Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ovl-sysmodules

A Tesla overlay that allows you to toggle your sysmodules at any time
What is this?

A Overlay made for Tesla that can enable and disable other sysmodules (like sys-ftpd, emuiibo, sys-con, sys-clk, etc.).

Screenshots
20200203_124214.jpg

Installation

Make sure you already have Tesla running!
Download the .ovl file from the GitHub Repository and drop it into the /switch/.overlays folder on your Switch's SD card.
Open Tesla and select the Sysmodules item.

To detect sysmodules, ovl-sysmodules uses the same system as the Kosmos Toolbox. It looks for toolbox.json files in your /atmosphere/contents/<ProgramID> folders. If your sysmodule doesn't come with one, tell it's developer to add it!

Download

Tesla: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/
ovl-sysmodules: https://github.com/WerWolv/ovl-sysmodules/releases/latest

GitHub
ovl-sysmodules: https://github.com/WerWolv/ovl-sysmodules

Obligatory Donation links

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KP7XRJAND9KWU&source=url
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/werwolv

Last edited by WerWolv,

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Strangely enough only 3 out of 9 modules are displayed (all of them have toolbox.json) and loading is quite slow, experienced some crashes along the way while I was deleting other olv-modules to find the culprit. I attached crash reports.

Attachments

• crash_reports.zip
    16 KB · Views: 252
Last edited by octopus,

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
There's no toolbox.json there by default. We're gonna add those though to the next Kosmos release so everything's gonna work out of the box there
As I said earlier only some of the sysmodules are shown in the overlay. I have made toolbox.json for every module I have (9 at the moment), they show up in Toolbox, but only three of them show up in this overlay: sys-con, sys-ftpd, sys-clk. I checked folder permissions, toolbox.json permissions and they all are the same for those that show up and for those that don't. The length of the name / requires_reboot is not the issue either. I even deleted all the crap from the /contents besides atmosphere files and sysmodules and they still won't show up. I'm kinda baffled here. Any ideas?

And also iteration through the contents of /contents takes some time on my unit every time this overlay is run. There are a lot of folders with cheats. Maybe you would consider adding a cache file (append to one .json and read from it) and a rescan option (delete existing .json and recreate it) so it won't be so slow.

Last edited by octopus,

EddCase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- emuiibo : 0100000000000352

- sys-con : 690000000000000D

- sys-ftpd-light : 420000000000000E

- sys-clk : 00FF0000636C6BFF

- ldn_mitm : 4200000000000010

I made these for myself the other day I suppose I should share. extract to atmosphere\contents they only include the toolbox.json so you'll need to get the sys modules as well

Edit:
I've updated both emuiibo and ldn_mitm as commented by WerWolv below

Attachments

• ftpd-light - 420000000000000E.zip
    411 bytes · Views: 359
  • sys-clk - 00FF0000636C6BFF.zip
    417 bytes · Views: 469
  • sys-con - 690000000000000D.zip
    408 bytes · Views: 335
  • emuiibo - 0100000000000352.zip
    409 bytes · Views: 378
  • ldn_mitm - 4200000000000010.zip
    409 bytes · Views: 330
Last edited by EddCase,

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I made these for myself the other day I suppose I should share. extract to atmosphere\contents they only include the toolbox.json so you'll need to get the sys modules as well

Great! Out of these 5 only sys-ftpd, sys-clk and sys-con will work properly as emuiibo and ldn-mitm are mitm sysmodules and require a reboot in between

Edit: Seeing that you set the requires_reboot flag to false for both of them, this is going to cause issues. They are not supposed to get late-loaded by either the Kosmos Toolbox nor this overlay here

Last edited by WerWolv,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Edit:
I've updated both emuiibo and ldn_mitm as commented by WerWolv below
I extrated them to their folders in contents but don't appear in tesla menu, do still need the .ovl file? where do I get the .ovl files?

EddCase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I extrated them to their folders in contents but don't appear in tesla menu, do still need the .ovl file? where do I get the .ovl files?

they only include the toolbox.json so you'll need to get the sys modules as well

You need to install Tesla, The OVL file from the first post in this thread and the sys-modules as well. I posted in the original posting the zip files only include the toolbox.json

if you need the sys-modules I suggest you look at the hb-appstore as the easist way to install them.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You need to install Tesla, The OVL file from the first post in this thread and the sys-modules as well. I posted in the original posting the zip files only include the toolbox.json

if you need the sys-modules I suggest you look at the hb-appstore as the easist way to install them.
My folder structure for sys-clk for example:
Code:
atmosphere/contents/00FF0000636C6BFF/flags/boot2.flag
                                    /.DS_Store
                                    /exefs.nsp
                                    /toolbox.json

On apps side:
Code:
switch/.overlays/ovlEdiZon.ovl
                /ovlmenu.ovl

When I bring the overlay up with L+LStick press+D-Pad down, it only display Edizon...
I don't use kosmos btw

Last edited by cucholix,

WerWolv

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Code:
atmosphere/contents/flags/boot2.flag
                   /.DS_Store
                   /exefs.nsp
                   /toolbox.json

On apps side:
Code:
                /ovlmenu.ovl

When I bring the overlay up with L+LStick press+D-Pad down, it only display Edizon...

Because you don't have this overlay here installed. ovlmenu.ovl is the overlay selector that opens by default

WerWolv

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's my question, where do I get sys-clk, sys-ftpd .ovl files?
There is none. Get the latest release of this overlay, install it and when you have the toolbox.json files there, you'll be able to toggle them. You don't need an overlay for every single sysmodule

EddCase

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Code:
atmosphere/contents/00FF0000636C6BFF/flags/boot2.flag
                                               /.DS_Store
                                               /exefs.nsp
                                               /toolbox.json

On apps side:
Code:
                /ovlmenu.ovl

I don't use kosmos btw

You need the ovl-sysmodules from the first post in this thread I suggest you re-read the whole post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major borwser.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo...