Hacking PaRaDoX Banner's Zone

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I finally managed to make a custom VC banner that didnt crash my Wii, a custom manual, and just about everything is good to go, but I still have one last question.

How do you change the name of the save? I've been poking around various files with a hex editor, but I still havent been able to find where it stores the name of the VC save.

I know you can change the VC save name, because other custom injections with banners also have custom saves.

Any help would be appreciated.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Ajax said:
Well I finally managed to make a custom VC banner that didnt crash my Wii, a custom manual, and just about everything is good to go, but I still have one last question.

How do you change the name of the save? I've been poking around various files with a hex editor, but I still havent been able to find where it stores the name of the VC save.

I know you can change the VC save name, because other custom injections with banners also have custom saves.

Any help would be appreciated.
Let me know what VC it is(N64, SNES, NES, etc...) and I'll tell you where it is.
If you want to find it yourself, and your HEX program supports searching in various files, search in all the **.app for the name of the game in UNICODE Big Endian mode, and it will find it somewhere.

Thanks deba94 for making it, you save me time
wink.gif
but you could have used the "Hi-Res" banner. If you want sound, I can add it to the banners, but it'll make them a few blocks bigger. That's why I didn't add it to them.

WAD Manager channel, it HAS to be made, but someone's got to make an image for me. I can ask "MDX" to make it, but maybe someone here would like to do it ^^

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah the thing was that I never updated the snes9x channel, lol. I just took the wad I had backed up and injected it. I'll upload the hi-res in just a sec
wink.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll be honest with you. With the new sticky for Homebrew Channel apps and the new Homebrew Channel, I think most people have gone back to just booting .elfs. I've decided it's easier than using channels. Thanks for the channels anyway, they were awesome.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi-Res Snes9x Emulator v3.0 Channel
Enjoy
wink.gif

Trolly said:
I'll be honest with you. With the new sticky for Homebrew Channel apps and the new Homebrew Channel, I think most people have gone back to just booting .elfs. I've decided it's easier than using channels. Thanks for the channels anyway, they were awesome.
I know I've kept the channels. I'll boot homebrew games and apps from the HBC, but emulators, it's just more convenient from the wii menu
wink.gif

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Snes on the front page is that the updated version, with banner??

Will the latest Snes emu play on NTSC USA TV's ??

Thanks soso

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
WHY WOULDNT IT?!?! CAPS ARE COOL!!! YOU"RE QUESTIONS MAGICALLY GETS ANSWERED FASTER WITH CAPS!

Apparently NOT... because i post this question amost 12 hours ago, and i did not get a response until i re-posted it in caps.

It's a simple question that was looked over by everyone and i got tired of waiting.

Thanks Deb for the answer
tongue.gif

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:
you had 12 damn hours of time and never even once had the simple idea to just try it out?

Well since i have a NTSC Wii, and all i kept reading about is pal60, so when you update a NTSC Wii with an update from a different region, it will cause BRICKING!!!

Don't think that I want to do that to my Wii,

And i was not sitting around waiting for the answer, I went to work and checked when i got home.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
Arakon said:
you had 12 damn hours of time and never even once had the simple idea to just try it out?

Well since i have a NTSC Wii, and all i kept reading about is pal60, so when you update a NTSC Wii with an update from a different region, it will cause BRICKING!!!

Don't think that I want to do that to my Wii,

Except that you won't get a brick for an update on an emulator, it just won't display or run properly. That's why people are telling you to try it out rather than waste 12 hours waiting for an answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Not just "some" - I think it's 24 now that have legalized it for adults, so nearly half!