Hacking RELEASE Painless Linux - it's Linux, but painless (Windows, Mac OS, Linux & Android)

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was not able to find this opt folder with the boot sh file :(

EDIT: nvm, found it, but i dont have permission to modify since im not the owner, that was linus said lol

Last edited by Mach,

rayman13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anybody help me?
I flashed the .img file with Etcher on my 64GB SDXC card and put my Switch into RCM with the SDcard inserted.
After starting the .bat file for windows it's successful, but my Switch just stays at a black screen.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help me?
I flashed the .img file with Etcher on my 64GB SDXC card and put my Switch into RCM with the SDcard inserted.
After starting the .bat file for windows it's successful, but my Switch just stays at a black screen.
Re-run the batch file again afterwards. It it says Smashing the stack again, let it do its thing. If it doesnt then hold power for 10 seconds and try again. It always almost always black screens so give it a few times.
On first boot it will reboot to a black screen (resizing rootfs) so thats normal.

rayman13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Re-run the batch file again afterwards. It it says Smashing the stack again, let it do its thing. If it doesnt then hold power for 10 seconds and try again. It always almost always black screens so give it a few times.
On first boot it will reboot to a black screen (resizing rootfs) so thats normal.

I've tried it countless times, but it didn't work at all. It just reboots back into RCM after finishing the script.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
SDXC cards are currently not supported. A kernel fix is on its way
Is there a primary repository for patches to the Switch Linux kernel? As in, a compilation of all contributions to its stability/usability? From what I've found I just see a bunch of forks of FailOverflow's kernel with a few modifications exclusive to that repository. I know some people are working on Joycon support alongside power management, and it would be nice to see these changes merged together in a single location.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Quinix

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My focus is on Lakka right now. Once I make them work in Lakka I'll provide an updated kernel for Painless Linux.
Sounds great! I've been trying to keep myself from installing Linux until the Joycon drivers gets up and running. I'm really looking forward to it :)

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My focus is on Lakka right now. Once I make them work in Lakka I'll provide an updated kernel for Painless Linux.

Nice to hear it !, btw are you developing a software fix for the battery out of sync issue ? my switch is crazy right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy