OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
*sorry for the dobble post*
Well anotther cool thing you can do with your ouya is sideloading app/games on it!

My latest game i sideloaded was crossyroad! Its a pretty popular game on the mobile platforms but can be played on ouya (instaling via usb the apk)!

The game works fine! The original version doesn't support the controller but with some "hackyness" you can solve the problem!
I recomend you to watch my gameplay (sorry for the video quality)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is now available. This game is a must have for your collections people. Even on default settings the water is damn near Mario Sunshine quality. The controls are agreeable and this idea of using the world's critters as ammo is pretty fun. It's on sale for 3.99 for the first week so hop on it! Also I play this game on two ticks away from full settings and it's lovely. If you play this game on full settings, expect choppyness when you move the camera and some frame skips. The funny thing is...and quite sad, I'm playing this in SD so I'd imagine that playing it in HD would look even better.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is now available. This game is a must have for your collections people. Even on default settings the water is damn near Mario Sunshine quality. The controls are agreeable and this idea of using the world's critters as ammo is pretty fun. It's on sale for 3.99 for the first week so hop on it! Also I play this game on two ticks away from full settings and it's lovely. If you play this game on full settings, expect choppyness when you move the camera and some frame skips. The funny thing is...and quite sad, I'm playing this in SD so I'd imagine that playing it in HD would look even better.

i grabbed the googleplay version (for my shield) a few days ago when i seen that its on sale for 3.99.
its a fun game....sort of a borderlands meets earthworm jim vibe to it.
i like the 3rd/1st person view option.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, have any of yall tried using an ouya as a pc for basic tzsks like web browsing and creating dox? Was wonder since it has usb ports( storage plus keyboard) and can have debian os from a usb

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, have any of yall tried using an ouya as a pc for basic tzsks like web browsing and creating dox? Was wonder since it has usb ports( storage plus keyboard) and can have debian os from a usb

I tried it out for a dew days last year. If you couple OUYA with Firefox, Google Cloud Print, Google Drive, Flash and the Google Productivity apps, you can make a decent low end PC out of it. You will want go use a different launcher, considering that the OUYA Menu isn't exactly desktop friendly.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it out for a dew days last year. If you couple OUYA with Firefox, Google Cloud Print, Google Drive, Flash and the Google Productivity apps, you can make a decent low end PC out of it. You will want go use a different launcher, considering that the OUYA Menu isn't exactly desktop friendly.
Interesting at $70 it may be an interesting experiment that I can use for emulation if it goes bad

tozevleal

Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Now it looks the ouya has been "bought" by a chinese company!
This can be good and bad at the same time!
The chinese company is called alibaba and it looks they do tv boxes! (maybe they want to steal the ouya secret formula)
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7947325/alibaba-ouya-10-million-investment

The good thing is: more ouya players from china!
The bad thing is: this can be the end of the ouya (just a rumor)

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it looks the ouya has been "bought" by a chinese company!
This can be good and bad at the same time!
The chinese company is called alibaba and it looks they do tv boxes! (maybe they want to steal the ouya secret formula)
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7947325/alibaba-ouya-10-million-investment

The good thing is: more ouya players from china!
The bad thing is: this can be the end of the ouya (just a rumor)
If it was the end of ouya then they wouldn't of bought the company

Reactions: tozevleal

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
If it was the end of ouya then they wouldn't of bought the company

I was looking into the dev portal and they changed some "rules" and now if a dev wants to make a game avaliable to china needs to be translated! This can be really bad for the complex games!

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking into the dev portal and they changed some "rules" and now if a dev wants to make a game avaliable to china needs to be translated! This can be really bad for the complex games!
Well atleast ouya is allowing devs to go into that market. Something Sony or xbla or steam doesn't really do

Reactions: tozevleal

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't played the game but i will play it sooner!
I have seen some gameplay footage and looks awesome!
-----------------
Anotther cool ouya (and android mobile) game i recomend its "fist of awesome"! Its game like street fighter! You should try!

Reactions: RevPokemon

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't played the game but i will play it sooner!
I have seen some gameplay footage and looks awesome!
-----------------
Anotther cool ouya (and android mobile) game i recomend its "fist of awesome"! Its game like street fighter! You should try!

I know it's great. Also orangepixel makes great games for ouya and android

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy