Hacking over excited at couple of games not working!

WezG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have noticed a lot of people (on various forums, including this, some even on R4 Forum who dont own a R4) who as soon as a couple of games dont work (Not including MicroSD probs with Castlevania POR and Tony Hawks slowdown-crap game, Tony Hawks not the kind of game for DS anyway, looks like crap PS game) they totally go mental saying how the mighty r4 has failed and is this going to carry on. How many games for R4 have required software updates?!?! Not very many, especially compared to others. Software is great (Moonshell sucks, not really R4 thing though, in my opinion, they should use DSOrganize), most polls (if not all, say its the best), doesnt have loads of fake stuff advertised (built in xx emulation when its just using a homebrew emulator), good looking, quick interface, good looking shell, MicroSD goes in easy (If u hold it at the sides which is easy enough!).
I just think its sad when people have to laugh that people might have (In their opinion!) wasted their money, have to buy something else to play new games, instead of trying to help, just because they are jealous (My opinion!!!) they bought the wrong card!
Anyway long live the R4, with the very mysterious (and wise!) dev team that just quietly fix the minimal amount of games that dont work! "That tennis game" isnt even that good (its the best on ds so far though, still not very good!), but they fixed it and couple others in about a week!

yaynds.gif

R4 Rulez my (and my gf's!) DS!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have noticed a lot of people (on various forums, including this, some even on R4 Forum who dont own a R4) who as soon as a couple of games dont work (Not including MicroSD probs with Castlevania POR and Tony Hawks slowdown-crap game, Tony Hawks not the kind of game for DS anyway, looks like crap PS game) they totally go mental saying how the mighty r4 has failed and is this going to carry on. How many games for R4 have required software updates?!?! Not very many, especially compared to others. Software is great (Moonshell sucks, not really R4 thing though, in my opinion, they should use DSOrganize), most polls (if not all, say its the best), doesnt have loads of fake stuff advertised (built in xx emulation when its just using a homebrew emulator), good looking, quick interface, good looking shell, MicroSD goes in easy (If u hold it at the sides which is easy enough!).
I just think its sad when people have to laugh that people might have (In their opinion!) wasted their money, have to buy something else to play new games, instead of trying to help, just because they are jealous (My opinion!!!) they bought the wrong card!
Anyway long live the R4, with the very mysterious (and wise!) dev team that just quietly fix the minimal amount of games that dont work! "That tennis game" isnt even that good (its the best on ds so far though, still not very good!), but they fixed it and couple others in about a week!

yaynds.gif

The r4 should play they games without an update thats whats wrong. All the other "almighty cards dont need updates to play game like tennis masters. So why is the r4 so "almighy" and it also isnt the best card for homebrew.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed a lot of people (on various forums, including this, some even on R4 Forum who dont own a R4) who as soon as a couple of games dont work (Not including MicroSD probs with Castlevania POR and Tony Hawks slowdown-crap game, Tony Hawks not the kind of game for DS anyway, looks like crap PS game) they totally go mental saying how the mighty r4 has failed and is this going to carry on. How many games for R4 have required software updates?!?! Not very many, especially compared to others.
Rant-On.gif

The reason for this is because the massive amout of members here who all proclaim the R4 to be king of all DS flashcarts. Highest rated reviews, ALWAYS recommended to n00bs who join looking for their first cart, some hardcore R4 owners constantly slandering other flashcarts especially my precious SCDS1.

So yeah, when a cart that proclaims 100% compatibility, 100% futureproof can't handle a GBA-ish tennis game lol, you had best believe I'm gonna let the world hear about it.
rofl2.gif

And wat's funny is that when it happened, the R4 fancrew was silent, you didn't hear a peep about it from any of them lol. Like they were trying to keep it hidden, so that no one would know of their weakness. Shocked that their "holy grail" had been PWNT by a simple yet enjoyable tennis game.

How many games have required updates for the R4 you asked? A couple of them now. How many have required updates for my SCDS1? NONE!!!! Enough said!
bow.gif

Rant-Off.gif

Aril

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How many games have required updates for the R4 you asked? A couple of them now. How many have required updates for my SCDS1? NONE!!!! Enough said!
bow.gif

Animal crossing ??

And BTW I had a SC DS one before and it was just the worst linker i've ever seen.
Sometimes the game just froze, and they took so much time to load.
Even with my kingston japan 1 go, I couldn't enjoy my games.
I bought this because I was very satisfy with the slot 2 solution, very simple et quick acces to the games.
But The DS one is just disappointing.

Eventually, I was sick of this, and I order myself a R4.
It was so easy to use that I couldn't believe it, no save size, quick access to the roms like the supercard slot 2 (I don't care about beautiful icones and stuff...).

BTW the R4 team is always working on new updates, not like the Supercard team 3/4 months for a new update... come on >_

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How many games have required updates for the R4 you asked? A couple of them now. How many have required updates for my SCDS1? NONE!!!! Enough said!
bow.gif

Animal crossing ??

And BTW I had a SC DS one before and it was just the worst linker i've ever seen.
I bought this because I was very satisfy with the slot 2 solution, very simple et quick acces to the games.

It was so easy to use that I couldn't believe it, no save size, quick access to the roms like the supercard slot 2 (I don't care about beautiful icones and stuff...).

BTW the R4 team is always working on new updates, not like the Supercard team 3/4 months for a new update... come on >_<

This post is proof of what I mean about slandering. Everything I said about the R4 was the truth and nowhere did I call it a bad cart. Animal Crossing worked just fine as long as you had a decent microSD on the SCDS1 so your argument has failed.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have noticed a lot of people (on various forums, including this, some even on R4 Forum who dont own a R4) who as soon as a couple of games dont work (Not including MicroSD probs with Castlevania POR and Tony Hawks slowdown-crap game, Tony Hawks not the kind of game for DS anyway, looks like crap PS game) they totally go mental saying how the mighty r4 has failed and is this going to carry on. How many games for R4 have required software updates?!?! Not very many, especially compared to others.

Rant-On.gif

The reason for this is because the massive amout of members here who all proclaim the R4 to be king of all DS flashcarts. Highest rated reviews, ALWAYS recommended to n00bs who join looking for their first cart, some hardcore R4 owners constantly slandering other flashcarts especially my precious SCDS1.

So yeah, when a cart that proclaims 100% compatibility, 100% futureproof can't handle a GBA-ish tennis game lol, you had best believe I'm gonna let the world hear about it.
rofl2.gif

And wat's funny is that when it happened, the R4 fancrew was silent, you didn't hear a peep about it from any of them lol. Like they were trying to keep it hidden, so that no one would know of their weakness. Shocked that their "holy grail" had been PWNT by a simple yet enjoyable tennis game.

How many games have required updates for the R4 you asked? A couple of them now. How many have required updates for my SCDS1? NONE!!!! Enough said!
bow.gif

Rant-Off.gif

Lol, this comment made me laugh! In a good way!
biggrin.gif

The R4 is NOT the king of all flashcarts. It is one of the best, boasts the fastest loading and saving times, but homebrew-wise it's not 1st.

And, yeah, there wasn't a big uproar, everyone was really quiet.

Made me remember the Portuguese Liga this weekend (last week of games, had to be decided who was the champion). So Sporting Lisbon, Porto and Benfica were playing against some weak teams. Sporting (which I support) needed Porto to lose or draw and they had to win, or no title. Same for Benfica, but they also needed Sporting to lose. Porto just needed a win to become champ.

So we were watching Sporting's game, and we were winning (crowd all excited) when Porto scored. Not good. Everyone just went all quiet, because they didn't want the players to know that they were winning for nothing. So then Aves (Porto's opponent) scored and there was this big uproar! = Tennis game not working > Firmware update fixed this

Porto ended up champs in the end, and this may seem really irrelevant, but it kinda associated with the R4. = Other games not running.

People got shocked when such a good product, with claimed and proven 100% compatibility failed to play a simple tennis game.
That's why they get quiet, to keep it to themselves as you were saying.

The SCDS1? Sure, it's good, but it also has some flaws. Nothing is perfect.

The DS-X, well, it had 100% compatibility when a firmware update (1.1.2) ruined it.
frown.gif

....And much more.

WezG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i can't believe that the tennis could be published
the ball is fxxking "big"

even gameboy's tennis(not gbc) is better than this one

This is actually the second best tennis game on the DS lol. Don't let the shit graphics and generic as water characters fool you
rofl2.gif

Bad dump my ass, the game works fine. The "legendary" R4 and all its minions refuse to accept the fact that the mighty have fallen!! And by a meager tennis game
rofl2.gif

Thats ONE of the things which prompted to to actually put this. Now you start saying how its the 1st card to be recommended to "n00bs" (It sounds like you are quite annoyed its not "your card" that is?) and gets good reviews, maybe thats because its good, easy to use (So you dont have to be a hardcore 31173 d00d who can flame all the n00bs coz spends loads of time blah blah blahing in forums) and doesnt have a chip sticking out under the sticker.
Why you just dont say something reasonable, you know like you would if a friend (A person in "real life") had bought one and had problems instead of just being like HAHAHA you cant play a crap game for a few days until they release an update.

The R4 isnt perfect, obviously no card is or will be (everyone wants something different), the download play doesnt work much, but that didnt bother me when I got mine as me and my gf got one each, and wi-fi games work no problem.
The microsd problem has been the same (Using same cards) for various slot 1 things, solution is just get a better card!

People like you are one of the reasons why a lot of people are put off using forums, as you get people with 1000's of posts (I dont know how you find the time, I know I couldnt) ranting about people being "n00bs" because they cant use a computer as well as you, well Im sure plenty of those "n00bs" can do certain things better than you!
Like some less computer literate people are athletic and are better at things like taking steroids and showering with guys!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

So chill before a show you another slot to put your SCDS1!

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really, r4 doesn't play a few games no one gives a crap about, and the sc fanboys come out to rag on it. Of course r4 isn't perfect even though the new firmware just fixed those games
tongue.gif

I'll keep recommending r4 because it is the simplest to use. No patching. No BS. scds1 uses a battery. eww

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Well the R4 probably has the upper hand in terms of compatibility out of the box. But damn, the In-Game-Guide feature of the SCDS1 has gotten me extremely jealous (here's hoping the R4 team nick the idea!!) Btw, can any SCDS1 features give me some feedback on the game guide thing? Anyone tried sticking a FAQ from gamefaqs on there? If so, how was it? Does it save at the spot you were reading when you go back to the game?

Edit: Being a fanboy of either card ain't a good thing peeps!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
the less we say anything about R4 being superior, the more they'll shut up. and the less they'll buy R4s. and the more we get to laugh at them when something crazy (good) is released and we're the only ones who can play it =]

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know what you guys are talking about. When the R4 didn’t play a couple of games
nothing was quiet. Everybody stated it’ll be fixed in the next update. All cards have there
problems, the SCDS1 had it’s save problems in the beginning. The G6 had all kinds of
problems for a bit. But I believe because the R4 is so successful & is out selling all other
cards buy a large amount. The software companies are going to be gunning for it & looking
for ways to keep there software from working on the R4.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What sold me on my M3 Simplies was the fact that there was no patching necessary. Just copy the files onto the memory card and you're done. Other cards may do that, I'm no expert on all of them. But because of that, I do think it's a good card to recommend for new folks. And they have come out with updates like this when needed very quickly (for the R4 at least, still waiting on M3S's official update).

Oh, and the price is very decent.

Aril

Trophies
XP
Country
France
bow.gif

Animal crossing ??

BTW the R4 team is always working on new updates, not like the Supercard team 3/4 months for a new update... come on >_<

This post is proof of what I mean about slandering. Everything I said about the R4 was the truth and nowhere did I call it a bad cart. Animal Crossing worked just fine as long as you had a decent microSD on the SCDS1 so your argument has failed.

Huh slandering ? I was just talking about my own experience...
I don't really care about the fight about all those flashcards constructors.
As long as the money won't go in my pocket I won't give a a damn.

There were a lot of games that I couldn't play, even with a Kingston Japan 1GB.
Or at least I had to change a lot of options, so far of the drag and drop/easy to use things...
I ordered 4 DSone of the first batch for me and my friends (because at that time I thought the DSone was a good product and I had a good experience with the slot 2 solutions...) and wooo 2 of the pieces were deficient , always randomly froze, bad pcb etc...
Now I'm just happy with my R4, no more problems like this
laugh.gif

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I would probably have bought a SCDS instead of a M3 Simply if you didn't have to mess with savetype on the SCDS.

WezG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats why I got the R4, no patching or setting save types. I dont see why not wanting to mess about with loads of settings for every game you want to try (Even just to see if you will like it) makes someone a "n00b", or why it matters if someone is a "n00b", I just think its pretty sad if you have to pick on people online who arent as knowledgeable about something as yourself. I can understand people ignoring people who just demand a question answered without even trying to be polite, but most responses I usually see say "make yourself known" first before asking questions, but somepeople dont want to spend hours and hours "making friends" on a forum and getting a post count high enough so people "respect" them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.