OP
Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have dumped the NDS file from my cartridge and have explored it using Console Tool.

I can see various graphics and colour palettes, duplicated for the big 5 european languages.

However, the text I am looking for - the Awards List (think of them as Achievements or Trophies) - has evaded me so far, even though I suspect it will also be present in the 5 languages?

You can see many awards, including "Certified Champion - Perfect Cleared all areas in Area Challenge of Tour Mode", presented in this play through:
(which does not show all awards)

But there is a list in the "Lounge" area of the game where you can see all awards you have unlocked.
In the NDS filesystem the awards graphics are in file salon_02_sita_parts_LZ.bin

Any ideas which files I be looking in for the text tables? The main arm9 binary?

Any help appreciated!

I am missing a few awards and I really need help to finish this game after 6 years!!!

Thanks

Last edited by matt!,

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used my own BatchLZ77, but crystaltile2 works fine and has a lot of other useful features.

As for finding text, I used AstroGrep set to Unicode encoding, which is the most common for DS games (particularly international releases).

Last edited by DarthNemesis,
Reactions: matt!

matt!

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CrystalTile 2 let me get at the file and then I used Hex Editor with Unicode encoding view to verify contents. Then I used iconv Mac command line tool to convert the file from Unicode to UTF8 so I can more easily read it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up