Hacking Pal Park issue

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to migrate pokemon to my platinum from my emerald there both roms, I already used the pokepatch, my problem is that my emerald sav is corrupt and wont allow me to migrate pokmeon, my emerald sav is playable when i start it up it says "the save file is corrupt the previous save file will be loaded" so how can I fix my save file?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO cannot load these games without save issues:

0690 - Metroid Fusion (U)
1370 - Metroid Zero Mission (U)
1636 - Pokémon - Fire Red Version (U)
1637 - Pokémon - Leaf Green Version (U)
1989 - Pokemon Emerald (U)

So instead ,we are instructed to use GBA Exploader. This homebrew does causes freezes in AKAIO so in order to fix it, download the official firmware, extract it, open __ak2 & copy ak2_sd.dldi, and paste it into the __aio directory on your MicroSD. Overwrite the existing file. I don't believe there is a PokePatch for Platinum only D/P so use that instead. Now, use GBA Exploader to create a new save and flash it to the NOR so that the D/P ROM can detect it.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pokepatch compatible with platinum, using this method I would have to start a new file? Is there no way to fix my current file or use my current file?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninty_g said:
There is a pokepatch compatible with platinum, using this method I would have to start a new file? Is there no way to fix my current file or use my current file?
Well there is no way to save and continue with AKAIO so your save would be empty. I think.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if I understand but like I said before my sav. file is playable I already beat the game, the save file is corrupt which is the problem but it is playable I had heard of a way to fix a corrupt save using vba but i cant seem to get it right.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninty_g said:
Im not sure if I understand but like I said before my sav. file is playable I already beat the game, the save file is corrupt which is the problem but it is playable I had heard of a way to fix a corrupt save using vba but i cant seem to get it right.
I don't think you can un-corrupt a game. My advice would be to snag it from the original source (which is still unknown) and convert it if needed. Then rename it to the name of the ROM if not done so. Finally, copy it to GBA_SAVES (created by GBA Exploader) on your MicroSD.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original source? I started the save on an emulator vba if thats what you meant, gba exploder doenst recognize my save or my roms why is that?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninty_g said:
The original source? I started the save on an emulator vba if thats what you meant, gba exploder doenst recognize my save or my roms why is that?
Open Emerald using VBA. Set the save type to Flash128K. Save the game. Copy the save to GBA_SAVES on your MicroSD card. Try putting GBA Exploader and the config file at the root of your card.

ninty_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this topic is pretty much dead, but I notice that a lot of people have the same problem, anyways the thing is that vba is always being very weird and wont let me export the save in 128 kb, what I would do before is use a hex editor to turn the 64 kb sav into a 128 kb sav but that just corrupts my file, and doenst allow me to migrate my pokes.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ninty_g said:
I know this topic is pretty much dead, but I notice that a lot of people have the same problem, anyways the thing is that vba is always being very weird and wont let me export the save in 128 kb, what I would do before is use a hex editor to turn the 64 kb sav into a 128 kb sav but that just corrupts my file, and doenst allow me to migrate my pokes.
What I did was I used VBA to write a correct-size save file after loading the corrupt one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: agreed