Gaming PAL/U

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my wii a couple days ago, and have been reading many posts stating to only use games on your wii that are of the same region. Mine has a USA region, but damn near every game I wish to download is over flooded with only PAL games. I doubt that 90% of people who hack their wii have only PAL wiis, so I was just wondering if it would to my wii any harm to download and play a PAL game rather than sit here for ages looking for a nice USA game with good download speeds to come up. My wii is of an older model, and I used NUSAD to fully hack it (bootmii/priiloader installed).

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play some pal games ntsc wiis. Use the force ntsc option in your backup loader. If I download a pal game that don't work then I'll search for a ntsc version, which you can usually find if you look hard enough.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always better to get the game corresponding to your region, but the majority of games work fine (albeit some running in 480i/576i may crop a bit off the top and bottom of the screen).

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awsome, so the bootmii or priiloader has an option to force games to ntsc? I am currently downloading monster hunter tri USA, but the DL says there are several DAYS remaining for the download, and the PAL version would be done in 4-8 hours... know of a better download location/site or if Monster Hunter Tri even work with the force ntsc since you said it doesn't always work. Only answer if you can, I know there are rules on the forums, so I don't want anyone getting in trouble, I just want a quick download with an iso(USA or PAL) that works on my USA wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
99% of all games run on all Wiis, the problem is YOUR tv. Well even with priiloader hacks, you won't achieve this compatiblity in disc channel, but when using a loader. If you have an US SDTV, then i'm 98% sure your tv doesn't support PAL video modes, but all PAL games will run on your Wii in PAL video mode. You can force the video mode to NTSC on some games, on some others video mode patches help, but some others can't be played in NTSC video mode at all.

You always have to differentiate between not working games and games only working in black and white(for you!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??