Gaming "Paper Mario Sticker Star"

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never really felt the need to grind in either series, personally. That said, I've only played through the first M&L game, not the sequels.
You shouldn't really say a post like that until you've played them all to make such a post. XD The third one will need excessive grinding especially near the end and after the game if you choose to continue. XD
The first and second game is rather moderate.
I'm surprised you didn't play the 2nd and 3rd one (especially the 3rd one.) . XD

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't really say a post like that until you've played them all to make such a post. XD The third one will need excessive grinding especially near the end and after the game if you choose to continue. XD
I'm surprised you didn't play the 2nd and 3rd one (especially the 3rd one.) . XD
I never owned a DS, and didn't get a 3DS until this year. I just haven't gotten around to grabbing the sequels. Actually, I just started another playthrough of Superstar Saga, because I just grabbed a backlit SP. ^.^

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never owned a DS, and didn't get a 3DS until this year. I just haven't gotten around to grabbing the sequels. Actually, I just started another playthrough of Superstar Saga, because I just grabbed a backlit SP. ^.^
And u dared saying that M&L series and PM series are similar enough to not co-exist on a single platform??? Oh god.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And u dared saying that M&L series and PM series are similar enough to not co-exist on a single platform??? Oh god.
I never said I didn't play them, dude. I just said I hadn't played THROUGH them. Huge difference. I've played an hour or so each of the 2nd and 3rd one at friends' places, and they're similar enough. The major differences I noted were the four-character battles in 2 and the side-scrolling overworld for the brothers in 3 (with Bowser having the more "classic" overworld). Not to mention playthrough videos.

You don't have to play every single freaking game in a series to make a judgment about it, sometimes. Saying you can't would be like saying you can't compare the differences between the Halo series and CoD just because you never played Halo ODST. It would be silly

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never said I didn't play them, dude. I just said I hadn't played THROUGH them. Huge difference. I've played an hour or so each of the 2nd and 3rd one at friends' places, and they're similar enough. The major differences I noted were the four-character battles in 2 and the side-scrolling overworld for the brothers in 3 (with Bowser having the more "classic" overworld). Not to mention playthrough videos.

You don't have to play every single freaking game in a series to make a judgment about it, sometimes.
Well considering they add innovating things in every installment of it, in this case, you have to.
1 hour or 2 in the 2nd and 3rd game? C'mon man you can do better than that. XD
I kinda played all of the Mario RPG games so far, so yeah. XD
But that's enough from me, I have nothing more to say on the subject since I proved my point earlier. Gonna go play PM Sticker star.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well considering they add innovating things in every installment of it, in this case, you have to.
It doesn't matter how much innovation they add. If the game is in the same series or subseries and features the same gameplay core, then you can make general comparisons with reasonable accuracy. Would you say that I'm not able to compare NSMB to Mega Man Zero just because I haven't played NSMB2 or Mega Man Zero 3? It's a ludicrous suggestion. Not having played every game in the series doesn't disqualify an opinion.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't matter how much innovation they add. If the game is in the same series or subseries and features the same gameplay core, then you can make general comparisons with reasonable accuracy. Would you say that I'm not able to compare NSMB to Mega Man Zero just because I haven't played NSMB2 or Mega Man Zero 3? It's a ludicrous suggestion. Not having played every game in the series doesn't disqualify an opinion.
K well I'm just not gonna add anything further since I proved my point earlier.
+ I don't have anything more to add about the game since I gave my opinion on it. So see ya.

D

Deleted_171835

Yeah...no. I never had to grind in Bowser's Inside Story. Unless you purposely go out of your way to avoid every battle, there's no need to grind.

And @xwatchmanx, the biggest difference between the Paper Mario games and the Mario and Luigi ones (apart from the fact that the latter are vastly superior) is that one uses well-done animated sprites while the other opts for 3D visuals in a paper-esque style. I think they can co-exist on the same platform just fine.

Reactions: gamefan5

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah...no. I never had to grind in Bowser's Inside Story. Unless you purposely go out of your way to avoid every battle, there's no need to grind.

And @xwatchmanx, the biggest difference between the Paper Mario games and the Mario and Luigi ones (apart from the fact that the latter are vastly superior) is that one uses well-done animated sprites while the other opts for 3D visuals in a paper-esque style. I think they can co-exist on the same platform just fine.

And I agree with that. XD! And hey, I know the main game is easy enough to not grind but I said at near the end (Not for the final boss but for challenge node) you'll need to grind for the challenge node. It's hard. DX

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never really felt the need to grind in either series, personally. That said, I've only played through the first M&L game, not the sequels.

Bowser's Inside Story was considerably easier and far less grind heavy then the first two games, which makes a difference. I found that in the second game more so, you had to farm a couple of levels to beat certain bosses, especially the last one.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help for this game. In 3-5, there is bridge broke. And there is scrap piece on ground on other side. I try jump over but I felt down to poison river. So any idea how I can get cross and get scrap piece?

Edit: Never mind, I found invisible block.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the game. Not too impressed... But eh, I've played worse. To be fair, I've only played the first and part of the second Paper Mario, so I may have been expecting something it wasn't for a while now.

In any case, it's still a nice addition to my 3DS, something I can play when I have nothing to do or something.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPOILERS DUDE!

Well... it's my own fault for going into a thread I posted in, but still! GAH! Now I know there's a boss in the 3rd area. THANKS for RUINING it.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shrug* Well, you didn't play fast as you can. I do play fast. :D Also check my signuate from Backloggery. You can see how far I can go. :D 3 down. 3 lefts to go.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Hey all, I've been playing the EUR build of the game for a couple of 1.5 days now, I really like it! For those planning on getting it, don't go in expecting an RPG exclusively, the game encompasses more strategy and puzzle elements more than anything else which was a little weird at first but really good now once you manage your stickers properly. Everything in this game depends on stickers and loot and certain 'things'.

Just got the 3rd Royal Sticker, the game does get better!

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got this game and I'm surprise how much I am enjoying it. I found the M&L series a bit tedious but this game is so much more enjoyable for me.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work