"OUYA" Android based "open" console funded over $

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen this thread on different forums. different reactions for each.

XDA-Devlopers: A rootable/hackable android device for the TV. Very nice!
GBAtemp: I have a wii w/ dios mios/USBloader GX for the same price.
Basilmarket: $99 angry birds console

I think it's a bit of both. Personally, I would choose it over the Apple TV/WDTV/Roku as a media player. Games are a plus and Tegra 3 for $99 is a great price.

I have not seen anyone say that, I read the whole thread but you are right wii has better specs, a better library, better controllers and can be bought for cheaper. And angry bird on something else than a touchscreen is bad. You should buy it; it looks perfect for you.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't actually get how anyone can be excited by this. By demanding a free-to-play aspect in all titles, they've already alienated "mainstream" developers and anyone intending to spend more than six figures on developing a game for it. It'll be no different to iOS, where the most successful games are ripped off of Miniclip or Newgrounds and cost 69p. Either that or they'll be heavily reliant on micro-transactions, essentially "pay to win". I simply don't see the point in getting hyped. Sure, it'll make a nice emulator machine, but are you really going to shell out a hundred dollars just to emulate stuff your PC can emulate many times better?

Ouya will be no different to plugging your phone into your TV or something, which hardly compares to plugging an actual console or a PC into it. It's a complete waste of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol