Gaming Parenting: I have two SD cards, family and Rated M

krkk123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two SD cards for my switch, the first one has the family appropriate games and the second has Rated M games, that I want to play.

I don’t want my kids to see that we even have rated M games. To do this, I choose to delete the game from the launch screen, so it does not show up.

My issue is when I go back to install my SD card, use SXOS to re-install my M game, I have reinstall my updates/dlc

Anyway to keep these updates applied to the SD game?

Anyway to just delete the Icon on the launch screen, without removing the data?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just make it clear to your kids that if they touch the M games they get grounded from the switch? That’s a lot easier than having to delete, install, and lie about them

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not just make it clear to your kids that if they touch the M games they get grounded from the switch? That’s a lot easier than having to delete, install, and lie about them
because when you tell kids not to do something they will want to do it

Last edited by Aldoria,
Reactions: Axido

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because when you tell a kid not to do something they will want to do it
That's where this thing called "parenting" kicks in.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have two SD cards for my switch, the first one has the family appropriate games and the second has Rated M games, that I want to play.

I don’t want my kids to see that we even have rated M games. To do this, I choose to delete the game from the launch screen, so it does not show up.

My issue is when I go back to install my SD card, use SXOS to re-install my M game, I have reinstall my updates/dlc

Anyway to keep these updates applied to the SD game?

Anyway to just delete the Icon on the launch screen, without removing the data?
How are you reinstalling the DLC and Updates? Through Nintendo or via NSP? TinFoil or DZ? There may be a work around for you depending.

krkk123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where this thing called "parenting" kicks in.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How are you reinstalling the DLC and Updates? Through Nintendo or via NSP? TinFoil or DZ? There may be a work around for you depending.
Through The installer via SXOS.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through The installer via SXOS.
You can try this since the SX OS installer is based on Tinfoil:

Use DZ to open and delete the game, update and DLCs application record. The icon will disappear from the screen but the data files will be left behind.

Then when you go to play the game, attempt to re-install the update and DLC. You should see an error but after that the update and DLC will be "installed" again. So you'll still need to reinstall but it'll be an instant install since the files are still there when removing the application record.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
doesn't it automatically hide everything about the games if you login with a child account that has restrictions set?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They can't play the games if they're on another SDcard; I doubt there's any icons that are horror inducing!

That said why don't you just buy your kids a Switch for Christmas; you've obviously saved a shit ton of money not buying games, and a second hand Switch is pretty cheap if you look about.

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F