Paper Mario TTYD 60fps patch?

asmallghost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's just a problem for me, but I'm running the game on Yuzu (with Vulkan) and the 60FPS mod slows down not just the text, but also Mario's movement speed. I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I'm not sure what to make of it. has anyone else had that issue? the performance is great otherwise, and it doesn't make it unplayable, but definitely annoying.

edit: I'm also on the Steam Deck if that makes a difference

edit 2: ok I guess this is what people mean when they say the game is slowing down, delta time issues with lower frame rates. wish there was a way to fix that!

Last edited by asmallghost,

poudigne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe it's just a problem for me, but I'm running the game on Yuzu (with Vulkan) and the 60FPS mod slows down not just the text, but also Mario's movement speed. I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I'm not sure what to make of it. has anyone else had that issue? the performance is great otherwise, and it doesn't make it unplayable, but definitely annoying.

edit: I'm also on the Steam Deck if that makes a difference
Definitly not just you... tried the FPS mod on both Ryujinx and my hacked switch, and slows the hell out of it... to a point that I instantly deactivated the mod.

bonoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I confirm this.

Anyway. Someone shared this in .pchtxt. I convert it to .ips and I'm testing it.

From what I've been reading, it also has problems (talking about emus).

EDIT. @fl4sh_ has been working on some mods. Here are the links:

Resolution + GFX

Ultrawide Mods

FPS Mods (Fl4sh + Me own work). These mods have nothing to do with + is not related to the previously uploaded mod.

And finally @fl4sh_ personal Github (It's a full pack of his mods, so ignore the "Ultrawide" name in the .zip file)

How do I install this on Nintendo Switch?
Thanks

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that hasn't seen yet there is a text speed fix.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/515466
how do you run this and 60 fps mod at the same time?
Also, is there any way to get it working on Ryujinx? I know the description says it was only tested for Yuzu and real Switch, and I know it doesn't work on Ryujinx as-is.

Last edited by MultiKoopa,

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StevensND, never heard of Lossless? You should check it out, works amazing for switch games. Or any game, movie, youtube, anime, for that matter.

m3anmug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you run this and 60 fps mod at the same time?
Also, is there any way to get it working on Ryujinx? I know the description says it was only tested for Yuzu and real Switch, and I know it doesn't work on Ryujinx as-is.
I just put the text speed folder in the mods folder. Just extract it and put the whole folder in. About the Ryujinx i can't help because it runs slow on that.

ninnyjams

Sayer of Dumb Things
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StevensND, never heard of Lossless? You should check it out, works amazing for switch games. Or any game, movie, youtube, anime, for that matter.
You keep posting this and nobody is biting -- this isn't going to make this game run at 60fps, it's going to use hacky frame generation that doesn't belong anywhere near emulators let alone most games that aren't built for it. This is bad advice

Reactions: StevensND

CookieCat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If possible could someone create a mod that allows fast forwarding through the text at any time? It's agonizing having to slog through all the slow text when I'm a fast reader and I've played the original game before already several times

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't scroll up. I can't post links because I just created this account but someone posted a link to a text speed mod.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If possible could someone create a mod that allows fast forwarding through the text at any time? It's agonizing having to slog through all the slow text when I'm a fast reader and I've played the original game before already several times
check gamebanana, text speed fix exists

ThatEntityGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's clear this is an emulator-only mod. When running it on real hardware status monitor reports around 45fps with max overclock in handheld mode with the official charger. They really weren't kidding when they said they couldn't get it running at 60fps. This really bites. I vastly prefer playing handheld than sitting at my computer desk.

Guess I'll just emulate the OG version on my phone, lmfao

Youngsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's clear this is an emulator-only mod. When running it on real hardware status monitor reports around 45fps with max overclock in handheld mode with the official charger. They really weren't kidding when they said they couldn't get it running at 60fps. This really bites. I vastly prefer playing handheld than sitting at my computer desk.

It would help if people stating they are using max overclock and it's not working stated the actual settings they are using and whether they are using mariko or erista .

I'm running my Mariko (oled) docked but with handheld graphics at 60 fine using 1963 MHz CPU 921 GPU and 2400 MHz ram . Docked graphics will run at 60 FPS in lesser areas but in my experienced I needed to push CPU to 2295 mhz and 1100 GPU which isn't worth it in my opinion . My settings are even higher than ones reported working by others in this thread (see chanseys post for example )

r00b14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would help if people stating they are using max overclock and it's not working stated the actual settings they are using and whether they are using mariko or erista .

I'm running my Mariko (oled) docked but with handheld graphics at 60 fine using 1963 MHz CPU 921 GPU and 2400 MHz ram . Docked graphics will run at 60 FPS in lesser areas but in my experienced I needed to push CPU to 2295 mhz and 1100 GPU which isn't worth it in my opinion . My settings are even higher than ones reported working by others in this thread (see chanseys post for example )
I am using erista and i’m maxed settings (CPU 1785 GPU 921 Memory 1600) while handheld and docked and i’m getting slowdown regardless. I really want this game in 60 unless it’s just not possible without a console upgrade

StevensND

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

That's not true. You just need a higher OC. I'm using 1224/844/2366 on Mariko OLED

Here's a gameplay on Switch

I'm also playing this game on Switch instead of emulator.

Last edited by StevensND,
Reactions: cloud-strife777

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly commenting to follow. Getting rock solid 60 at 2x scale on Suyu, other than typical loading/shader hitching that's hard to avoid on modern emulators.

Is everyone else getting 30 FPS on turning animations? Looks a bit jarring.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I install this on Nintendo Switch?
Thanks
i turned the pchtxt for the 1080p mod into an IPS but it just makes the game crash after the logo, Does anyone know how to make a working 1080p patch that runs on switch. Game defo looks jaggy on a 4k tv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii