Own game to made

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Thunder1993, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009

Own game to made by Thunder1993 at 8:41 PM (1,027 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Thunder1993
    OP

Newcomer Thunder1993 Newbie

Germany
    Hello i'm Kai from Germany and i have a problem i try to make a game about Pokemon. iIt should be a rom but i don't have enough ideas and i don't know how i can make a rom. Now i search a little group of people who want to make it with me text me if you want it

2. nvidia5500

Newcomer nvidia5500 Member

United States
    Seriously, if you know how to program in C/C++ I can lend you a hand in compiling binaries for
    the ARM architecture(read: creating .nds files). If not, I'd rather continue my boredom to sink in.

3. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I don't think a 15 year old can do that.

4. sleight

Newcomer sleight Advanced Member

Germany
    The age overrated =o
    I got 3 friends who can handle some C++ and two of them are about 16-17 today .. as they learned it they were 14-15 too

If you have som informatic-lessons at school don't miss them.. Even if 80% is useless what you learn you still should keep
    in mind that the other 20% are basics which are present in any programming language ( I talk about strucure/ algorythm)
    Once you know how get along with algorythms you'll have no problems to lear a PL by yourself..

I also taught me some PAlib that way and started some homebrew but it stucks atm since I really lack of time, which is the bigger problem compared to learning the language

5. a2h

Member a2h GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Unless you have the skill and talent of someone like Pixel I'd doubt you'd be able to make such a massive game from scratch by yourself.

6. MyauChanDesu

Member MyauChanDesu Kamineko is GOD.

Australia
    c'mon mate. let the guy have a chance.

7. a2h

Member a2h GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Well let's see if he's the minority of people who do make such brilliant games?