OUYA users HERE!

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i tryed to publish to the google play store... but i feel my game isn't prepared for "touch devices" ... the PSN indie developers website says i need to travel to sign some kind of papers and stuff (why they make this so dificult!?!?!?!) "You must be physically located in US, Mexico, Central America, South America, or Canada" (i take this from the Playstation dev portal!
Have to be in NA or SA? That really is retarded considering the amount of great game designers from Europe

Reactions: tozevleal

tozevleal

Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Have to be in NA or SA? That really is retarded considering the amount of great game designers from Europe

And the xbox developers its like that too! This is why i choose OUYA they don't care about where you live... Just do your game and publish on our store and you don't need any kind of tax (if you want to publish on playstore you need to spend 30$ on a dev account)

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the xbox developers its like that too! This is why i choose OUYA they don't care about where you live... Just do your game and publish on our store and you don't need any kind of tax (if you want to publish on playstore you need to spend 30$ on a dev account)
Yeah but how is steam? I've heard they are pretty good about indie devs

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah but how is steam? I've heard they are pretty good about indie devs

For steam you can create a dev account BUT FIRST (like google play) you need to pay 90$ (damn all companys want our money -_-
The bad thing about the "indiedevs" is: We don't know if our game will be a sucess or a total fail!

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For steam you can create a dev account BUT FIRST (like google play) you need to pay 90$ (damn all companys want our money -_-
The bad thing about the "indiedevs" is: We don't know if our game will be a sucess or a total fail!
The issue is 100 dollars is nothing for an indie company with an investment but for an individual maker its alot

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
For 100$ you can buy a ouya xD! This is why i tell for the newer indiedevs to start on ouya to see how the gamers see the games! And if your game is great then go and try other places (like steam, google play, etc..)

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
No I haven't as I don't own a laptop or PC to do it but game making is interesting and I plan on making a game some day

What kind of device do you use to publish your posts on GBATEMP?

Note: to make 2D games you don't need a SUPAH MEGA DUPAH PC! A 400€ PC can do the job

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word to the wise. ALWAYS have an external power source when using external HDDs on the OUYA. I wouldn't even trust a powered USB hub. Right ow I'm hoping to have enough change left over tomorrow to buy a Y cable for my Toshiba Canvio 1TB drive. My powered hub hates the thing but loves my accessories :P -go figure.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word to the wise. ALWAYS have an external power source when using external HDDs on the OUYA. I wouldn't even trust a powered USB hub. Right ow I'm hoping to have enough change left over tomorrow to buy a Y cable for my Toshiba Canvio 1TB drive. My powered hub hates the thing but loves my accessories :P -go figure.
Well that sucks. But atleast that 1tb will make emulation better. I know on my 8gb tablet emulation can be a pain in the ass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.