light on the future of the 3DS from a 1st party development standpoint is a good thing, especially this close to E3. They are letting us know that the next big Super Mario game is heavily in the works and will be displayed at E3, makes sense since Mario is the mascot for Nintendo consoles.

I really hope we get Mario Kart out in North America by Christmas, and if Star Fox 64 is done aside from translations, why haven't they announced a release date for North America and Europe? Only Japan has a confirmed date for July so I would hope it gets released in July or August here as well.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necron N.N said:
Nice ideas with the ghost stories (please, not another mario game) and with the one eye effects. Zelda is great. Everything else, is like playing the same game again and again.
It not like all Mario games are the same. Each has a different shape,form,and place(console,portable).

Besides Mario game are fun and don't use graphics to compensate for fun just used it to enhance it.

Anyway sounds like good info.
happy.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Luckily we're getting Mario Kart 3DS still this year, I really love those series! Can't wait till more details emerge from that, especially in the online modus.
The Ghost modus on the Wii was excellent, I really hope they copy that.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the hell is it with everybody who complains about the Water Temple?! I mean was it really that hard to hit start then Z? Am I the only one who didn't have trouble?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ShadowSoldier said:
What the hell is it with everybody who complains about the Water Temple?! I mean was it really that hard to hit start then Z? Am I the only one who didn't have trouble?
No, people just can't stand swimming around.
I didn't really find it hard at all. I had a really harder time with the Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I always fall down and have to re-adjust the water level. Or I'll hookshot to a ledge and in the camera turn be pressing the improper directions which makes me fall down and have to re-adjust the water level. It's a good dungeon though when you wrap your head around it.

It's pretty do-able without the Zora Tunic when you know what you're doing.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
QUOTE said:
- Nintendo is considering a possible connectivity between the Nintendo 3DS and a future home console, where the Nintendo 3DS could be used as a controller
I'd say this is another point for the touch screen controller theory. Anybody else notice this?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Pazuzu said:
machomuu said:
Pazuzu said:
MigueelDnd said:
- StarFox 64 3D development is finished
- the game will have the same name in all territories
So they're releasing the remake in Europe with a completely different name to the original? Genius.
No they're not. While in Europe it was known as Lylat Wars, in Japan it was known as Starfox 64, and thus they are keeping the original name. It was the European version that was different.
I know, I was refering to the original European name. It's silly to release a port under a different name within the same region.

It would be just like if they would call the remakes and ports of final fantasy 6 for final fantasy 3 in the US... even though the real 3 has been released and all... and the fourth game as 2... so the game series would be: 1 2 3 2 5 3 7 8 and so on...
I'm all for having the real original title instead of a localized title in a remake or port
smile.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heran Bago said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I always fall down and have to re-adjust the water level. Or I'll hookshot to a ledge and in the camera turn be pressing the improper directions which makes me fall down and have to re-adjust the water level. It's a good dungeon though when you wrap your head around it.

I was able to beat it on my first play through of the game when I was just a wee little lad. It's still by far my most favorite temple in all the Zelda games. Mainly because I was able to beat it only by myself. I didn't get help from my older brother or friend or anything.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
Heran Bago said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I was able to beat it on my first play through of the game when I was just a wee little lad. It's still by far my most favorite temple in all the Zelda games. Mainly because I was able to beat it only by myself. I didn't get help from my older brother or friend or anything.
It's only hard because if you don't do a couple things right at the start of the dungeon, you can really screw up your progression in it and it becomes almost impossible to finish it quickly. I went back and played OoT on my GC disc and to be honest, I have realized how much I hated the Water Temple.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE said:
- a second thumb stick was considered for 3DS, but it was decided against. Miyamoto believes gyroscopic controls, if done right, could account for that
whywouldyoudothat_2.jpg

Pretty sure this was answered way before this conference, about there being no more space to fit it in (within the unit).

What about here?

they could have moved the power button to the side, i mean it's not entirely impossible

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
imz said:
they could have moved the power button to the side, i mean it's not entirely impossible
Do you really think the face buttons show how much room is underneath?

I didn't think it that easy.

If the NGP can fit it, there's absolutely no reason why the 3DS can't. I'm pretty sure the engineering geniuses at Nintendo could easily figure out a way to fit two analog sticks on a handheld comfortably.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
imz said:
Do you really think the face buttons show how much room is underneath?

I didn't think it that easy.

If the NGP can fit it, there's absolutely no reason why the 3DS can't. I'm pretty sure the engineering geniuses at Nintendo could easily figure out a way to fit two analog sticks on a handheld comfortably.
The "no room" bit is clearly a PR excuse. They could have done it, but if they did, the touch screen would be forever ignored, and it would suddenly get a lot of FPS games. It's just not Ninty's style. They've never had a valid dual analog solution. The GameCube's C-stick is so far from counting.

Though Guild, the NGP seems to be significantly larger than the 3DS. That's not a valid comparison.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
imz said:

Nintendo-3DS-Disassembled.jpg

This is the underside of the 3DS. The right side shows both the SD card slot as well as the bottom area of the slide pad. Now look at the left side. Nothing is there. Why? Because that's where the battery fits in, as shown by the lid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8