Paper Mario TTYD 60fps patch?

yohunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk about your first question. I use it in ryujinx just fine as is. As for the second question, it probably depends on your computer. I never see it drop below 60, but have problems with some of the in game timings.
I'm running a RTX 2080 Super / AMD Ryzen 9 3900X / 38 GB ram I know its pretty old, but I don't believe I should have an issue running this game at 60 FPS. For example when using the 60 FPS mod. When I'm in Rougeport it drops to 40-50 FPS and the game play is in slow motion from time to time. Also thank you for responding to my questions! Really appreciate it.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a RTX 2080 Super / AMD Ryzen 9 3900X / 38 GB ram I know its pretty old, but I don't believe I should have an issue running this game at 60 FPS. For example when using the 60 FPS mod. When I'm in Rougeport it drops to 40-50 FPS and the game play is in slow motion from time to time. Also thank you for responding to my questions! Really appreciate it.
Yeah idk then. I use an AMD GPU and Intel CPU you may be running into platform specific bugs that I am not. You can always try changing your video backend between opengl and vulkan to see if that makes a difference.

Also, how the hell do you get 38 GB of ram? Do they sell 6 gb sticks? Sounds unstable to me.

yohunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah idk then. I use an AMD GPU and Intel CPU you may be running into platform specific bugs that I am not. You can always try changing your video backend between opengl and vulkan to see if that makes a difference.

Also, how the hell do you get 38 GB of ram? Do they sell 6 gb sticks? Sounds unstable to me.
Oops I meant 32 GB Ram haha my bad on the typo I didn't even notice I put 8. Also thanks again and I'll try that if not Ill stick to 30 FPS at least I get to play the game yk haha.

owlman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Last edited by owlman,
Reactions: Youngsie

r00b14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone else or is anyone else able to use reverse nx with the game? or any way to force handheld graphics?

r00b14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reverse nx RT is working fine for me
how? for me it says it’s not running and looking into why it says it it says because it’s not 32 bit or in the exception list which it’s not. I have it installed correctly too so i don’t know what the issue could be

Youngsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how? for me it says it’s not running and looking into why it says it it says because it’s not 32 bit or in the exception list which it’s not. I have it installed correctly too so i don’t know what the issue could be
I actually had that issue myself but I just restarted the game and it worked so I'm honestly not sure what caused it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. 😅.

r00b14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had that issue myself but I just restarted the game and it worked so I'm honestly not sure what caused it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. 😅.
did you keep the .elf file too? it said saltynx would crash until i deleted it

Hunterx33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to fix some attacks being harder to charge in the 60fps mod? for example First Yoshi move... i turn off the mod and is wayyy easy in 30fps (and OG GC).

BlooVII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops I meant 32 GB Ram haha my bad on the typo I didn't even notice I put 8. Also thanks again and I'll try that if not Ill stick to 30 FPS at least I get to play the game yk haha.
Made an account to say I'm having similar issues working with 32GB of ram, RTX 3060, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core. Every area seems to drop to 40-50 frames, with certain areas like the glitzville lobby running at 60fps (when empty)

EDIT: Adding a video to show the issue I'm having. Glitzville's framedrops are much worse than the 40-45fps frames I'm getting throughout Rogueport.

Last edited by BlooVII,
Reactions: yohunny

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the best version of the 60fps patch out right now, is the issue in chapter 2 been fixed yet
Don't know that there have been any other alternative patches or updates to this one yet (it's still v1.0.0 in the Github zip).

The Chapter 2 issue with Puni's getting lost or behind is apparently present on real hardware at 30FPS as well, and isn't actually a 60FPS patch bug.

Reactions: StevensND

yohunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account to say I'm having similar issues working with 32GB of ram, RTX 3060, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core. Every area seems to drop to 40-50 frames, with certain areas like the glitzville lobby running at 60fps (when empty)

EDIT: Adding a video to show the issue I'm having. Glitzville's framedrops are much worse than the 40-45fps frames I'm getting throughout Rogueport.
View attachment 439374
yeah this is the issue I am having. havent figured out how to fixed it I tried a few things but nothing worked. At least now I know I aint the only one.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 439374
Try "Handheld" mode. you just can tap under at the left border on "Docked" to switch it to "Handheld". Improved for me the FPS. I hope it helps

BlooVII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try "Handheld" mode. you just can tap under at the left border on "Docked" to switch it to "Handheld". Improved for me the FPS. I hope it helps
Unfortunately this didn't work. I've tried almost every variation of the options available in the graphics settings as well as switching between Vulkan/OpenGL, Vsync Toggled on/off, in addition to Docked/Undocked. This is looking like it might be some weird hardware incompatibility.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately this didn't work. I've tried almost every variation of the options available in the graphics settings as well as switching between Vulkan/OpenGL, Vsync Toggled on/off, in addition to Docked/Undocked. This is looking like it might be some weird hardware incompatibility.

I have a 7800X3D and an RTX 3080, but my usages in RTS are super low so I have a ton of headroom. I feel like you should be fine with your specs. Have you given Suyu or another Yuzu fork a try out of curiosity?

If there's a way to unlock the framerate fully I could check my FPS in Rogueport, but it seemed to be capped at 60 regardless of settings.

StevensND

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I have a 7800X3D and an RTX 3080, but my usages in RTS are super low so I have a ton of headroom. I feel like you should be fine with your specs. Have you given Suyu or another Yuzu fork a try out of curiosity?

If there's a way to unlock the framerate fully I could check my FPS in Rogueport, but it seemed to be capped at 60 regardless of settings.
If you play above 60FPS, the game will have more issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s