Paralyzed Rats Walk After Stem Cell Transplant

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I still don't understand why people can be perfectly fine with abortion but not stem cell research.
(I know some people don't agree with abortion but this is aimed at people that do)

I asked someone that was fine with abortions, which I agree with, if it was [censored], or high chance of deformity or the person could not handle a child.

But when they say, no the fetus should be buried or burned (cremated) I was like WTF
There was no life, it was just cells, would you not rather it go towards saving someone or giving them a better life e.g. a soldier who had had spinal or nerve damage

It's basically organ donating.
I've got no more use for them when I'm gone, why not let someone else get some use from it, especially if it gives them a better quality of life.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's joyful to hear news like this, but at the same time one must wonder that if illnesses get cured, how would the medical field make revenue...?

Stem cells "only" regenerates damaged or missing tissue, it's no miracle cure for everything, there are still infectous diseases etc. to combat with more conventional means. Other than that, it's not like it's gonna become a cheap, reliable, and risk free form of therapy over the night, there's still a long way to go before we're there. And once we are, there will be plenty of money to make in the stem cell business too.

I wouldn't worry all too much about the medical companies :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: MSU-1 is SNES MSU is Genesis 😁