OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is done to death. But I want to clarify something.

Most of the cards I have seen (atleast the guides on how to use them with the 3DS) instruct that a previous DS console is needed (DSi, Lite etc) for an update. I do not have such a facility and was hoping if any card on the market has an out of the box 3DS support?

I believe my 3DS has been updated one, I believe that is alright. (Then again, I am a total newb at this).

Could anyone please clarify this for me?

Cheers.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some stores will update the cart for you beforehand for a small fee. IIRC (but don't take my word for it), the Acekard 2i and Supercard DSTWO come pre-flashed.

vika09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted this several times in the past and I'll post it here again.

I can 100% confirm that the acekard 2i being sold on this site work on the 3ds right out of the box. The site is Gamespree.net

They do indeed ship internationally but they are based in Canada.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
vika09 said:
I live in the UK, these are the options I seem to have:.........and
http://www.r4i-r4.co.uk/products/R4iGold-3...LD-EU-team.html

I believe the R4 is the most famous card? But seeing as the Supercard is mentioned, which one would be the better option?
Yes the 'R4' is the most famous card - but for the wrong reasons.... there's an awful lot of poor quality 'clone' cards with that name

I would definitely NOT go for THAT r4 card - there's no mention that it can run 'Wood R4', although it does seem to be still getting updated frequently there's no guarantee that in the future it will (just look @ this site & you'll see that there's been many 'R4' cards that haven't been updated for over 5months etc)

- it's best to go for a card that can support 'Wood R4'

If anything - if you want to buy from this site & you want an R4 - I would go for this one - if you go to the website mentioned (http://www.r4ids.cn/) -you'll see WoodR4 is supported

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know I'm a bit late, but for future references:

I bought my acekard 2i at http://www.nintendokorting.nl/. They're based in the Netherlands, and they also preflashed it for me.
smile.gif

(btw: if you're from England...would you please change your flag? It immediately gives the impression that you're from the US).

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prolly not something to worry about, but, i ordered an r4i for like 20 bucks (dont remember which site) and it never came (i ordered like 8 months ago)..........ya there are quite a few scammers online

vika09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys,

sorry for the bump.

I just got the acekard firm updater to work, but heard rumours that the HW number should be 4444? Otherwise something like 8181 is fake? could anyone clarify? My updater showsm the chip id HW to be 8181

Thanks!

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
vika09 said:
Hey guys,

sorry for the bump.

I just got the acekard firm updater to work, but heard rumours that the HW number should be 4444? Otherwise something like 8181 is fake? could anyone clarify? My updater showsm the chip id HW to be 8181

Thanks!

you got an acekard then...why dont look at their website: http://www.acekard.com/news.php

both acekard HW 44 and 81 are real acekard, but acekard HW 44 cant be upgrade to work with the 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy