• Views 40,793
  • Replies 161

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm still i am scared to try it with my 2.1E if anyone can confirm that it works with 2.1Ewith the 10-15% method i would be glad

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wouldn't try that, I read somewhere in this topic that running the update on a Wii with an older firmware version bricks your Wii. Don't know if it does when you cancel it, but I would update to 3.0E first.

undeRCoveR

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, first time poster
smile.gif

I want to import an original copy from the US to play on my PAL Wii.

It has a Wiikey with firmware 3.0E, is it safe to run Metroid on it, or should I make a backup and use the approriate programs to edit the ISO so it doesn't brick it?

Any advice would be helpful
smile.gif

A

armand66

OP
Hey all, first time poster
smile.gif

I want to import an original copy from the US to play on my PAL Wii.

It has a Wiikey with firmware 3.0E, is it safe to run Metroid on it, or should I make a backup and use the approriate programs to edit the ISO so it doesn't brick it?

Any advice would be helpful
smile.gif

I'm not sure if you'll be able to play it without copping the exact same problem of getting the 2 duplicate channels. BUT, in all honesty i don't really know, as i haven't tried an ntsc original to see the difference on Wii.

I've also got a Wiikey 3.0E, and i'll be buying MP3 when it comes out here in Oz (as ive bought every Metroid game ever) but if your going to import, i'd recommend "finding a backup" online and make the necessary changes to that, rather than buying an import.

Best to spend your money on the PAL version down the track anyway, so it doesn't lose sales in the region.

Have to say, bloody brilliant game too!

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Easier method for wiikey people:

1.Burn the original iso
2.Burn a brickblocked iso
3.Do the original iso update till 15% and then cut off the power
4.Play the brickblocked one without double channels

kygon

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried this last nite, wiikey and pal

-I did the update (not done it yet)
-I ran the update in the iso
-I didnt get any new channels
-everything works fine

xen_au

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PAL Wii

Used brickblock / region frii / power off method.
Everything working as before, with no dupe channels.

Also, had to change wii to 60mhz on 4:3 standard def TV. or else I get graphical errors (screen display is 20% down. Giving black bar, and inaccurate wii remote)

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Easier method for wiikey people:

1.Burn the original iso
2.Burn a brickblocked iso
3.Do the original iso update till 15% and then cut off the power
4.Play the brickblocked one without double channels

Dude you're awesome, it works like a charm, no extra channels and the game starts like any other game. Now i'm off to speed through MP2 before going into MP3

smeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i do not know if this is directly connected to this method "unplug your PAL Wii during the NTSC update" but i will write.
My Wii will not connect to my Wiimotes. This has happend once or twice before, but i just replaced the batterys or uplug the wii from the power socket and it worked normal.

I did uplug the wii during the NTSC update, but i tryed everything after that (VC games, original games, backup games, internet channel, wii shop, turning on/off the console) and even played a litte bit of MP3. And then turned off the console, and now wanted to play some more, my Wiimotes will not respond.

I tryed everything. Resyncing the wiimtoes, nothing! Cleaning every synced wiimote (by holding the red button on the Wii for about 15 seconds), nothing! Replaced Wiimtoe batterys, nothing! Upluged the Wii from power (for more than 30minutes) nothing! Turned off every wirelles thing in my house, nothing.

So, anyone can help somehow?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Well i do not know if this is directly connected to this method "unplug your PAL Wii during the NTSC update" but i will write.
My Wii will not connect to my Wiimotes. This has happend once or twice before, but i just replaced the batterys or uplug the wii from the power socket and it worked normal.

I did uplug the wii during the NTSC update, but i tryed everything after that (VC games, original games, backup games, internet channel, wii shop, turning on/off the console) and even played a litte bit of MP3. And then turned off the console, and now wanted to play some more, my Wiimotes will not respond.

I tryed everything. Resyncing the wiimtoes, nothing! Cleaning every synced wiimote (by holding the red button on the Wii for about 15 seconds), nothing! Replaced Wiimtoe batterys, nothing! Upluged the Wii from power (for more than 30minutes) nothing! Turned off every wirelles thing in my house, nothing.

So, anyone can help somehow?
Looks like you bricked your Wii :/
Or maybe, try to remove the Wii battery and unplug your Wii for some days

Phonebone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read on another forum, that someone was having trouble accessing his Wii system menu after performing the 'power off during update' trick. It gave him a white screen and an error message.

Anyone here experiencing the same problem? I'd like to know before attempting it.
I'm planning on buying the PAL version anyway, but I just can't stand having this game available and not being able to play it.
But I don't want to risk ruining my Wii for it...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I read on another forum, that someone was having trouble accessing his Wii system menu after performing the 'power off during update' trick. It gave him a white screen and an error message.

Anyone here experiencing the same problem? I'd like to know before attempting it.
I'm planning on buying the PAL version anyway, but I just can't stand having this game available and not being able to play it.
you could still just install the update without unplugging and move the duplicate channels to the last page...I bet there'll be loads more US games coming which will attempt to install the News and Weather channel

Lunna85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works 100% for me. I have an 3.0E with Wiikey.

1. Unpack RARs
2. I used Region Frii on ISO
3. Burn ISO
4. Put i console update to around 15% (don't know exactly, hard to tell)
5. Used Brick Blocker on the same ISO and burned a new DVD with it.
6. Put new disk in console and game works perfectly.

No copy of channels, every menu work (system to), all games, tried to update and there was no new updates and MP3 still works etc...

Also turned off console and still works after reboot =)

Lunna85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a thought...did anyone actually try to boot the disc that was not patched with the WiiBrickBlocker after installing the update?
Haven't tried but I think if you do that it will just start to update again and you will end up with duplicate channels. I did the way I thought was the safest.

Phonebone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

you could still just install the update without unplugging and move the duplicate channels to the last page...I bet there'll be loads more US games coming which will attempt to install the News and Weather channel
Yes, I know that I could do that, but to me it's not worth it. I'd rather wait a bit longer than having duplicate channels on my Wii. I'm pretty sure they won't disappear after formatting either.

Besides I need all the channel space I can get for VC games. Only 1 page left to fill
laugh.gif

I'm still wondering about that one guy who claimed he ran the entire update without getting the duplicate channels.
Did anyone else perform a full system update before attempting the MP3 disc update?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

You can bet on that, and once you have the 2 duplicate channels, yuou don't have to worry for futhur games who try the same
tongue.gif
it will stay just by those 2
biggrin.gif
(No you will not get 3 time or 4times those channels
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ