Hacking Out of the game for a while, need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thigrai
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,249
  • Replies Replies 7

Thigrai

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
32
XP
123
Country
I've been searching and trying for the past 2 hours and so far have had no luck.

When I put down my 3DS and Gateway, Pokemon Sun had just been released and I installed that and played it. Now I come back and apparently Gateway is dead. Unknowingly I updated my Emunand and got a black screen, so I went and formatted it and it's currently 4.0.1 GW (And normal firmware also same, just without GW)

I don't have the blue card (the DS flashcard) just the red one (gateway flashcard) as I never used the blue one and lost it.

I tried to follow 3ds guide (the website, can't link)
and also their guide for doing it without a browser (It needs the SD blue card, so I couldn't do it)

My browser won't launch in 4.0.1 GW, it says it needs a system update before connecting to the internet which is annoying as hell and leaves me at an impasse.

Could anyone give me a few pointers?
 
Okay OP. You need to upgrade to B9S. If you want to keep gateway, there is a guide floating around showing how to do that. I would link it but I'm on my phone. It's on gbatemp.
 
He said he already tried following it.
Okay OP. You need to upgrade to B9S. If you want to keep gateway, there is a guide floating around showing how to do that. I would link it but I'm on my phone. It's on gbatemp.
I think the problem is that the 4.x instructions call for mset or the browser exploit and he can't use either due to not having a browser and not having the blue cart.
I've been searching and trying for the past 2 hours and so far have had no luck.

When I put down my 3DS and Gateway, Pokemon Sun had just been released and I installed that and played it. Now I come back and apparently Gateway is dead. Unknowingly I updated my Emunand and got a black screen, so I went and formatted it and it's currently 4.0.1 GW (And normal firmware also same, just without GW)

I don't have the blue card (the DS flashcard) just the red one (gateway flashcard) as I never used the blue one and lost it.

I tried to follow 3ds guide (the website, can't link)
and also their guide for doing it without a browser (It needs the SD blue card, so I couldn't do it)

My browser won't launch in 4.0.1 GW, it says it needs a system update before connecting to the internet which is annoying as hell and leaves me at an impasse.

Could anyone give me a few pointers?
You might need to get a DS flashcart. Any will work as long as it works on 4.x 3DS but if you get this cart: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
or the newer R4i Gold Plus from the same site, you can use the ntrboot method which is a bit easier and also works on any current and future 3DS and allows unbricking any (software) bricked 3DS, and installing B9S in just a couple of minutes.
 

Site & Scene News